Page 24 of 136 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like you're referencing that meme from Miles' game, but I do feel like MCU Spidey is missing that confidence and sass that defines the Spider-Man persona.

That's why I didn't like the scene of him accepting the award with Aunt May.
    In the content of the film I guess it was tolerable. though remember the scene in Spiderman 3 where he accepts the keys to the city from Gwen

We know Spiderman can have a child like personality but maybe when you put that on screen, it makes it very corny and silly. Must explain also why Spiderman 3 and FFH are not top tier Spiderman films like Spiderman 2 or Spiderverse.

Spiderman is one of those characters who cannot be too angst (Andrew Garfield) or too silly-childlike (Tom Holland)

BANNED

You'd say anything in the MCU is childish just because it's the MCU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's not real. It's a part of a story. And in the story, it's a weapon. Trying to make that distinction just shows you're being argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative.

Everything you argued I was doing was what you yourself were doing.
    By this point you're just making excuses.
    It's a tool, it only matters who uses it.

Tool, weapon, or otherwise I don't think Peter should have had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    By this point you're just making excuses.
    It's a tool, it only matters who uses it.
    It's a MacGuffin (or McGuffin). And that you're trying to argue the specifics of the MacGuffin says all that needs to be said.

BANNED

It's a MacGuffin (or McGuffin). And that you're trying to argue the specifics of the MacGuffin says all that needs to be said.
    And still making excuses

And still making excuses
    You can admit the MCU Spider-Man films are bad Spider-Man films. It's okay. I did.

BANNED

You can admit the MCU Spider-Man films are bad Spider-Man films. It's okay. I did.
    So I'm not allowed to have my own opinion and need to think what you do
    Nice to see people aren't allowed to think for themselves anymore

So I'm not allowed to have my own opinion and need to think what you do
    Nice to see people aren't allowed to think for themselves anymore
    I prefer my Spider-Man not have Tony Stark as the defining influence of his life and where he actually says the words "Uncle Ben".

BANNED

I don't give a damn what you want or prefer so take it to someone else

I don't give a damn what you want or prefer so take it to someone else
    If you didn't care you wouldn't rush to defend these movies.

Mighty Member

Would Peter know Tony Stark or would be interacting with people like Nick Fury if he wasn't Spider-Man?
    Err...What?

I'm not getting your point... maybe? maybe not? There'd be a possibility that Tony Stark would have noticed him for his brilliant mind, but he definitely wouldn't be recruited as a child soldier. This is like asking "Would Peter have become Spider-Man if he didn't go to that specific school?" (we're assuming that he got bitten by a radioactive or genetically engineered spider on a school field trip). We could keep going further and further back with that line, "Would Peter know Tony Stark or be interacting with people like Nick Fury if it weren't for Dr. Ho Yinsen?" (the man who helped Tony Stark escape)

Would Vulture gone after Peter had it not been for Stark's involvement? The answer is yes, Spider-Man was inserting himself into stopping Toomes and his men regardless of his relationships with Tony Stark. Toomes was committing crimes and Peter happened to be in his vicinity.

Would Mysterio have gone after Peter had it not been for Stark's involvement? The answer here is no, Mysterio was after EDITH specifically, in fact he was pretty content with leaving Peter alone after he got them, the only reason he decided to kill Peter (and even lamented having to do it) was to wipe out witnesses.

BANNED

If you didn't care you wouldn't rush to defend these movies.
    Nice fallacy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Err...What?

I'm not getting your point... maybe? maybe not? There'd be a possibility that Tony Stark would have noticed him for his brilliant mind, but he definitely wouldn't be recruited as a child soldier. This is like asking "Would Peter have become Spider-Man if he didn't go to that specific school?" (we're assuming that he got bitten by a radioactive or genetically engineered spider on a school field trip). We could keep going further and further back with that line, "Would Peter know Tony Stark or be interacting with people like Nick Fury if it weren't for Dr. Ho Yinsen?" (the man who helped Tony Stark escape)

Would Vulture gone after Peter had it not been for Stark's involvement? The answer is yes, Spider-Man was inserting himself into stopping Toomes and his men regardless of his relationships with Tony Stark. Toomes was committing crimes and Peter happened to be in his vicinity.

Would Mysterio have gone after Peter had it not been for Stark's involvement? The answer here is no, Mysterio was after EDITH specifically, in fact he was pretty content with leaving Peter alone after he got them, the only reason he decided to kill Peter (and even lamented having to do it) was to wipe out witnesses.
    Would Petwr have been involved with Tony Stark and have people trying to kill him if he wasn't Spider-Man is the only question that matters and the answer is no.
    If he wasn't Spider-Man he wouldn't be in these situations at all

Mighty Member

Would Petwr have been involved with Tony Stark and have people trying to kill him if he wasn't Spider-Man is the only question that matters and the answer is no.
    If he wasn't Spider-Man he wouldn't be in these situations at all
    I'm sorry I'm still not getting it...Are the villains trying to kill him BECAUSE he's Spider-Man?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I'm sorry I'm still not getting it...Are the villains trying to kill him BECAUSE he's Spider-Man?
    A large chunk of Spider-Man's villains only tried to kill him because he got involved and in their way.
    Not seeing how this is any different