Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Liz pulled a Debra Whitman LOL

She's not wrong...

Liz pulled a Debra Whitman LOL

Hah, that's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I always wondered if Liz survived the Snap, and now she’s 5 years older than her former classmates.
    They couldn’t have EVERY single one of Peter’s known classmates not be blipped.
    That would be a weird situations if Peter ever meets her again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's not wrong...
    She ain't yeah lol.

Also, about the spell, does it just make people forget about spoilers:
    Spidey's existence, while keeping stuff like those magazines and whatever was on the internet? Or does it also erase 'em?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Spidey's existence, while keeping stuff like those magazines and whatever was on the internet? Or does it also erase 'em?
    end of spoilers
    That's the same question people had about spoilers:
    the spell from One Moment In Time, especially regarding Debra Whitman's tell-all book. I'm guessing all evidence is erased.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    She ain't yeah lol.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I've also seen speculation as to whether anyone outside Earth were unaffected by the spell, so Carol Danvers, the Guardians, and Nicky Fury might still remember Peter.
    end of spoilers

That's the same question people had about spoilers:
    the spell from One Moment In Time, especially regarding Debra Whitman's tell-all book. I'm guessing all evidence is erased.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Thinking of it, OMIT's spell specifically makes it so no one can ever make the connections about Peter being Spidey, only if they directly see him unmasking, so that could mean the information is still around, but people couldn't tell even if it's written directly, thing is, since Spider-Island had people seeing Peter with Spider-Powers, that weakened the spell, made it so that people can at least deduce he's Spider-Man, meaning that if those books and news are around, people can remember once again... Great, we have a plot hole in a comic book
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I've also seen speculation as to whether anyone outside Earth were unaffected by the spell, so Carol Danvers, the Guardians, and Nicky Fury might still remember Peter.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So Fury's out of Earth? Would be funny if you're right, he returns, and he wonders why everyone forgot about Spider-Man lol.

But yeah, good point, don't think Strange's spell would affect in an universal scale... Also, does Venom show up in this movie? Does he still know if so? A friend of mine said that this version of Venom is a hive mind connected to the multiverse, and if that's the case, difficult to make him forget.

But either way, the movie says nothing specific about erasing information from newspapers and the internet then?
    end of spoilers

The next Syndercut movement?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

spoilers:
    I would not be surprised if Peter seeks out a scientific solution to MJ and Ned not remembering him.

Say, the Fantastic Four?

The spell seems to create a blind spot but it might be something Reed's instruments would detect neurologically if were able to study someone who had experienced it.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post

Please no that was toxic I think some good came out of it but still it's toxic
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    spoilers:
    I would not be surprised if Peter seeks out a scientific solution to MJ and Ned not remembering him.

Say, the Fantastic Four?

The spell seems to create a blind spot but it might be something Reed's instruments would detect neurologically if were able to study someone who had experienced it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's the thing though, Peter doesn't want to undo it. It's apparent he ultimately thinks its for the best after seeing MJ with the cut on her head, and the fact she would have fallen to her death because of him. Knowing that the people he cares about would be put into jeopardy knowing about him, it's a very selfless sacrifice you'd expect someone like Peter Parker to make. Who knows if they commit to it, but it would add a lot of gravitas to the responsibility of Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    spoilers:
    That's the thing though, Peter doesn't want to undo it. It's apparent he ultimately thinks its for the best after seeing MJ with the cut on her head, and the fact she would have fallen to her death because of him. Knowing that the people he cares about would be put into jeopardy knowing about him, it's a very selfless sacrifice you'd expect someone like Peter Parker to make. Who knows if they commit to it, but it would add a lot of gravitas to the responsibility of Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is why I don't think we'll immediately see any of Peter's old friends in the next Spider-Man movie. Not to rule them out coming back, but I think the the next era of movies will be initially focusing on new characters/relationships.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

I have to echo what was said earlier about Peter and Strange coming into conflict felt very believable. And you could see where they were both coming from, but also the flaws in both their POV’s.

spoilers:
    This is why I don't think we'll immediately see any of Peter's old friends in the next Spider-Man movie. Not to rule them out coming back, but I think the the next era of movies will be initially focusing on new characters/relationships.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I agree, the intention is clearly a fresh start/clean slate. If they didn't want that, they could have just come up with a reason for MJ and Ned to remember and carry on into the next set of movies, but its obviously a conscious decision by the writers/architects of the movies, they want to set up a new era of Peter's life with new people/relationships. Not to say they can't pop up again, but for them forgetting to hold any emotional weight whatsoever, I think it's best they commit to it for the first couple of movies or so instead of immediately sweeping it under the rug making you wonder what the point of it was. I think they should focus on firmly establishing the new cast and Peter's relationships with them, and then they could bring MJ and Ned back into the fold.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

After seeing the movie, I really liked the movie, but must ask…did it kind of drag in the beginning for anyone else besides myself? I suppose me not being a fan of the previous two entries made the scenes before the bridge kind of slow to me. I WILL give credit for having ONE MCU Spider-Man movie where Tony Stark doesn’t drive the narrative…I ALMOST wanted to see them double down on it and find some way to make Tony Stark responsible for the Raimi and Webb baddies somehow just for laughs.

spoilers:
    Also, I’m surprised Peter went on to perpetually prove that he WAS Spider-Man after Mysterio’s video came out by doing Spider-Man stuff unmasked…I’m surprised that there wasn’t even a debate on the other side (Peter Parker can’t be Spider-Man). Also how does the spell affect things like video and print? Because they didn’t go out of their way to debunk it, it still would be out there.

However I AM glad for a fresh start for college, as the MCU kids always grated on my nerves. Heck I’d say that KNOWING Spider-Man didn’t put them in danger, but Peter dragging them into his superhero affairs was more of a problem. This is why it seemed like college acceptance was the biggest deal.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post

They won't make it the superhero romcom that it should be where Peter meets his world's MJ, knows it's destiny, and tries to fight it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    After seeing the movie, I really liked the movie, but must ask…did it kind of drag in the beginning for anyone else besides myself? I suppose me not being a fan of the previous two entries made the scenes before the bridge kind of slow to me. I WILL give credit for having ONE MCU Spider-Man movie where Tony Stark doesn’t drive the narrative…I ALMOST wanted to see them double down on it and find some way to make Tony Stark responsible for the Raimi and Webb baddies somehow just for laughs.

spoilers:
    Also, I’m surprised Peter went on to perpetually prove that he WAS Spider-Man after Mysterio’s video came out by doing Spider-Man stuff unmasked…I’m surprised that there wasn’t even a debate on the other side (Peter Parker can’t be Spider-Man). Also how does the spell affect things like video and print? Because they didn’t go out of their way to debunk it, it still would be out there.

However I AM glad for a fresh start for college, as the MCU kids always grated on my nerves. Heck I’d say that KNOWING Spider-Man didn’t put them in danger, but Peter dragging them into his superhero affairs was more of a problem. This is why it seemed like college acceptance was the biggest deal.
    end of spoilers
    I think the dragging in the beginning was necessary to show why he decided to do the spell in the first place
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy