Page 125 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    I mean they never did state how Norman died to the public did they? But Otto learn how he died specifically maybe he did some research on his own and learn the truth before Harry
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I think one could do some tweaking here and there to make it fit. Maybe he was familiar with the Green Goblin prototype Oscorp was making for the military and he just deduced GG's identity. I guess the screenwriters didn't want to waste too much time on that regard, and they chose to move the plot forward and introduce the idea of villains who died in a faster way, which is a creative decision I can totally understand
    end of spoilers
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    I mean they never did state how Norman died to the public did they? But Otto learn how he died specifically maybe he did some research on his own and learn the truth before Harry
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

These are not the exact same versions from the earlier movies we watched, so details from their universes may be a little different from the films.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    spoilers:

I think I’ve seen all the Andrew/Tobey scenes. First of all, Andrew gives some of the best acting performances in the film. His scenes are chock-full of emotion and he almost upstages Tom in his own movie.

Second, as great as Andrew’s performance is, Tobey’s seems the exact opposite. He basically sleepwalks through the role. Never felt any emotion behind his performance. Felt like Andrew was there because he wanted to be there, and Tobey just wants to cash a check.

Tom also gave a good performance, fwiw.

end of spoilers
    I think the stuff you're complaining about worked.

spoilers:
    Tobey Maguire was a Spider-Man who was comfortable in his own skin
    end of spoilers which can fit an actor who isn't trying too hard. So that fit the movie, even if it didn't require the actor to be too invested. I suspect both of us can agree spoilers:
    it was a much better conclusion to his story than Spider-Man 3.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I loved this movie.

And I'm thinking about the influences.

It's a really good adaptation of spoilers:
    "The Night Gwen Stacy Died." In this case Norman Osborn becomes the Green Goblin again, and kills someone else Peter loves, showing a side of him that we don't see very often: the angel of death from the Master Planner Saga and Amazing Spider-Man #122, potentially the best Spider-Man issue ever.
    end of spoilers We've seen echoes in multiple Spider-Man movies, and it built in it here.

I love the Lizard. He's my favorite Spider-Man villain. And while he wasn't that major here, it got to the whole question of the danger of curing monsters. I'm going to see the film again tomorrow, and I wonder if I'll love it as much.

It's also possible that if I'm disappointed, another film down the line will make me appreciate it even more.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I was blown away. I think this is easily my favorite Spider-Man movie.

spoilers:
    The highlights of the film we’re definitely the performances as Dafoe and Molina, showing that the two of them still got it in their old age. ESPECIALLY the former, proving once again that no other villain will cause Spider-Man more grief than the Green Goblin. It was also great to see the banter between the three Spider-Men. My favorite scene being when the three of them discuss the crazy **** they’ve been through in their respective universes.
    end of spoilers

This might be a strange comparison but this film really feels like the Sonic Generations of the Spider-Man film franchise. It’s essentially one big celebration of the crazy ride we’ve all been on for nearly 20 years now. Needless to say I’m REALLY looking forward to the college trilogy.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

spoilers:
    Place ERUPTED when Andrew saved MJ and got emotional at his reaction to doing so afterwards.
    end of spoilers

I loved every single second of this film. Simply wonderful.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Incredible Member

I really loved it despite the massive plot holes with the ending. (Edit: Removed further thoughts since I can't get the [spoilers]spoiler[/spoilers] tag to work)
    Last edited by gregpersons; 12-18-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Man, this movie reminded me of everything I hated about Avengers Endgame. They highjack what could've been a good story about Peter losing control over his life and using magic to cover it up, and make it all about these other movies that came before. I was 2 years old when the first Spider-man movie came out. It was a big thing during my childhood. I'm one of the people here that also liked both Andrew Garfield movies. But when they appeared in this movie and the whole theatre started screaming, I just covered my ears and snoozed.

Not that anything of it matters of course, everyone is gonna go bananas over these 'member berries gimmick and the movie will make tons of easy cash.

Btw, it's the most expensive amateur film I've ever seen. You could tell very easily that the actors were rarely in the same scene, and Electro's CGI looked terrible. Also, no wonder it was so hard to see Green Goblin's face during the fights, they brought back William Dafoe to do things only stunt doubles and CGI could do.

Quote Originally Posted by gregpersons View Post
    I really loved it despite the massive plot holes with the ending. (Edit: Removed further thoughts since I can't get the [spoilers]spoiler[/spoilers] tag to work)
    Use "spoil" instead of "spoilers". Should work.

We've got to stop using spoiler tags. If a person doesn't want to be spoiled on NWH, they shouldn't be in a thread titled 'Spider-Man: No Way Home'. This isn't an all purpose general thread like the 'Marvel Cinematic Universe' thread.

I loved this as a Spider-Man fan but I'm still thinking about how it holds up as a movie beyond the fan service. There are lingering plot related issues that they may (or may not) resolve regarding the multiverse and while I'm invested in the movies and loved the call backs, I'm not sure how it works with folks who are less familiar which tends to be my measure of how well a comic book movie works - like could my mom watch it and have a satisfying time based on what's there?

About halfway thru I felt like we finally had a SPIDER-MAN MOVIE and not basically a low stakes MCU Saturday morning cartoon which the first 2 were. I enjoyed them for what they were but they were dumb fun with an eh-take on the character. Here, it feels like they've finally given Tom Holland the guilt, the "Parker luck" and the hope to actually be a decent Peter Parker.

I honestly think it's incredible that they took blah stories from the books - one more day, omit, spiderverse - and created a really fun ride at the theaters. Imagine what they could do adapting actually GOOD comic stories!
    Last edited by ReadMoreComics!; 12-19-2021 at 10:28 AM.

Ultimate Member

As someone who felt like Green Goblin was not, then best written villain in the first Rami film. It was so awesome seeing Dafoe give another great performance combined with (imo) better writing for Norman as a character.

Alfred Molina was fantastic here as well. He slipped right back into this role after 15 years so effortlessly.

In fact, the acting across the board was good to great. Tom Holland and Zendaya have such amazing chemistry together.

I’m a tiny bit conflicted about the ending, but I admire the movie for letting there be actually consequences that stick.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think the stuff you're complaining about worked.

spoilers:
    Tobey Maguire was a Spider-Man who was comfortable in his own skin
    end of spoilers which can fit an actor who isn't trying too hard. So that fit the movie, even if it didn't require the actor to be too invested. I suspect both of us can agree spoilers:
    it was a much better conclusion to his story than Spider-Man 3.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Also, in fairness, Tobey has been pretty much hiatus as the actor for seven years, since his last major film as actor was Pawn Sacrifce in 2014. Aside from special role as the narrator in Boss Baby, No Way Home is the actual first time that Tobey appeared as the actor role in Seven Years. So I guess he was kinda trying to get back on his feet on acting.
    end of spoilers

Was the guy playing Sandman not available to be physically present for his scenes or did they make a creative choice for him to be cgi the entire movie?