Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
People forget Tobey quipped because he couldn't nail the delivery like Garfield did and wasn't a motormouth. Holland's Peter doesn't really quip when he's overwhelmed, he either babbles or just doesn't talk. It's only when he's overconfident that he quips and that very rarely actually happens in the movies because he's constantly overwhelmed or dealing with stuff that makes him get serious.

He's never really quipped like, say, Ultimate Peter does.
I can't recall any memorable quipping from Tobey. His best scenes were always the more emotional dramatic ones like when he confessed to Aunt May about the burglar or his pep talk to Octavius. His quips felt like he was reading lines off a scrip rather than something natural.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on how funny Tom Holland's Spider-Man is. Though I have to say, of all the criticisms I've heard about Tom's Spidey, him not being a quipper is the most bizarre one and one that I haven't seen anywhere else so far.

Homecoming had a lot of problems with not putting weight behind the consequences to Peter as Spider-Man. Like, he basically screws with Liz the entire movie and didn't really seem to feel that bad about it.

I would've rather they used Kong or Randy because at least they're Peter characters, not like Ganke.

Remy Hii would've been a more convincing Flash than what we got.
I wasn't a fan of the 'you don't deserve this' line to her at the dance party. *We* know what he meant but for anyone else hearing it, it could have been taken a whole another way. If it was something like 'I can't do this' then it would have been better and her scene with Peter at the end of the movie would have made more sense.

What's funny is Remy Hii is 35 years old and can still easily pass for a teenager.

A lot of changes in the MCU Spider-Man movies feel like changes for changes sake.