Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Seems like they might not have repaired the whole in the roof from where Hulk fell through in Infinity War?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Seems like they might not have repaired the whole in the roof from where Hulk fell through in Infinity War?
    Did Wong get snapped? Because if he was around then he could have fixed it or other Kamar-Taj folks who might have reclaimed the Sanctorum.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    So basically movies can't use previous versions for any reason besides nostalgia?

I said it once I'll say it again, when it's same people who have the same things about the last two films, it should be clear it doesn't actually matter what this movie does or not
    Because they're already gonna be against it
    is the implication that a film series about a teenager going on field trips with comedy shenanigans and supervillains has a legitimate, story-driven reason for bringing back actors from popular old movies
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Lizard cameo was pretty cool tbh. Wasn't expecting it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    is the implication that a film series about a teenager going on field trips with comedy shenanigans and supervillains has a legitimate, story-driven reason for bringing back actors from popular old movies
    This movie series isn't about any of those things, in addition it's a film that's a part of a franchise about to tackle parallel universes, and alternative selves so yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Did Wong get snapped? Because if he was around then he could have fixed it or other Kamar-Taj folks who might have reclaimed the Sanctorum.
    To be honest I don't think they ever explained if he was or not before he showed up with all the other sorcerers to back Dr. Strange up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - I guess Peter brings the Iron Spider suit out because he needs to be bulletproof. Can he just stick to one costume for once? And not be bulletproof? Or like transforming into a costume in one second? It just really takes me out of it.
    Yeah, since when is Spider-Man a henshin hero, outside of that one 1970s toku show?

DC is guilty of the same thing though, the CW Flash now morphs into his cowl instead of manually putting it on.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, since when is Spider-Man a henshin hero, outside of that one 1970s toku show?

DC is guilty of the same thing though, the CW Flash now morphs into his cowl instead of manually putting it on.
    It's going to be weird when Reed Richards announces his invention of "unstable molecules" after every hero doing the nano-haze thing from Iron Man to Black Panther to Spider-Man to practically the entire Time Heist crew.

In the comics the FF were the ones who patented that kind of tech, later the Symbiote gave Spider-Man that kind of morphic instant clothes-change ability. How are you going to build the special and unique qualities of the latter when you foreground that before?

that is something jon watts will have to figure out. then again im sure reed invented way more important stuff
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    that is something jon watts will have to figure out.
    He's not a screenwriter and has no writing credit, so it's not up to him anyway.

let's see Peter invent some gadgets to help himself out this time.

I hope that the trial gets to play out until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

That's at least for practical reasons because of the chin strap making it impossible to take the mask off physically.
    He's not a screenwriter and has no writing credit, so it's not up to him anyway.
    Aren't all directors more or less involved at the scripting stage, though? Feels like they are.

Astonishing Member

It's going to be weird when Reed Richards announces his invention of "unstable molecules" after every hero doing the nano-haze thing from Iron Man to Black Panther to Spider-Man to practically the entire Time Heist crew.

In the comics the FF were the ones who patented that kind of tech, later the Symbiote gave Spider-Man that kind of morphic instant clothes-change ability. How are you going to build the special and unique qualities of the latter when you foreground that before?
    The unstable molecules are technically more advanced than the nanotech in the MCU since they allow mutates to use their powers as if they were naked. Tony or T'Challa's nanotech can't really do that, unless the powers of the wearer make it a non-issue (i.e. Superhuman strength).

I’d prefer them just reusing the actors a la JJJ to the multiverse shenanigans, but, whatever, I can’t actually deny that my lizard brain nostalgia for Raimi films isn’t stimulated by this.

Far From Home is probably going to remain the superior MCU spidey film.

Astonishing Member

It's the first MCU project I've actually been excited for in a long while!

As someone who was introduced to Spider-Man (and honestly, to Marvel in general) through Raimi's films, I don't deny that the nostalgia factor of Dafoe's Green Goblin and Molina's Doc Ock will be a huge plus-point for me, irrespective of how the rest of the film turns out. Less excited about Foxx's Electro, but I loved the Andrew Garfield/Marc Webb 'duology' (well, the first one anyway) and I think it often gets left out of conversations about the Spider-Man franchise, so I'm glad to see it getting its due here.

I'm excited about the fact that this seems to be, first and foremost, a Spider-Man story. Homecoming was about Peter as Tony Stark's apprentice, and Far From Home was about Peter as Tony Stark's potential successor. Even Vulture and Mysterio, classic Spidey villains, were repurposed into basically being Iron Man villains who Spider-Man ends up dealing with due to his connection to Iron Man. Now, I've enjoyed these movies for what they are, which is basically Spider-Man's extended introduction to the MCU, and I treat Holland's Iron Man-oriented take on Peter as its own thing with its own merits - but I'm really glad we're finally getting a story which is a deep-dive into the Spider-Man mythos, and a love-letter to the Spider-Man film franchise as a whole. Sure, we have Dr. Strange, but it seems like he's more of a plot-device to facilitate the Multiverse story, rather than the focus of the story the way Tony Stark was (before and after his death).

I am intrigued about the mechanics of this Multiversal ride though. Do they literally travel to the Raimi-verse (and Webb-verse)? Do they pull versions of those characters into the MCU? Does the MCU get altered to include versions of these characters?

I'm a bit iffy about Alfred Molina playing the same Otto Octavius as in Spider-Man 2. Its not about him being dead...we can easily imagine the Multiversal energies reviving him and pulling him into another world after he fell into the Hudson at the end of that movie. My problem is that it undermines Otto's redemption arc at the end of that movie, where he sacrifices himself to save NYC after regaining control over the arms. Now, if its some kind of 'variant' of Otto Octavius who isn't literally meant to be the guy from the end of Spider-Man 2...I'm a lot more comfortable with that.

The same applies I guess to Dafoe's Goblin, but it's less of an issue with me there. That Osborn died as a villain, and if he comes back to life, he's likely to seek revenge against Peter Parker, no matter which version!

Anyway, on the whole, really looking forward to seeing where this goes! Hopefully, this is the 20th anniversary celebration Spider-Man on film deserves!