Page 40 of 136 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

i remembered my password

movie looks like ass, nostalgia is a cancer
    gonna go for tobie molina and dafoe tho
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I imagine it will be Rhino and we just haven't seen him yet. That way there are three villains from each previous franchise.
    Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Oh god, I hope not. The Webb version of Rhino was the worst villain from all the franchises (well, maybe second worst after Topher Grace’s Venom). It should be an MCU Spidey villain like Vulture or maybe the Scorpion as he was hinted at in the first film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I don’t know if Rhino is really worth bringing back though. He was in ASM2 for what… 20 seconds?
    Think about it, though, the only confirmed returning or rumored returning villain actors are Foxx, Molina, and Dafoe.

The difference is probably that Lizard, Sandman, and Rhino can just be CGI and they don't need to get anybody back.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Think about it, though, the only confirmed returning or rumored returning villain actors are Foxx, Molina, and Dafoe.

The difference is probably that Lizard, Sandman, and Rhino can just be CGI and they don't need to get anybody back.
    I’m not saying your wrong, it’s just that… ASM 2 Rhino wouldn’t even be worth the effort of doing that. You’d have to rebuild him from the ground up to make him worth including and at that point why bother at all? Hell, might as well just use DP2’s Juggernaut instead.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    We’ve only seen the first teaser trailer; it seems a bit premature to declare what the film is and isn’t based on selectively edited footage IMO.
    Lowering or tempering expectations is a good coping mechanism.

I've not liked the way the earlier two MCU movies have handled Spider-Man but at the very least it didn't have too much at stake. This movie though is taking upon itself with writing or rewriting the legacy of the earlier Spider-Man movies, and potentially undermining/overwriting them for a big audience. That's a big risk, in terms of a franchise deciding against "staying in one's lane".

Rightly or wrongly, this pits Tom Holland's Spider-Man directly against Tobey's and Garfield's Spider-Man. And when you take that risk you have to accept consequences for potentially not sticking the landing.

Happy Birthday by JMS (AMS 498 - 500)

Peter interrupts Dr. Strange’s spell, plunging them both into the space-time continuum (in the film, it’s the multiverse). Peter faces villains from the past/future (in the film, he’s facing villains from multiverse Peters’ pasts/possible futures?). Strange acts as his guide/mentor in both the comics and the film.

I liked Happy Birthday, so I’m intrigued to see just how much it might influence the film.
    Good catch.

Also 2022 is the 20th Year anniversary of SM-1, and this is coming out december.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m not saying your wrong, it’s just that… ASM 2 Rhino wouldn’t even be worth the effort of doing that. You’d have to rebuild him from the ground up to make him worth including and at that point why bother at all? Hell, might as well just use DP2’s Juggernaut instead.
    It seems like they updated Lizard's design so they probably upgrade Rhino too. He might look more like Ultimate Rhino.

Ultimate Member

The scene on the roof at the beginning felt like a classic Peter/MJ moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    i remembered my password

movie looks like ass, nostalgia is a cancer
    gonna go for tobie molina and dafoe tho
    So basically movies can't use previous versions for any reason besides nostalgia?
    We’ve only seen the first teaser trailer; it seems a bit premature to declare what the film is and isn’t based on selectively edited footage IMO.
    I said it once I'll say it again, when it's same people who have the same things about the last two films, it should be clear it doesn't actually matter what this movie does or not
    Because they're already gonna be against it
    Last edited by Metro; 08-24-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So will Tobey Spider-man and Kirsten Mary Jane have a daughter named May or Annie?
    At first, I thought that Tobey-SM and Kirsten-MJ would be older and have a daughter but it seems that in the Raimiverse it left where it starts and not set years later in their lives.

Astonishing Member

2) Happy Birthday by JMS (AMS 498 - 500)

Peter interrupts Dr. Strange’s spell, plunging them both into the space-time continuum (in the film, it’s the multiverse). Peter faces villains from the past/future (in the film, he’s facing villains from multiverse Peters’ pasts/possible futures?). Strange acts as his guide/mentor in both the comics and the film.

I liked Happy Birthday, so I’m intrigued to see just how much it might influence the film.
    I thought about this too. If by some odd chance Tobey and Andrew aren't in this, the only way that can happen and still have the multiverse there is if Tom's Peter travels through past film events with only his consciousness in their bodies, like in ASM # 500.

But as of now, I'm still betting that Tobey and Andrew will appear.

BANNED

I thought about this too. If by some odd chance Tobey and Andrew aren't in this, the only way that can happen and still have the multiverse there is if Tom's Peter travels through past film events with only his consciousness in their bodies.

At this point, I think it's more likely they appear than they don't.

I mean I don't necessarily have a desire that they should turn up or so on, but I think it's more likely they appear than they don't.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    At this point, I think it's more likely they appear than they don't.

I mean I don't necessarily have a desire that they should turn up or so on, but I think it's more likely they appear than they don't.
    I think so too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    At first, I thought that Tobey-SM and Kirsten-MJ would be older and have a daughter but it seems that in the Raimiverse it left where it starts and not set years later in their lives.
    Well Molina's Ock clearly looks old and different.

Whether it's makeup or CGI de-aging, he doesn't look like the Molina of SM-2.

I'd like a RYV version affixed to Tobey but I'm not holding out hope for that. But I don't see how they appear in the movies as the younger versions of themselves without serious CGI and make-up, which wouldn't work completely either.

Astonishing Member

I thought about this too. If by some odd chance Tobey and Andrew aren't in this, the only way that can happen and still have the multiverse there is if Tom's Peter travels through past film events with only his consciousness in their bodies, like in ASM # 500.

I wasn’t implying they wouldn’t appear. Just that the film is pulling elements from Happy Birthday - namely, Peter interrupting Strange’s spell and sending them both out of their own time/universe, with Holland’s Peter dropping in on past/future battles across the multiverse. But the trailer could be setting up some sort of travel on the astral plane, as we see Strange separate Peter’s astral form from Spider-Man’s corporal body…

I thought Molina appeared CGI de-aged in the trailer. He certainly looked younger than he does in real life.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 08-24-2021 at 12:01 PM.

BANNED

I wasn’t implying they wouldn’t appear. Just that the film is pulling elements from Happy Birthday - namely, Peter interrupting Strange’s spell and sending them both out of their own time/universe, with Holland’s Peter dropping in on past/future battles across the multiverse.

I thought Molina appeared CGI de-aged in the trailer. He certainly looked younger than he does in real life.
    Molina did say months back he would be de-aged in the movie:
    https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-no-wa...-cgi-de-aging/

But whether the effects are fully done or not, he doesn't look very good in the final money-shot. It's a very waxy looking version of SM-2!Otto

Why is Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum covered in snow?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.