Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BANNED

My suggestion for "No Direction Home" from Dylan's song came closest.

"How does it feel
    To be on your own
    With no direction home
    Like a complete unknown
    Just like a rolling stone."

Pretty sure this song will be sung at one time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1gdre5Nij8

The teaser video is cute, and Tom Holland sounds a lot better in his natural British accent than his American one.

That whiteboard with the proposed names and notes was funny. I noticed that a few fan theories like Homeworlds and Homerun were featured.

I'm surprised Home Alone would be a copyright issue since Disney owns the movies now, and they've shown Home Alone 3 on Disney Channel a lot before 2010.

And Aunt May wouldn't approve of Homeschooling.

Just heard this. It is a good title though TBH I was expecting Homeworlds.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-24-2021 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Typos: Zero Tolerance
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    That whiteboard with the proposed names and notes was funny. I noticed that a few fan theories like Homeworlds and Homerun were featured.

I'm surprised Home Alone would be a copyright issue since Disney owns the movies now, and they've shown Home Alone 3 on Disney Channel a lot before 2010.

And Aunt May wouldn't approve of Homeschooling.
    this is a sony film
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

No way home makes a lot of sense, Holland will be visiting multiple universes where he would come across Tobey Maguire , Andrew Garfield, Jamie Foxx and so forth.

He will get trapped and have to find his way back to his own MCU universe

I will keep my eyes on this film because the hype has been built although I am not expecting much.

I wish this version of Spider-Man would have no way home and stay in the multiverse as yet another iteration of the character. But I feel like he will indeed find his way back home.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

It's the first MCU project I've actually been excited for in a long while!

As someone who was introduced to Spider-Man (and honestly, to Marvel in general) through Raimi's films, I don't deny that the nostalgia factor of Dafoe's Green Goblin and Molina's Doc Ock will be a huge plus-point for me, irrespective of how the rest of the film turns out. Less excited about Foxx's Electro, but I loved the Andrew Garfield/Marc Webb 'duology' (well, the first one anyway) and I think it often gets left out of conversations about the Spider-Man franchise, so I'm glad to see it getting its due here.

I'm excited about the fact that this seems to be, first and foremost, a Spider-Man story. Homecoming was about Peter as Tony Stark's apprentice, and Far From Home was about Peter as Tony Stark's potential successor. Even Vulture and Mysterio, classic Spidey villains, were repurposed into basically being Iron Man villains who Spider-Man ends up dealing with due to his connection to Iron Man. Now, I've enjoyed these movies for what they are, which is basically Spider-Man's extended introduction to the MCU, and I treat Holland's Iron Man-oriented take on Peter as its own thing with its own merits - but I'm really glad we're finally getting a story which is a deep-dive into the Spider-Man mythos, and a love-letter to the Spider-Man film franchise as a whole. Sure, we have Dr. Strange, but it seems like he's more of a plot-device to facilitate the Multiverse story, rather than the focus of the story the way Tony Stark was (before and after his death).

I am intrigued about the mechanics of this Multiversal ride though. Do they literally travel to the Raimi-verse (and Webb-verse)? Do they pull versions of those characters into the MCU? Does the MCU get altered to include versions of these characters?

I'm a bit iffy about Alfred Molina playing the same Otto Octavius as in Spider-Man 2. Its not about him being dead...we can easily imagine the Multiversal energies reviving him and pulling him into another world after he fell into the Hudson at the end of that movie. My problem is that it undermines Otto's redemption arc at the end of that movie, where he sacrifices himself to save NYC after regaining control over the arms. Now, if its some kind of 'variant' of Otto Octavius who isn't literally meant to be the guy from the end of Spider-Man 2...I'm a lot more comfortable with that.

The same applies I guess to Dafoe's Goblin, but it's less of an issue with me there. That Osborn died as a villain, and if he comes back to life, he's likely to seek revenge against Peter Parker, no matter which version!

Anyway, on the whole, really looking forward to seeing where this goes! Hopefully, this is the 20th anniversary celebration Spider-Man on film deserves!

All-New Member

Default Spider-Man trailer

Have you watched the trailer? it is mind blowing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYzbalQ6Lg8

It's possible that Tobey and/or Andrew Spideys are in some shots in the trailer but were removed, the most obvious evidence of this is when it looks like Lizard got punched:

https://twitter.com/Spider_Leaks/sta...88058916274180

Also this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    It's possible that Tobey and/or Andrew Spideys are in some shots in the trailer but were removed, the most obvious evidence of this is when it looks like Lizard got punched:

https://twitter.com/Spider_Leaks/sta...88058916274180

Also this:

I bet that Tobey and Garfield aren't gonna show up until the climax. Hell, maybe what brings then to this unigerse is whatever is happening in the statue of liberty, wich seems to be the climax of the movie. I could he wrong, but i wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona