Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
Yeah, trying to base too much in realism has been the bane of comic book movies for a while (at least for me) as trying to explain every single minor thing starts to make things less plausible. Even that stitched together Catwoman outfit in Batman Returns probably cost quite the pretty penny to make in real life. Especially since that suit DEFINITELY wouldn't be functional in real life.

Are they though? The Raimi trilogy just changed those to organic powers and not too many people batted an eyelash...if anything the same general public who feel that Peter idolizing Tony Stark make sense also thought that the natural abilities of a spider (webs) being transferred to a human make sense (to the point it even went to comics for a bit) If anything I'd say that a lot of Peter's gear (developing suit, developing mechanical webshooters, etc.) isn't as essential to him as things like his powers that stick through every medium like sticking to walls and the like.
Maby I should've clarified.

IF you're going with mechanical web-shooters, then Peter should make it on his own.

Otherwise, I've never been bothered by organic webs. It's the most recognizable ability spiders have.