Page 126 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Was the guy playing Sandman not available to be physically present for his scenes or did they make a creative choice for him to be cgi the entire movie?
    They reused (and slightly edited) the old SM3 footage for his non-Sandman scenes, so I'm betting he couldn't be on the set.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Was the guy playing Sandman not available to be physically present for his scenes or did they make a creative choice for him to be cgi the entire movie?
    Yeah I think they decided to just fully CGI him because either the Thomas Haden Church was unavailable to do physcial acting or it would take a lot of budget to make de-aged CGI version of him .

spoilers:
    Also, kudos for Charlie Cox/Matt Murdock for being first Netflix MCU Actor/Character to appear in MCU movie. I also love they show that he is indeed skilled as Daredevil by showing catching the brick without even blinking his eye.
    end of spoilers

Thoughts on #SpiderManNoWayHome (spoilers follow) ...
    1. This is the Endgame of Spider-Man movies. I honestly don't think they can go bigger than this going forward for Spidey solo movies.

2. Into The Spider-Verse now actually has stiff competition for Best Spider-Man Movie Ever (right now, I'd still give it to ITSV over NWH: you don't need to have seen any SM movies before it, and the music is so much more a factor).

3. Had a tough time believing so many civilians in the MCU would immediately forget all the good Spider-Man did in favor of their new "hero" Mysterio's lies (suddenly remembers Jan 6th IRL) ... you know what, nevermind. Too many people CAN be manipulated into believing anything.

4. The fallout to having a secret identity made public was a big reminder why so few superheroes still bother with them anymore (Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne, and Clark Kent are the only major ones left for whom secret identity are a huge part).

5. Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock! Hope they do more with him onscreen in the MCU going forward!

6. The MCU Spider-Man movies never featured Uncle Ben, but each one did feature an elder male authority figure. HC had Tony Stark, FFH had Nick Fury, and NWH has Dr. Strange. It'll be interesting to see if Peter can go it on his own from here.

7. The Spider-Villains were great! Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Electro, Sandman, The Lizard all got to make use of their limited time onscreen well.
    Lots of nostalgia here. Speaking of which ...

8. Holy ****, Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield were perfect, both with Tom Holland and in general! I thought it was going to be cameos, but no, they were integral to the plot right to the end. Suffice to say, I could gush about every second they were onscreen, from the intros, to the fighting, to (esp) just talking. No prior movie could even begin to pull off something like this.

9. Aunt May dying would normally anger me, but ... I understand. Peter had to lose the one close person that he couldn't just start over from square one again. And since we never saw this Peter lose Uncle Ben, it's kinda fitting we watch him lose Aunt May ��

10. So is Eddie Brock back in the Sonyverse or still in the MCU? Can't imagine that stinger was strictly for the jokes.

Bottom Line: No Way Home was as stuffed a movie I've seen that somehow never went into overstuffed territory. For the longtime Spider-Man fans, this movie is Mount Everest. I loved it.

Grade: 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    spoilers:
    IMO MJ will 100% still be his love interest going forward. Just relationship starting again differently
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I can see both her and Ned encountering Peter...and they could all use other names - Mary Jane Watson, Ganke Lee, and Ben Reilly!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

I also appreciated how they made Peter’s motivations for going to Strange feel, less selfish than I’d fears they might be.

It was less about his life being messed up and more his friends and family having their lives ruined.

Tom and Zendaya have such fantastic chemistry together.

I think they almost HAVE to have a more grounded fourth film if they make one. IDK how you possibly could go bigger than this?

Extraordinary Member

Just got back from it. It was a fun movie..
    spoilers:
    Loved the appearances of all the characters. All the bad guys, Toby and Andrew and let's not forget Charlie Cox in one beautiful scene. And of course that Tom Hardy credit scene and the introduction of symbiote goo to the MCU.
    end of spoilers

But I still wish the MCU Spider-Man movies were more in line with Spidey's early years. There was no need for Michelle Jones as a love interest or for Ned to be the best friend. Peter didn't have those and was somewhat of an outcast. spoilers:
    and don't even get me started on Michelle Jones WATSON!!!!
    end of spoilers

It was like the MCU Spidey movies were there to show that he is part of the MCU than to be about Spider-Man. 1 was about his Stark hero worship and dealing with people Tony pissed off and 2 was about dealing with a bunch of people who Tony pissed off (sensing a theme). 3 was just a mash up of Spider-Verse and spoilers:
    OMD...and part of me is lkind of surprised that Peter did not create a false ID as Ben Reilly.
    end of spoilers

Don't get me wrong...I like that it is tied to the MCU...but still want him to be his own thing.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 12-19-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Two more thoughts on the film.

1. It may just have the best use of smart phones in any movie ever. There's been serious discussion about whether the ubiquity of smart phones is making it difficult for filmmakers to make truly contemporary movies.

2. I really like how the conflict between Spider-Man and Doctor Strange made sense from the perspectives of both characters. It makes sense that Dr Strange, a guy who hangs out with fellow sorcerers, is too arrogant to consider the nuances of a spell before he casts it on behalf of a friend. He is also willing to sacrifice innocent and criminal lives for the greater good. Meanwhile, Peter's a blue collar teenager. He doesn't know how to navigate bureaucracy and get people to bend rules on his behalf, which is second-nature to an Ivy League educated doctor (it's Columbia University on his sweater, not Trump University.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    2. I really like how the conflict between Spider-Man and Doctor Strange made sense from the perspectives of both characters. It makes sense that Dr Strange, a guy who hangs out with fellow sorcerers, is too arrogant to consider the nuances of a spell before he casts it on behalf of a friend. He is also willing to sacrifice innocent and criminal lives for the greater good. Meanwhile, Peter's a blue collar teenager. He doesn't know how to navigate bureaucracy and get people to bend rules on his behalf, which is second-nature to an Ivy League educated doctor (it's Columbia University on his sweater, not Trump University.)
    I really think that comes down to Stephen and Peter NOT talking it through. Stephen was in the middle of the spell when Peter starts in with his "but want about Not-MJ" and so on. If they had talked about it and Peter said " I want Michelle, Ned, Aunt May, Happy and of course the Avengers to remember...but everyone else not to..." then it would most likely have gone off without a hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I really think that comes down to Stephen and Peter NOT talking it through. Stephen was in the middle of the spell when Peter starts in with his "but want about Not-MJ" and so on. If they had talked about it and Peter said " I want Michelle, Ned, Aunt May, Happy and of course the Avengers to remember...but everyone else not to..." then it would most likely have gone off without a hitch.
    yeah and strange should have just stopped the spell but since he is arrogant he kept on going
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

When can we discuss this without spoiler tags?
    MY POWERS HAVE RETURNED TO ME!! I HAVEN'T LOST THEM!! I'M STILL SPIDER-MAN!

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Just got done watching, holy crap I absolutely loved it. I’ll wait a bit to discuss because I don’t want to spoil.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

spoilers:
    Had some really great moments but fell flat for me as a whole.

Spider-Man has the greatest motivation in the history of comic books and the MCU still can't get that right. Essentially MCU Peter Parker has always been committed to doing the right thing, and in the end, the big 'power and responsibility' speech just reinforces what he already knew several years into his superhero career.
    end of spoilers

Liz pulled a Debra Whitman LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

Oh snap good call back haven't notice that
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post

I always wondered if Liz survived the Snap, and now she’s 5 years older than her former classmates.
    They couldn’t have EVERY single one of Peter’s known classmates not be blipped.