Page 70 of 136 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2039
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    There's also agents to consider. Evan Peters is a low-profile actor who likely didn't have pull or power in terms of his character was presented on screen but Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield would have some pull, as would their agents. Maguire's rich enough that he doesn't have to work for a living anymore and can select his projects as he desires. Garfield is a bit different but he's also established himself as a name actor on some independent projects. Both actors would likely raise objections if their roles were small or meant as a joke at the expense of movies that made them big. And they'd be able to walk away if it was just some cheap gag so whatever it is, it would have to engage them somehow.
    Right.

Also, I think WandaVision is a bit of a different animal than NWH. That was a show where the viewer doesn't know what is/isn't real until about the last episode. NWH seems like it will be straightforward by comparison even if they're still dealing with multiverse stuff.

The new Ghostbusters will probably be a better indicator of how NWH could turn out than WandaVision.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-07-2021 at 10:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Right.

Also, I think WandaVision is a bit of a different animal than NWH. That was a show where the viewer doesn't know what is/isn't real until about the last episode. NWH seems like it will be straightforward by comparison even if they're still dealing with multiverse stuff.
    The marketing for NWH is either the best or the weirdest, depending on the box-office take.

I don't think WandaVision indicates things either way. At the end of the day, MCU still operates under a hierachy "Movies=Different" "TV/Streaming=Different" as much as people talk about stuff interlocking more.

Tobey Maguire and Garfield would never consent to play their most famous roles on Disney Streaming not without a huge fee, so they are saving it for a big-screen moment. Whereas they can get Evan Peters on WV budget, lol.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

The marketing for NWH is either the best or the weirdest, depending on the box-office take.

I don't think WandaVision indicates things either way. At the end of the day, MCU still operates under a hierachy "Movies=Different" "TV/Streaming=Different" as much as people talk about stuff interlocking more.

Tobey Maguire and Garfield would never consent to play their most famous roles on Disney Streaming not without a huge fee, so they are saving it for a big-screen moment. Whereas they can get Evan Peters on WV budget, lol.
    Tobey and Andrew's Peter Parker character rights are belong to Sony. I don't think they're going to appear on Disney Streaming without permission from the Sony.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Tobey and Andrew's Peter Parker character rights are belong to Sony. I don't think they're going to appear on Disney Streaming without permission from the Sony.
    Also this.

BANNED

So we got a new poster, and pay attention to the background on the top right blue sky.

Twimg.jpg
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-07-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Astonishing Member

Meh, this is the same poster that leaked a few days ago. I was hoping for something new.

No Lizard on it? I see Goblin, Ock, a lightning bolt for Electro, and a sandstorm.

Also it looks like Green Goblin is wearing his Raimi helmet and not those awful goggles from the leak.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-07-2021 at 08:53 PM.

Astonishing Member

It’s….. fine.

Meh.

So we got a new poster, and pay attention to the background on the top right blue sky.

Twimg.jpg
    Spot the Goblin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Meh, this is the same poster that leaked a few days ago. I was hoping for something new.

No Lizard on it? I see Goblin, Ock, a lightning bolt for Electro, and a sandstorm.

Also it looks like Green Goblin is wearing his Raimi helmet and not those awful goggles from the leak.
    How could you work in Lizard? I guess his tail could be wagging somewhere.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The face in the bottom right coooould be a lizard tease (though that’s a bit of a reach)

BANNED

Someone did a crop and close-up of Goblin.

twimg.jpg

It looks like they kept the old costume and look. Man it's such a sight to see the GOAT again. The Ace is Back.

Course there might be changes and alterations and so on down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The face in the bottom right coooould be a lizard tease (though that’s a bit of a reach)
    Maybe it's some Cloverfield poster hidden monster thing, lol.

Oh no, that ugly Goblin mask... I've never liked it.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, the Power Ranger Goblin mask is awful. Only people who were kids when SM1 came out have nostalgia for it. Original Raimi design for GG was far superior.

On another note, it’s funny how we have a Gen Z Spidey facing off against villains who are almost all Baby Boomers. It’s a real life generational war.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Yeah, the Power Ranger Goblin mask is awful. Only people who were kids when SM1 came out have nostalgia for it.
    Only people who read the comics as kids think the original GG outfit which makes him look like a Skrull is a smart design that can easily translate to live action. The comics goblin is more purple than green which struck me as odd compared to the emerald green ensemble.

Original Raimi design for GG was far superior.
    Nope.

On another note, it’s funny how we have a Gen Z Spidey facing off against villains who are almost all Baby Boomers. It’s a real life generational war.
    Baby boomers are those born and came of age in the 60s. Technically 616 Peter is boomer.

Also In my experience Gen Z aren’t big fans of Holland

Astonishing Member

The movie Green Goblin design was terrible at the time and looks even worse 20 years later.

Not like he going to keep the mask on forever anyway probably a scene for nostalgia
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy