Page 112 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Hm. Does that Electro chest piece remind anyone else of Stark-tech?
    People have been theorizing Electro is using Stark Tech to keep his form in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People have been theorizing Electro is using Stark Tech to keep his form in check.
    You mean BARF?

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    You mean BARF?
    arc reactor
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Because it's not an MCU Spider-Man movie without Stark Tech .

Astonishing Member

You know? If the previous Spider-Men are going to appear in this movie, do you think the other characters from Sony's movies will too? I mean, we have the Fantastic Four, the X-Men and Mutants in general, Blade and, of course, Deadpool. Do you think they will appear in the MCU too?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    You know? If the previous Spider-Men are going to appear in this movie, do you think the other characters from Sony's movies will too? I mean, we have the Fantastic Four, the X-Men and Mutants in general, Blade and, of course, Deadpool. Do you think they will appear in the MCU too?
    Those are Fox characters but not in this movie. I think maybe there will be some Fox stuff in a future multiverse movie

Because it's not an MCU Spider-Man movie without Stark Tech .
    Spider-Man's an Iron Man character now.

This even applies retroactively to the old movies too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Those are Fox characters but not in this movie. I think maybe there will be some Fox stuff in a future multiverse movie
    I didn't mean the Fantastic Four or the X-Men would appear in "Spider-Man: No Way Home", but that they MIGHT appear in future movies of the MCU. For example, in "Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness" could have a chance for the X-Men to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    arc reactor
    Oh, okay. I though about BARF because it lets its user to alter/create some things, and I connected the dots to Electro's new look. But the Arc Reactor could be used to harness the power and make Max look normal without illusion. I'd say it's kind of clever but it's Stark's tech once again... I'm hoping the next trilogy is going to have a little less of Stark's post death involvement.
    Last edited by Reilly; 12-04-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Oh, okay. I though about BARF because it lets its user to alter/create some things, and I connected the dots to Electro's new look. But the Arc Reactor could be used to harness the power and make Max look normal without illusion. I'd say it's kind of clever but it's Stark's tech once again... I'm hoping the next trilogy is going to have a little less of Stark's post death involvement.
    Honestly, all the villains could get "upgrades" thanks to Stark's tech. Well, maybe not Sandman and Lizard, as their powers are more biological than technological.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yep, I can't recall him ever doing something that actually changed Peter's life in a profound way. Which is why I'm slightly disappointed with them bringing back all the A-listers for NWH.
    Yeah, the whole Kindred nonsense could be a good opportunity, but aside from magic hypnotism, Mysterio didn't do much.

Yeah, good point. There is already a screen shot of Electro with Stark's arc reactor.
    Oh for ****'s sake lol.

Although, since Electro is from another universe, he might just be using tech he found/stole, instead of being a disgruntled employee.

Chameleon would make a good villain for the new Spider-Man cartoon they're doing that's set before CW.
    Yeah, villains like him are "small" enough to be used.

They can't go with Zendaya's MJ as Peter's confidant since the Amazing Spider-Man movies already gave Ultimate MJ's role to Gwen.

I think they should have either confirmed her as Mary Jane (if not in Homecoming then in FFH) or had her as Liz Allen just to maintain the Ditko influence. Maybe Zendaya as 'Liz Allen' while Laura Harrier was Sally Avril/Toomes?
    Huh, Sally did have a bird themed super-hero identity, that could work lol.

I think writing out Liz 'Toomes' was a mistake since Peter exposing her father and effectively derailing her life was a potentially rich source of conflict. I'm not sure why 'Liz' and 'MJ' had to be separate characters in the movie.
    Weird thing is that, even back in Homecoming I could tell Liz's story was probably over, they mention she's moving away, it's weird lol.

-Combine Liz and MJ from the movie into one character played by whichever actress had the most chemistry with Tom Holland. Either definitively say she's Mary Jane or just have her a different character like maybe Liz Allen. I lean towards Liz since that would give Peter a distinct love interest for each trilogy but Zendaya has the chops to pull off comic accurate MJ. Her father could have been working with Toomes or Toomes was her step dad. Thus her attitude in the first movie is because she knew her Dad's secret but was keeping it to herself which gives her something in common with Peter, in terms of keeping secrets. Then the second movie is about her learning/figuring out Peter's identity and working through their issues before they hook up.
    Thinking of it, Liz knowing that her father was a super-villain and then learning her boyfriend is a super-hero could be an interesting angle, even without considering the angle that Peter is the reason her father was arrested.

Homecoming had a lot of problems with not putting weight behind the consequences to Peter as Spider-Man. Like, he basically screws with Liz the entire movie and didn't really seem to feel that bad about it.
    He did feel bad when she was leaving the school, but, yeah, the movie ends in a pretty happy note with daddy Stark showing he approves of Peter and giving him a cool new suit.

I agree the delivery was the issue which is why people don't remember any of his quips.
    "It's you who's out Gobby, out of your mind!"

I'm not sure a good deliver could save this lol.

Is it wrong to prefer a solo Spider-Man? Like, y'know that you naturally expect from Spider-Man stories? Like there are plenty of stories/villains they still haven't adapted yet from Peter's comics or stuff Peter hasn't done yet. And MCU Spider-Man has always had some caveat that prevents his films from feeling like good solo Spider-Man films.

I know they probably will try to set up Miles if only because Holland might want to be done at some point.
    Yeah, MCU uses the mentality of "They have to be teamed up" a bit too much.

Like yeah, it works for some character, but at the moment you do a solo movie, it'd be better be a solo movie lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I guess this makes an MCU Peter Parker / Johnny Storm buddy thing logistically difficult with Sony at the helm of the new trilogy.
    I honestly doubt that would happen anyways lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    This even applies retroactively to the old movies too.
    Does that mean Richard Parker in ASM movies was secretly Stark? .

Also, I noticed Jack was banned, what happened? I left this place for 9 days and someone got banned, it's kinda unsettling that I stop visiting and there's a high chance of me returning and learning someone was banned while I was out .

Tobey tried man. Tobey tried .

Tobey tried man. Tobey tried .
    That he did, but like I said, even good deliver wouldn't make that like sound good, doubt even someone like Josh Keaton would manage to lol.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

The new panel in CCXP shows the interview from William Dafoe, Alfred Molina, and Jamie Foxx about reprising their iconic roles as Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Electro, including the some new footage.

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    The new panel in CCXP shows the interview from William Dafoe, Alfred Molina, and Jamie Foxx about reprising their iconic roles as Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Electro, including the some new footage.

I'm glad Jamie Foxx is getting his due despite the initial reception to his Electro (none of which was his fault) .