Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Venom 2 was alright. Not anything great but I had fun watching it. I think it's at least more fun than the first one.

Woody Harrelson gives a great and captivating performance as Carnage. Easily the best part of the movie. Unfortunately he seems a lot more sane and collected once he becomes Carnage and gets out of prison. It didn't feel like the same character whom the film sold as an unhinged killing machine.

It's also dissapointing from an adaptation-perspective. If you're going to do a villain as one-dimensional as Carnage, at least show him going on a carnage (duh). That's kinda his main/only appeal. Let us see more of that. But I'm not the biggest fan of Carnage in the first place, so I wasn't too upset about that.

Tom Hardy is fun and likeable as Venom.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I only saw the clip on YouTube but it seems like

spoilers:
    the Symbiote suit (based on its response to Holland) wants to trade Eddie in for a younger model.
    end of spoilers

Apparently it seems that Venom 2 is on track to be a big earner. So somewhere some Sony Executive is making Adrian Veidt "I did it" victory poses.
    spoilers:
    The symbiote seems to sense something in Spider-Man and might even know who he is. Just before he gets transported to the MCU, it tells Eddie that symbiotes have knowledge "across universes" like a "hive mind". So it might know that Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man took out a version of Venom somewhere in the multiverse.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-02-2021 at 01:28 PM.