Page 57 of 136 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Venom 2 was alright. Not anything great but I had fun watching it. I think it's at least more fun than the first one.

Woody Harrelson gives a great and captivating performance as Carnage. Easily the best part of the movie. Unfortunately he seems a lot more sane and collected once he becomes Carnage and gets out of prison. It didn't feel like the same character whom the film sold as an unhinged killing machine.

It's also dissapointing from an adaptation-perspective. If you're going to do a villain as one-dimensional as Carnage, at least show him going on a carnage (duh). That's kinda his main/only appeal. Let us see more of that. But I'm not the biggest fan of Carnage in the first place, so I wasn't too upset about that.

Tom Hardy is fun and likeable as Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I only saw the clip on YouTube but it seems like

spoilers:
    the Symbiote suit (based on its response to Holland) wants to trade Eddie in for a younger model.
    end of spoilers

Apparently it seems that Venom 2 is on track to be a big earner. So somewhere some Sony Executive is making Adrian Veidt "I did it" victory poses.
    spoilers:
    The symbiote seems to sense something in Spider-Man and might even know who he is. Just before he gets transported to the MCU, it tells Eddie that symbiotes have knowledge "across universes" like a "hive mind". So it might know that Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man took out a version of Venom somewhere in the multiverse.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-02-2021 at 01:28 PM.

Well...
    spoilers:
    I'm a little dissapointed because Venom from the start screamed to me TASM with its tone. I'd rather Venom was paired with Andrew's Spider-Man so Sony can have it's own universe which would still be canon to MCU because of the multiverse thing. Tom's Spider-Man doesn't feel right to me (to be merged with Venom). And it would be easier to tie it to the TASM series.
    But whatever my tastes, I wish them luck and I hope it's going to be mind blowing.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Venom 2 was alright. Not anything great but I had fun watching it. I think it's at least more fun than the first one.

Woody Harrelson gives a great and captivating performance as Carnage. Easily the best part of the movie. Unfortunately he seems a lot more sane and collected once he becomes Carnage and gets out of prison. It didn't feel like the same character whom the film sold as an unhinged killing machine.

It's also dissapointing from an adaptation-perspective. If you're going to do a villain as one-dimensional as Carnage, at least show him going on a carnage (duh). That's kinda his main/only appeal. Let us see more of that. But I'm not the biggest fan of Carnage in the first place, so I wasn't too upset about that.

Tom Hardy is fun and likeable as Venom.

spoilers:
    The symbiote seems to sense something in Spider-Man and might even know who he is. Just before he gets transported to the MCU, it tells Eddie that symbiotes have knowledge "across universes" like a "hive mind". So it might know that Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man took out a version of Venom somewhere in the multiverse.
    end of spoilers
    That's just what we need from Venom, lore.

I actually enjoyed watching the first movie with my cousin and friends, we couldn't stop laughing because the movie was deliberately cringe, the performances leaned really into that, and it's a movie best seen in a party situation. So I'm gonna have a similar viewer experience to that for the sequel.

I think the Sony Execs decided that Venom worked best as a B-Movie loser genre movie and leaned into that rather than taking the character seriously. So that's why they have a nerfed Carnage (Woody Harrelson being a compelling serial killer isn't surprising since he played a lot of those characters since Natural Born Killers) and a PG-13 rating and embraced wild comedy. There's no way something like this can accommodate for instance Donny Cates' run which struck me a bit too ridiculous in making Venom work as a legit superhero. Venom as Spider-Man's very own Deadpool works better.

Astonishing Member

Haha, that's exactly what it is. And Tom Hardy fits that B-movie loser genre and the wild comedy they're going for perfectly. It sounds like an easy sell that any actor can do and come off likeable but not really, so props to him for that.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-03-2021 at 07:27 AM.

I won't lie—I loathe the Disney Spider-Man films. But if spoilers:
    Tobey Macguire's Spider-Man shows up
    end of spoilers, I'll give it a watch just for that.

So, probably another leak...
    spoilers:
    Tobey is saiynig "On my world Octavius died", "You both have webshooters". There is music in the background, so it probably is taken from the postproduction. Or might be really clever fake, but I don't remember Tobey saiying "webshooters". link
    end of spoilers

Just keep Tobey!Peter alive at the end and I'm good, really. I re-watched the first and third films from the original trilogy and I'm all nostalgic.

BANNED

Surprised this hasn't come up so far:
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-no-wa...-of-franchise/

Spider-Man: No Way Home star Tom Holland says the third Marvel Studios/Sony Pictures Spidey film is more than just the end of his trilogy.

"We were all treating [No Way Home] as the end of a franchise, let's say," Holland told EW. "I think if we were lucky enough to dive into these characters again, you'd be seeing a very different version. It would no longer be the Homecoming trilogy. We would give it some time and try to build something different and tonally change the films. Whether that happens or not, I don't know. But we were definitely treating [No Way Home] like it was coming to an end, and it felt like it."
    Interesting sound-bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Surprised this hasn't come up so far:
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-no-wa...-of-franchise/

Interesting sound-bite.
    Probably a lot of different ways to take it that depend a lot on Sony/Marvel.

Astonishing Member

"We would give it some time" sounds a lot like what Feige is doing with the X-Men and the FF right now. Hmm...

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Hmm, 8 Spider-Men on that poster

Maybe it's just a creative choice but note how there's only one Sandman arm, one pumpkin bomb, and three Ock limbs (which can belong only to one Ock).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    God, that costume's ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    God, that costume's ugly.
    Even from the back it looks kind of busy and the gold seems a tad ostentatious.

I know they do it for merchandise reasons but Spider-Man shouldn't be exchanging suits movie-to-movie.