Page 27 of 136 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

If this were like the comics and we could spend much more time with one costume than we get in the movies, I would probably have less of an issue because it would feel better paced out and not like a new costume every chance they get.

It's like everyone's taking fashion advice from Janet Van Dyne .

BANNED

Ultimately new costumes exist to sell toys. Simple as that. You can't promote new toyline based on the New Spider-Man movie if his costume is the same as the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    That just proves my exact point
    What point are you proving?

Have I made it a secret or denied that I’m not the biggest fan of the MCU iteration of the character?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    What point are you proving?

Have I made it a secret or denied that I’m not the biggest fan of the MCU iteration of the character?
    The point being when the same people who clearly never liked the version of the character to begin with are the only ones showing negativity, that's not in anyway indicative of people getting tired of him.
    It's the just the same people saying the same things

Ultimate Member

The point being when the same people who clearly never liked the version of the character to begin with are the only ones showing negativity, that's not in anyway indicative of people getting tired of him.
    Yeah, I don't see any evidence of anyone changing their minds. People who like it continue to do so as do those who don't

Astonishing Member

I thought Homecoming was the best Spider-Man film at the time it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    It was fun at first, but now it's getting frustrating. I think the ball is starting to drop with these movies, I don't know if they are going to be the big powerhouse they were 5 years ago.
    All I know is, I'm getting very bored of them and No Way Home is no exception. I was actually nostalgic watching Venom when there was a time these films were interestingly bad.
    I think so too. So far this version has been reactive and, in hindsight especially, has mostly gotten by on novelty. First it was the novelty of Spider-Man being in the MCU and his first two films being follow-ups to big event films, and now the novelty of Spider-Verse which is "hot" right now. It's not a game they can play forever, though.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 07-02-2021 at 09:52 AM.

I feel like we really just needed the Homecoming suit, or even just the FFH suit because it's something Peter actually made (with Stark resources, but whatever).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like we really just needed the Homecoming suit, or even just the FFH suit because it's something Peter actually made (with Stark resources, but whatever).
    We don't know what exactly the next suit will be made by though, do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    We don't know what exactly the next suit will be made by though, do we?
    That's not really my issue with it. Either it's going to replace the FFH suit midway or will be yet another new costume that just shows up at the climax.

Mighty Member

That's not really my issue with it. Either it's going to replace the FFH suit midway or will be yet another new costume that just shows up at the climax.
    I wonder if doc strange will give Peter a new power in the comics as well

Ultimate Member

Um, ok, well, I don't really care much for the new suit design myself. I probably wouldn't be too bothered if this happened but I prefer the more traditional red & blue

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if doc strange will give Peter a new power in the comics as well
    The comics are already in an inconsistent up and down state at the moment. Let’s not give them any ideas please.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

So based on the toylines they're hiding both the previous Spider-Men and the spoilers:
    Sinister Six (which makes sense, since they're comprised of those Spideys villains)
    end of spoilers. Wonder if they'll do an Endgame type thing where they show almost no footage of anything past the first act.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

IDC about the new suits as long as Peter makes them himself. Although the red and gold one looks terrible.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    IDC about the new suits as long as Peter makes them himself. Although the red and gold one looks terrible.
    I mean, he probably will...with Stark Resources. Or maybe Strange Resources.