Page 115 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I SACRIFICED??

spoilers:
    About the same amount of screen time Dafoe had in the first Spider-Man. No, I'm not expecting this to Spider-Man 4 or ASM 3 but I think they will have a more substantial role than people think. They'll likely show up around the middle of Act 2.

Also, the latest leaks claim that they aren't using the deaging technology on Tobey. He looks pretty much exactly like an older version of his Peter Parker.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Tobey ain't that old anyway is he for them to use de-aging
    end of spoilers
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I ****ing knew it. We've been robbed. Imagine, live action Kraven and Scorpion in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    Tobey ain't that old anyway is he for them to use de-aging
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah but they are not trying to hide the fact that time has passed between his last Spider-Man movie and this one.
    end of spoilers

I ****ing knew it. We've been robbed. Imagine, live action Kraven and Scorpion in the movie.
    It would've made a lot more sense. Kraven/Scorpion were unadapted Lee/Ditko villains, Peter is on the run, etc.

Instead, let's go Multiverse! Even though it's not an anniversary or anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would've made a lot more sense. Kraven/Scorpion were unadapted Lee/Ditko villains, Peter is on the run, etc.

Instead, let's go Multiverse! Even though it's not an anniversary or anything!
    spider-verse success made them do it.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spider-verse success made them do it.
    I honestly think this is what happened. Into the Spider-Verse.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I honestly think this is what happened. Into the Spider-Verse.
    Into The Spider-Verse and MCU Spider-Man's dependency on novelty to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    About that... Tobey and Andrew better be in this, because this version of the Sinister Six (or Five - whatever their number is) is honestly lame. Were it not for Tobey and Andrew, I wouldn't be excited for any of them besides Electro. I like Jamie Foxx and thought he was wasted in the role, so seeing him play that character again is exciting. But everyone else?

Church's Sandman and Ifans' Lizard were meh. I don't know if anyone has a massive desire to see those versions of Sandman and Lizard again.

GG and Ock are a grey area. Dafoe and Molina were perfect casting, so in a way it's good that they're back, but they were always playing the wrong versions. If Tobey and Andrew somehow aren't in this, they should have let Dafoe and Molina do something new with those characters. Have Dafoe play a sane Norman Osborn and have Molina play an actual bad guy. They could have been different versions from a universe we haven't seen. So if Tobey and Andrew really aren't in this, Dafoe and Molina were wasted for a second time IMO.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 12-08-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Into The Spider-Verse and MCU Spider-Man's dependency on novelty to be interesting.
    I’m pretty sure the multiverse route is more Amy Pascal (Sony) than Kevin Feige (Marvel).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m pretty sure the multiverse route is more Amy Pascal (Sony) than Kevin Feige (Marvel).
    Either way, it's nothing new for this Spider-Man.

It's honestly questionable if you could even tell a "traditional" Spider-Man story with this version.

Honestly, I just feel like they all realized it was a once in a lifetime chance since you don't know if all the contract stuff will go through some changes again in the future. This is the moment to realize the chance you're getting in this film. Sure you can have Scorpion and Kraven as regular villains chasing an exposed Spider-Man but you can always save them for the next film. This might be the only chance to have an MCU movie where all Spider-Men are reunited on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Honestly, I just feel like they all realized it was a once in a lifetime chance since you don't know if all the contract stuff will go through some changes again in the future. This is the moment to realize the chance you're getting in this film. Sure you can have Scorpion and Kraven as regular villains chasing an exposed Spider-Man but you can always save them for the next film. This might be the only chance to have an MCU movie where all Spider-Men are reunited on screen.
    Scorpion, maybe, but now Sony's trying to make solo Kraven happen because they think that's somehow something people want to watch.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    You're right that timing probably had a lot to do with it too. I mean, Andrew is 38 and Tobey is 46. Seems like it's almost now or never.

Still, ITSV probably still had to be the success it was in order for this to have happened.

Good old Sony with ItSV. The craziest thing is how now the exclusively Sony Spider-men are being brought into the MCU fold. Never thought I'd see that happen.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Sony has been wanting to make a Sinister Six movie for ages now and ITSV got them seeing $$$ signs. I bet it was agreeing to do the Multiversal Sinister Six and cross over with the other Spider-Men is what got them to agree to bring Spider-Man back into the MCU.

Some times I think Dr Strange is Fiege's self insert into the MCU. Constantly weighing options and whittling down possibilities till he finds the timeline that will grant Marvel the most success.

FiegeStrange: Be careful what you wish for, Amy.

Fiege Strange: The problem is you, wanting too many villains in one movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    You're right that timing probably had a lot to do with it too. I mean, Andrew is 38 and Tobey is 46. Seems like it's almost now or never.

Still, ITSV probably still had to be the success it was in order for this to have happened.
    Don't forget Molina and Dafoe being in the 60's and 70's respectively with Jamie Foxx in his 50's. The rest of the 5 are in that age range too.
    Last edited by John Venus; 12-09-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Don't forget Molina and Dafoe being in the 60's and 70's respectively with Jamie Foxx in his 50's. The rest of the 6 are in that age range too.
    Molina is 68 and Dafoe is 66. Foxx is 53.