Page 62 of 113 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 1681
  1. #916
    Spectacular Member primenumber101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    185

    Default

    New Still Image for the Alfred Molina's Doc Ock.

    1635392857.jpg
    Last edited by primenumber101; 10-27-2021 at 10:48 PM.

  2. #917
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    New Still Image for the Alfred Molina's Doc Ock.

    1635392857.jpg
    God that hair is wretched.

    I don’t buy at all this is the Ock from the second film. The hair there wasn’t this goofy nor does the makeup look this bad.

  3. #918
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    I read the Empire article this morning. No surprise but still no confirmation of Maguire and Garfield. Kevin Feige does talk about rumors though, saying that some are true and some aren't. Even then, he's only talking about rumors in general.

    I still think that Sony and Disney would have done some damage control by now and confirm that they're not in the movie, if that's indeed the case (which I don't think it is).

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I don’t buy at all this is the Ock from the second film. The hair there wasn’t this goofy nor does the makeup look this bad.
    The Green Goblin will apparently have purple, so I don't think they're the same version either. I think they'll be variants of the Raimi and Webb versions. As in "everything from those movies still happened but with a few minor changes likes costumes." Like how Bruce Timm brought BTAS back as TNBA which had different character designs and took place a few years later but everything from BTAS still happened.

  4. #919
    Astonishing Member The Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I can't even pretend not to be excited for this. This is the most I've anticipated a superhero movie since Endgame. Holland, McGuire, Garfield Spider-Men vs. original movie versions of Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Lizard, and Sandman (and I think there will be one more). Bruh this is just too good
    Also if the rumors that Matt Murdock has a cameo is true, that'll be even more hype
    DC, hurry up and make your own version of Marvel Unlimited!

  5. #920
    Astonishing Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Also if the rumors that Matt Murdock has a cameo is true, that'll be even more hype
    yeah netflix daredevil was such a good series
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  6. #921
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    The Green Goblin will apparently have purple, so I don't think they're the same version either. I think they'll be variants of the Raimi and Webb versions. As in "everything from those movies still happened but with a few minor changes likes costumes." Like how Bruce Timm brought BTAS back as TNBA which had different character designs and took place a few years later but everything from BTAS still happened.
    They probably won't explain why they're all alive/villains again either.

  7. #922
    Astonishing Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,503

    Default

    wonder if they will redo lizard cgi to make him more beast like?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  8. #923
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    The Green Goblin will apparently have purple, so I don't think they're the same version either.
    I wonder if they'll have Norman with the Joseph Cotten-hairstyle too, lol!

    I think they'll be variants of the Raimi and Webb versions. As in "everything from those movies still happened but with a few minor changes likes costumes." Like how Bruce Timm brought BTAS back as TNBA which had different character designs and took place a few years later but everything from BTAS still happened.
    What I meant was that story-wise they might be the same characters and sequels of the Raimi movies but visually the make-up looks bad in maintaining consistency and looks. Obviously Early-2000s Molina won't look the same as Early 2020s Molina but even aside from that the makeup and CGI de-aging just looks very bad from all the images and stills seen so far. The hairstyle is an eyesore.

    Partly I think it's the issue of lighting...Raimi's films generallly had an orange summer glow whereas this has the typical MCU look : airport lounge gray. They used a lot of earth color tones for all the scenes with Ock in Spider-Man 2, so generally when you pluck that version in a new visual style it's not gonna look as good.

    The Timm cartoons are an interesting comparison, mostly because animation is different but even then Timm is updating the entire aesthetic and there are story reasons (i.e. Gotham is gentrifying between BTAS and TNBA with Joker and other criminals being forced out or moving into new fronts, and Batman/Bruce is becoming colder and harsher so he has a face that's more frowning and unpleasant compared to the Bruce of BTAS). Whereas here it's picked up by a squad of hacks who convert their third film into a franchise antique show simply because their main star quite obviously cannot be relied on to carry a movie of his own, and they end up f--king it up.

  9. #924
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They probably won't explain why they're all alive/villains again either.
    I think so too. I do think that Tobey and Andrew will feel like the same versions even if they're variants. In terms of character development they would have already gone through everything they did in their movies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The Timm cartoons are an interesting comparison, mostly because animation is different but even then Timm is updating the entire aesthetic and there are story reasons (i.e. Gotham is gentrifying between BTAS and TNBA with Joker and other criminals being forced out or moving into new fronts, and Batman/Bruce is becoming colder and harsher so he has a face that's more frowning and unpleasant compared to the Bruce of BTAS). Whereas here it's picked up by a squad of hacks who convert their third film into a franchise antique show simply because their main star quite obviously cannot be relied on to carry a movie of his own, and they end up f--king it up.
    A bit too pessimistic about this, don't you think? For all of Homecoming and Far From Home's flaws, they're well done films on a technical level. There are no plot holes, character inconsistencies, pacing issues, etc. The problem with those films was never execution but concept. The concept (Iron Boy Jr, etc.) is just piss poor, and it's not enough to save those films no matter how well-executed they are or how much chemistry Holland and Downey have.

    Since the problem was always the concept and not execution, I see no reason for us to jump the gun and assume they're going to execute the Spider-Verse concept poorly. Not saying it isn't possible for them to screw it up, just that I don't find it likely given it's the same team. If it was just Sony working on this, then yeah.

    I mean, let's be real, the pitch for this film is arguably the least "corporate" thing this reboot has done with Spider-Man. Holland crossing over and meeting Maguire and Garfield has some logic behind it, whereas the buddy-relationship with Tony had no logic behind it and was just a case of studio politics completely overriding what made the most story-sense. Even the setup already feels more natural and less corporate-driven. To this day, I still don't buy Tony deducing Peter's identity and randomly taking him to Berlin, you know, the catalysm for their entire relationship. I do buy Peter going to Strange to get his identity back, and I buy the multiverse opening due to everything else happening in the MCU right now. Loki even lowkey prepped us for the idea that a variant from a different universe can be played by a different actor. See what I mean? This is already feeling more natural.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-28-2021 at 08:59 AM.

  10. #925
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    wonder if they will redo lizard cgi to make him more beast like?
    Apparently he'll have the pants/jacket look from the comics.

  11. #926
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    9,360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    A bit too pessimistic about this, don't you think?
    Let my bitterness flow out on the post above. Sorry for that.

    For all of Homecoming and Far From Home's flaws, they're well done films on a technical level. There are no plot holes, character inconsistencies, pacing issues, etc. The problem with those films was never execution but concept. The concept (Iron Boy Jr, etc.) is just piss poor, and it's not enough to save those films no matter how well-executed they are or how much chemistry Holland and Downey have.
    I am not sure they have "chemistry" even as a father-son bond, it's not like they're Alec Guinness-Mark Hamill or Old Bruce and Terry Mcginnis (which seems to be the influence on that). The concept and writing is bad, but the casting is also a major problem. When you cast an actor to supplicate behind the franchise lead you end up being left with a guy who can't carry his movie. And Tom Holland can't carry a movie, just compare the movies he's been in to the ones that say, Timothee Chalamet (same age as Holland) has been in. Chalamet can carry a movie and he gives an excellent performance as the lead in DUNE.

    I mean, let's be real, the pitch for this film is arguably the least "corporate" thing this reboot has done with Spider-Man.
    It's essentially super-corporate. Nostalgia plus hype, and capitalizing on the legacy of the previous Spider-Man movies by bringing them in a grand reunion concert tour. That's basically the logic of bringing back the OT cast in the Disney SW sequels. It also follows on from the success of ITSV by bringing in something promised in the run-up to the movie (i.e. having Maguire, Garfield, Holland in the same movie) and rather than do that in animation they are doing it in live-action.

    And it's a cheap way to kind of legitimate Tom Holland by essentially having his third film be a metaphorical baton pass from his predecessors rather than have him earn stuff on his own.

  12. #927
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    Maybe "corporate" wasn't the right word since Sony and Disney aren't any less hands-on, but I do think it has the least manufactured premise, if that makes sense.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-28-2021 at 09:40 AM.

  13. #928
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,640

    Default

    I have tons of problems with the portrayal of Hollands' Spider-Man but I've never been convinced the fault was with his acting or perceived inability to carry the franchise on his shoulders, he's just forced to play the character the way they want it played.

    I expect this film will go more in-depth with the other Spider-Man than they would've been in the next Spider-Verse film (if they were in it).

  14. #929
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,099

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have tons of problems with the portrayal of Hollands' Spider-Man but I've never been convinced the fault was with his acting or perceived inability to carry the franchise on his shoulders, he's just forced to play the character the way they want it played.
    It does seem like Holland can't carry a film by himself. We keep casting him in roles where he is playing off someone like a character actor. Uncharted is no exception.

    I expect this film will go more in-depth with the other Spider-Man than they would've been in the next Spider-Verse film (if they were in it).
    Same. Also I think Maguire and Garfield deserve it. Neither actor got to leave the character on a high note (Garfield especially).
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-28-2021 at 09:53 AM.

  15. #930
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    75,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    It does seem like Holland can't carry a film by himself. We keep casting him in roles where he is playing off someone like a character actor. Uncharted is no exception.
    Well, admittedly I have a harder time buying him as Nathan Drake than I do Spider-Man .

    Although I think that's also just cinema where you put young up-and-comers with established names.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •