Page 58 of 136 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

The gold is there to honor Iron Man.

These movies will never shed themselves of Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The gold is there to honor Iron Man.

Well, the gold is there to hearken to the Iron Spider, which was yet another Starksuit, so...yeah.

Although even just all the different costumes is basically like all the Iron Man armors.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, who knows? Because of social media and the world moving in internet time, I do think audiences accept radical changes within a shorter frame time than they used to. Remember how a few years ago everyone and their grandma saw Laurie Strode as Michael Myers' sister, and now it's a complete afterthought?

Add to that how crazy Sony has been in the last 12 years, with the constant back-and-forth ("oh they're rebooting... Oh they're not... Oh yes they are... Oh they announced sequels and spinoffs... Oh they all got canned... Oh wait they didn't... Oh now they're rebooting into the MCU... Oh wait the deal is over... Oh wait it's not... Oh wait they're doing Spider-Verse now")... it feels like years of news and changes have gone by between each movie, lol.

For those reasons I'm more optimistic about Spider-Man's film future than I have been in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Honestly, who knows? Because of social media and the world moving in internet time, I do think audiences accept radical changes within a shorter frame time than they used to. Remember how a few years ago everyone and their grandma saw Laurie Strode as Michael Myers' sister, and now it's a complete afterthought?

Add to that how crazy Sony has been in the last 12 years, with the constant back-and-forth ("oh they're rebooting... Oh they're not... Oh yes they are... Oh they announced sequels and spinoffs... Oh they all got canned... Oh wait they didn't... Oh now they're rebooting into the MCU... Oh wait the deal is over... Oh wait it's not... Oh wait they're doing Spider-Verse now")... it feels like years of news and changes have gone by between each movie, lol.

For those reasons I'm more optimistic about Spider-Man's film future than I have been in a while.
    I wish I could have your confidence. I have lost all faith in this iteration of Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

I wish I could have your confidence. I have lost all faith in this iteration of Spider-Man.
    Confidence is a strong word, lol. I'm just saying my faith in recent weeks has not been at zero. It was literally at zero prior to that, ever since seeing Far From Home.

Who knows, they might even soft-reboot or amalgamate at the live-action Spider-Men into one in DC-Crisis style (another theory going around).

To be honest I have as well. I was not thrilled with the last 2 movies and I think it says a lot for this movies that the biggest draw are characters from past better Spiderman movies.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

https://www.empire***********/movies...tts-exclusive/

New Still Image for NWH from Empire Site and the new look at Doc Ock.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by primenumber101; 10-23-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Running from Octavius and in typically Superhero movie fashion we gotta see the hero unmask. Well I know in the trailer Peter does uses iron spider arms wonder if Octavius will be taken aback by that. 4 arms vs 4 arms
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Running from Octavius and in typically Superhero movie fashion we gotta see the hero unmask. Well I know in the trailer Peter does uses iron spider arms wonder if Octavius will be taken aback by that. 4 arms vs 4 arms
    It's technically 8 versus 8, the four extra arms added to the two arms and two legs of the human body.

I do like that still image of Doctor Octopus. It captures the distortion of Dr. Octopus as a character, he's an average size man who can make himself a giant with his arms, becoming essentially a chimera, a man-monster hybrid. That wasn't emphasized much in the Raimi (where we mostly see Ock ground-level) by comparison.

I am not crazy about the ugly wig they have given Ock, it looks very pasty and ugly. It doesn't at all look like Molina from SM-2.

MCU Peter getting trounced by Doc Ock feels kind of funny .

I hope they get as much mileage out of the FFH suit as they can before Peter ditches it again.

Curious. I wonder how much Dr. Octopus, Electro, and..... Goblin?? will be part of the film-- in particular, because MCU Peter doesn't know these guys at all, what is going to be the takeaway for him to be forced to fight guys who "know" him but he doesn't have a clue about any of their backstories. They're just grumpy grownups, from his perspective. He knows nothing about Octavious's research or the accident that killed his wife; he knows nothing about Max Dillon's workplace disrespect at Oscorp. and the theft of his designs; so far we haven't seen an MCU Harry Osborn at all, so everything of knowing the relationship between he and Norman just isn't there.
    The film runs a risk of presenting any of the "sony-era" villains as just video-game style adversaries. If and when Peter can subdue them, there's still the problem of having this cross-dimensional foe with certain advantages of knowing who he is, etc., which would make MCU Peter's life even more miserable than it already is with the public accusation of murder.

We'll see how this goes.

Astonishing Member

Someone pointed out how Peter could be running away from Ock because the Iron Spider suit isn't charged. The eyes always glow when it's charged. Which is weird to think about, like, dude you have powers, you don't need it to be charged lol. And Ock isn't even a Thanos-level threat where you need armor and tech to beat him, he is one of your own.

The first shot of Peter without the mask looks better.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-23-2021 at 11:32 AM.

BANNED

Someone pointed out how Peter could be running away from Ock because the Iron Spider suit isn't charged. The eyes always glow when it's charged. Which is weird to think about, like, dude you have powers, you don't need it to be charged lol. And Ock isn't even a Thanos-level threat where you need armor and tech to beat him, he is one of your own.

The first shot of Peter without the mask looks better.
    Well he's not one of this Peter's villains.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well he's not one of this Peter's villains.
    Yeah, but this Peter doesn't have any less powers or raw ability than the other Peter's.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Yeah, but this Peter doesn't have any less powers or raw ability than the other Peter's.
    We also don’t know what shape Peter’s in when this scene plays out. For all we know he’s running on empty when this scene takes place or it’s the aftermath of Peter fighting off Ock, Gobby and/or whoever else simultaneously.

With context (assuming this scene even happens lol) there are plenty of reasons why Peter might choose to dip out instead of continuing to fight Ock.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 10-23-2021 at 12:11 PM.