Page 30 of 136 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    i did like their interactions in infinity war. Then again strange interactions with anyone was good in that movie
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I hope that any trailer avoids the "leaked" information/context. Just tell the traditional tease without spoiling everything especially the clmax.

I think it's because there is a lot of buzz surrounding this movie and they don't want the hype for NWH to take attention away from their other projects. COVID exacerbates the situation. NWH comes out in December and they still have to release Shang Chi, Eternals, Ms Marvel and Hawkeye. I think the NWH trailer will be released after either Shang Chi or Eternals are released. That way they can market it as the 'Young Avengers' with Ms Marvel, Hawkeye and then Spider-Man.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think it's because there is a lot of buzz surrounding this movie and they don't want the hype for NWH to take attention away from their other projects. COVID exacerbates the situation. NWH comes out in December and they still have to release Shang Chi, Eternals, Ms Marvel and Hawkeye. I think the NWH trailer will be released after either Shang Chi or Eternals are released. That way they can market it as the 'Young Avengers' with Ms Marvel, Hawkeye and then Spider-Man.
    It's about COVID imo.
    They might delay it and something like Black Widow or eternals that flys but Spider-man and specially NWH is way too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i did like their interactions in infinity war. Then again strange interactions with anyone was good in that movie
    Admittedly Spider-Man and Dr. Strange is a time-honored team-up.

I think I've said this before but I didn't warm up to MCU Dr Strange until IW/EG.

Quick question - is Alfred Molina returning to play Doc Ock in this movie? I recall reading an interview with him, where he confirmed his return.

I'm asking, because yesterday I've read rumours about William Dafoe not commenting on Green Goblin returning to movies. It sounds like other Spidey movies might really be alternate universes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Quick question - is Alfred Molina returning to play Doc Ock in this movie? I recall reading an interview with him, where he confirmed his return.

I'm asking, because yesterday I've read rumours about William Dafoe not commenting on Green Goblin returning to movies. It sounds like other Spidey movies might really be alternate universes.
    Yes, it's officially confirmed.
    The rumor is that it's Spider-Verse adaption, where MCU Peter will team-up with Webb and Raimi Spider-Men against Sinister Six, which members also will be from those movies, like Dafoe's Green Goblin and Fox's Electro.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Yes, it's officially confirmed.
    The rumor is that it's Spider-Verse adaption, where MCU Peter will team-up with Webb and Raimi Spider-Men against Sinister Six, which members also will be from those movies, like Dafoe's Green Goblin and Fox's Electro.
    Thanks for answering my question.
    It sounds too good to be true, but I hope this is the case

The lack of a trailer or confirmation about what the movie's about at this stage is very weird.

Months ago, I figured it couldn't be a multiverse team-up because I figured they would've confirmed casting a lot earlier (IE- The Flash is coming out next year and has confirmed Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton) but with four months and two days ago, Sony and Marvel are still secretive about No Way Home.

I wonder what time makes sense to finally release the trailer.

Marvel was secretive about Endgame but that had the benefit of being a direct continuation to one of the biggest movies ever. And the trailer still came in December 2018, more than four months before the release.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The lack of a trailer or confirmation about what the movie's about at this stage is very weird.

Months ago, I figured it couldn't be a multiverse team-up because I figured they would've confirmed casting a lot earlier (IE- The Flash is coming out next year and has confirmed Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton) but with four months and two days ago, Sony and Marvel are still secretive about No Way Home.

I wonder what time makes sense to finally release the trailer.

Marvel was secretive about Endgame but that had the benefit of being a direct continuation to one of the biggest movies ever. And the trailer still came in December 2018, more than four months before the release.
    It's being delayed.They won't risk such a big movie(Spider-man and specially with all the multiversal talk) with COVID delta variant.They will test waters with Shang Chi and depending on how that goes they will decide to make the delay official.They don't want to have a delay like Black Widow w/ marketing.Once marketing starts they won't delay

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It's being delayed.They won't risk such a big movie(Spider-man and specially with all the multiversal talk) with COVID delta variant.They will test waters with Shang Chi and depending on how that goes they will decide to make the delay official.They don't want to have a delay like Black Widow w/ marketing.Once marketing starts they won't delay
    It's a Sony film so it's ultimately not up to Disney when it's gets released. I think Sony will see how Venom 2 will perform and if that's even remotely successful they might release the film. I do wonder if they hold off not showing a trailer as well cause of venom 2 being the priority right now. Honestly they mess themselves up by letting rumors run rampant. They should have release the trailer ages ago. I don't even know what would be considered a success now in terms of box office. Covid ain't going away anytime soon as I am constantly reminded by the amount of patients I take care of.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Mighty Member

Yes I was told June or July now its august 15 and no trailer

BANNED

With MCU this year they basically have three smaller-tier releases like Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals with Spider-Man the only big banner movie they have. So everyone wants to make sure that as few things go wrong with Spider-Man. Especially Sony.

Venom is going on first to test the waters and for Sony as long as Venom hits theatres they get an extension on keeping the rights anyway which is what really counts.

Anyway should be interesting seeing how this rolls out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    It's a Sony film so it's ultimately not up to Disney when it's gets released. I think Sony will see how Venom 2 will perform and if that's even remotely successful they might release the film. I do wonder if they hold off not showing a trailer as well cause of venom 2 being the priority right now. Honestly they mess themselves up by letting rumors run rampant. They should have release the trailer ages ago. I don't even know what would be considered a success now in terms of box office. Covid ain't going away anytime soon as I am constantly reminded by the amount of patients I take care of.
    Yeah but seeing how Shang Chi performs will help them in their decision along with venom 2.
    I disagree, if they will delay then don't release the trailer.
    Yeah, but the delta variant means it may spike up.Again they will test waters, Spider-man and specially NWH is way too big to play with.