Page 110 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People forget Tobey quipped because he couldn't nail the delivery like Garfield did and wasn't a motormouth. Holland's Peter doesn't really quip when he's overwhelmed, he either babbles or just doesn't talk. It's only when he's overconfident that he quips and that very rarely actually happens in the movies because he's constantly overwhelmed or dealing with stuff that makes him get serious.

He's never really quipped like, say, Ultimate Peter does.
    I can't recall any memorable quipping from Tobey. His best scenes were always the more emotional dramatic ones like when he confessed to Aunt May about the burglar or his pep talk to Octavius. His quips felt like he was reading lines off a scrip rather than something natural.

Anyway, we can agree to disagree on how funny Tom Holland's Spider-Man is. Though I have to say, of all the criticisms I've heard about Tom's Spidey, him not being a quipper is the most bizarre one and one that I haven't seen anywhere else so far.

Homecoming had a lot of problems with not putting weight behind the consequences to Peter as Spider-Man. Like, he basically screws with Liz the entire movie and didn't really seem to feel that bad about it.

I would've rather they used Kong or Randy because at least they're Peter characters, not like Ganke.

Remy Hii would've been a more convincing Flash than what we got.
    I wasn't a fan of the 'you don't deserve this' line to her at the dance party. *We* know what he meant but for anyone else hearing it, it could have been taken a whole another way. If it was something like 'I can't do this' then it would have been better and her scene with Peter at the end of the movie would have made more sense.

What's funny is Remy Hii is 35 years old and can still easily pass for a teenager.

A lot of changes in the MCU Spider-Man movies feel like changes for changes sake.

Holland-Man didn't even make fun of Mysterio for his fishbowl helmet.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/so...r-no-way-home/

college trilogy lets go probable set up Miles since Holland wants to be done with Spider-Man by age 30
    Last edited by Jman27; 11-29-2021 at 08:12 AM.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I can't recall any memorable quipping from Tobey. His best scenes were always the more emotional dramatic ones like when he confessed to Aunt May about the burglar or his pep talk to Octavius. His quips felt like he was reading lines off a scrip rather than something natural.
    I agree the delivery was the issue which is why people don't remember any of his quips.
    Anyway, we can agree to disagree on how funny Tom Holland's Spider-Man is. Though I have to say, of all the criticisms I've heard about Tom's Spidey, him not being a quipper is the most bizarre one and one that I haven't seen anywhere else so far.
    Holland's humor is more situational and him being a straight man than him trying to deliberately make jokes like Spidey traditional does.

I've seen people praise how Holland captures the duality of Spider-Man like no other actor and it always fall flat to me because he really doesn't get to show off much of a Spider-Man personality or sassiness. He's pretty much the same in-suit and out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post

college trilogy lets go probable set up Miles since Holland wants to be done with Spider-Man by age 30
    I hope they talked to Holland about this .

I hope they don't immediately start setting up Miles because I want more solo Spider-Man contend and less "Spider-Man and other Spiders" content. Although that's always a double-edged sword with MCU Spider-Man because there will probably be always some kind of big guest star every movie, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree the delivery was the issue which is why people don't remember any of his quips.

Holland's humor is more situational and him being a straight man than him trying to deliberately make jokes like Spidey traditional does.

I've seen people praise how Holland captures the duality of Spider-Man like no other actor and it always fall flat to me because he really doesn't get to show off much of a Spider-Man personality or sassiness. He's pretty much the same in-suit and out.

I hope they talked to Holland about this .

I hope they don't immediately start setting up Miles because I want more solo Spider-Man contend and less "Spider-Man and other Spiders" content. Although that's always a double-edged sword with MCU Spider-Man because there will probably be always some kind of big guest star every movie, I guess.
    we got 8 movies of solo peter and 3 team up and 1 animated film. I mean what else do we need from a solo spiderman movie that the others havent done? Just introduce the MCU Miles in the next film officially instead of that deleted scene. Let him get his spider bite second film they team up and third film of this new trilogy write off Holland/

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

we got 8 movies of solo peter and 3 team up and 1 animated film. I mean what else do we need from a solo spiderman movie that the others havent done? Just introduce the MCU Miles in the next film officially instead of that deleted scene. Let him get his spider bite second film they team up and third film of this new trilogy write off Holland/
    Is it wrong to prefer a solo Spider-Man? Like, y'know that you naturally expect from Spider-Man stories? Like there are plenty of stories/villains they still haven't adapted yet from Peter's comics or stuff Peter hasn't done yet. And MCU Spider-Man has always had some caveat that prevents his films from feeling like good solo Spider-Man films.

I know they probably will try to set up Miles if only because Holland might want to be done at some point.

I feel like that logical to set up miles unless Holland comment about retiring the role was before this news come out. Then he might changed his mind and I'm not in a rush for the 4th live action Peter Parker.

If Sony sticks to their timetable, the next movie should be in 2023. Unless they move it up to 2024.

It's most likely going to be Spider-Man vs Venom. They can introduce Donald Glover's Prowler as a secondary antagonist and Miles can be introduced as a post credit scene where he gets his powers. Then do the next Spider-Man movie with him co-leading with Peter. Then spin him off into his own movie. He can be the High School Spider-Man at that point.

I agree. We've gotten 3 solo movies from Holland and 3 guest appearances from him in other MCU movies. This is a Spider-Man/Peter Parker who has fought Avengers, aliens, wizards, his regular villains and villains from the Multiverse. By the time the Young Avengers are formed, Peter would be the experienced young hero out of all of them. At this point, I'm ready for Peter to segue into a mentor role and for Miles to take the spotlight as the primary Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

It has sense. I mean, Spider-Man is one of the character that that have th emost to offer to the MCU, so they can't just give him 3 movies.

If Sony sticks to their timetable, the next movie should be in 2023. Unless they move it up to 2024.

It's most likely going to be Spider-Man vs Venom. They can introduce Donald Glover's Prowler as a secondary antagonist and Miles can be introduced as a post credit scene where he gets his powers. Then do the next Spider-Man movie with him co-leading with Peter. Then spin him off into his own movie. He can be the High School Spider-Man at that point.
    What do you do with another Spider-Man in high school? "Oh, his parents are alive and he uses Parker-tech instead of Stark Tech?" Or maybe just adapt Peter stuff for Miles.
    I agree. We've gotten 3 solo movies from Holland and 3 guest appearances from him in other MCU movies. This is a Spider-Man/Peter Parker who has fought Avengers, aliens, wizards, his regular villains and villains from the Multiverse. By the time the Young Avengers are formed, Peter would be the experienced young hero out of all of them. At this point, I'm ready for Peter to segue into a mentor role and for Miles to take the spotlight as the primary Spider-Man.
    It really just feels like them speedrunning MCU Spider-Man. He's barely gotten to be a standard Spider-Man on-screen for more than, just, a movie.

Astonishing Member

The three new film announcement is... interesting. Since Holland coming back is for now up in the air, it makes me wonder if there's any truth to the Miles Morales rumors.

But also, Sony announcements should be taken with a grain of salt lol. This studio changes their plans with Spider-Man all the time.

Three High School movies isn't speed running. And Miles experiences can vastly differ from Peter's plus you can build on Miles connection to the Champions/Young Avengers thing they're doing in order to make him fresh and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    The three new film announcement is... interesting. Since Holland coming back is for now up in the air, it makes me wonder if there's any truth to the Miles Morales rumors.

But also, Sony announcements should be taken with a grain of salt lol. This studio changes their plans with Spider-Man all the time.
    According to Hollywood Reporter, Sony insiders claim that the College Trilogy isn't set in stone. Tom is only contracted for one more 'MCU movie' after NWH. It could be Amy Pascal running her mouth again before anything is confirmed like she did when she claimed Venom and Sony's other Spider-adjacent movies are MCU (Venom hadn't come out yet and granted her wish did come true in the long run but I still chuckle whenever I recall Fiege looking like he just died on the inside when she abruptly said that during the interview).

Astonishing Member

This is just an idea, but all things considered, maybe the point of Spider-Man's next arc could be the expansion of his "legacy". You know, bring on more spiders besides Peter Parker.

The whole thing with Andrew and Tbobey makes me think it could be compared with Peter Parker working alongside his clones, Kaine and Ben Reilly.

So, maybe we could have other spiders in the next movies, like Jessica Drew, Madame Web (possibly Julia Carpenter), Miles Morales, a local version of Gwen Stacy as Spider-Gwen... You get the idea.

Three High School movies isn't speed running. And Miles experiences can vastly differ from Peter's plus you can build on Miles connection to the Champions/Young Avengers thing they're doing in order to make him fresh and interesting.
    I'm not saying three high school movies is speedrunning, but the amount of stuff happening to him in said movies and out of them is speedrunning.

Although by the time we get to Miles I wonder how old the younger generation would even be at this point unless they get him out there ASAP and move Peter out.