Page 26 of 136 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I really do dig the black and gold suit. My best guess is it serves as an upgraded version of the Stealth suit from FFH.

I posted this on a different site venting

I’m getting to the point where the excitement and thrill of the film is being replaced by annoyance and frustration.

I’ve been out of the loop on this topic for a bit so haven’t kept up with what’s being said but....a couple of things.

First off, the costumes are “meh”. I really don’t get the point of continuously using new costumes. I was hoping for a less “techy” suit but it looks like that’s the road we are taking again. Just keep it simple and basic. The suit at the end of FFH looked fine.

Second off, the situation with the trailer has already reached the apex of annoyance for me. The fans deserved something at this point. At least some sought of date especially when we were told we would get a trailer last December. The suspense was cute at one point. We are pass that now though.

The Toby/Andrew situation that Is still the elephant in the room. Will they or won’t they be in? At this stage marvel/Disney/Sony have backed themselves into a corner because the disappointment would be massive if they aren’t in the movie.

I was always apprehensive towards the MCU Spider-Man and the direction he’s been taking in. Little by little, it seems like more negativity has been building towards that version of the character. Some People seem to have grown tired with this take on the character and I can’t blame them. It’s nauseating at times with the Boy Meets World Vibe.

Anyway, it’s getting increasingly difficult to stay hyped for this film. Suspense and excitement can only go so far. Right now, it’s just tiring especially considering that there’s still a possibility that we will be given another “Disney” Spider-man movie fully loaded with “Mr. Stark” references and school buses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    One thing i like is how many different Spider-costumes we've gotten so far. Idk how this specific one would fit into NWH
    This is such an annoyance with the movies. There’s such a reliance on the suits and tech that you almost forget that he’s a super powered individual. Having constant suit changes gives off this Iron Man vibe that’s already strong enough considering how valuable they’ve made Tony Stark to the MCU Spider-Man. Sometimes less is more. Simplify the suit and just give us Spider-Man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post

I’m getting to the point where the excitement and thrill of the film is being replaced by annoyance and frustration.

I’ve been out of the loop on this topic for a bit so haven’t kept up with what’s being said but....a couple of things.

First off, the costumes are “meh”. I really don’t get the point of continuously using new costumes. I was hoping for a less “techy” suit but it looks like that’s the road we are taking again. Just keep it simple and basic. The suit at the end of FFH looked fine.

Second off, the situation with the trailer has already reached the apex of annoyance for me. The fans deserved something at this point. At least some sought of date especially when we were told we would get a trailer last December. The suspense was cute at one point. We are pass that now though.

The Toby/Andrew situation that Is still the elephant in the room. Will they or won’t they be in? At this stage marvel/Disney/Sony have backed themselves into a corner because the disappointment would be massive if they aren’t in the movie.
    Whether it's true or not (and it looks overwhelmingly likely that it's not true by now), I think that Sony is clearly taking marketing advantage of the rumors at this point.

Ultimate Member

This is such an annoyance with the movies. There’s such a reliance on the suits and tech that you almost forget that he’s a super powered individual. Having constant suit changes gives off this Iron Man vibe that’s already strong enough considering how valuable they’ve made Tony Stark to the MCU Spider-Man. Sometimes less is more. Simplify the suit and just give us Spider-Man
    I honestly don't see that as a huge problem. And for the most part in FfH he didn't really use much tech himself. His regular superpowers like wall crawling and spider-sense are still there

Not to mention he barely got to wear the Far From Home suit and now they're already marketing his next suit.

It just feels a little ridiculous to me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Whether it's true or not (and it looks overwhelmingly likely that it's not true by now), I think that Sony is clearly taking marketing advantage of the rumors at this point.
    It was fun at first, but now it's getting frustrating. I think the ball is starting to drop with these movies, I don't know if they are going to be the big powerhouse they were 5 years ago.
    All I know is, I'm getting very bored of them and No Way Home is no exception. I was actually nostalgic watching Venom when there was a time these films were interestingly bad.

iMan 42s

Different costumes per movie happen. Raimi did change the costume between films though it's far less noticeable than others with Webb being an outright different suit for its sequel. Raimi was even going to make more changes to it for the cancelled Spider-man 4. The MCU is just normal to do so since I'm pretty sure everyone gets a costume change between films.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Different costumes per movie happen. Raimi did change the costume between films though it's far less noticeable than others with Webb being an outright different suit for its sequel. Raimi was even going to make more changes to it for the cancelled Spider-man 4. The MCU is just normal to do so since I'm pretty sure everyone gets a costume change between films.
    I think gradual cosmetic changes to a suit is fine, but 5-8 different costumes is a bit much.

And isn't it mostly to sell merchandise?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And that's part of the problem! He's Spider-Man, not Iron Man.
    Meaning he can't change his suit? Cap does it too

Ultimate Member

I think gradual cosmetic changes to a suit is fine, but 5-8 different costumes is a bit much.

And isn't it mostly to sell merchandise?
    Maybe, but Spider Man as a whole is a big merchandising property

Meaning he can't change his suit? Cap does it too
    I don't think Cap is as dramatic about it compared to Spidey and Iron Man.

But, no, honestly I don't think he needs to be changing his suit as frequently as he has been in these movies.
    Maybe, but Spider Man as a whole is a big merchandising property
    I get that. He sells the most of any Superhero. But I feel like it's getting to be a bit much at this point.

BANNED

I fail to see the point in complaining that Spider-Man has a lot of suits, because he does have a ton of suits.
    By this point the character has enough suits that if now o he wore a different one in each issue of ASM it would take years before he runs out.
    It's just nitpicking and finding a reason to complain by this point.

I was always apprehensive towards the MCU Spider-Man and the direction he’s been taking in. Little by little, it seems like more negativity has been building towards that version of the character. Some People seem to have grown tired with this take on the character and I can’t blame them. It’s nauseating at times with the Boy Meets World Vibe.

Anyway, it’s getting increasingly difficult to stay hyped for this film. Suspense and excitement can only go so far. Right now, it’s just tiring especially considering that there’s still a possibility that we will be given another “Disney” Spider-man movie fully loaded with “Mr. Stark” references and school buses.
    Explain to me who exactly is getting tired of the character.
    Going by this board alone the only people showing negativity are the same people who had problems with this version of the character since day one, like saying you're not excited for the new film doesn't mean much when you're making it clear you didn't like these films to begin with by saying it's somehow nauseating and like a sitcom and full of school buses.
    Like when it's just the usual naysayers it doesn't mean much.

I don't think Cap is as dramatic about it compared to Spidey and Iron Man.

But, no, honestly I don't think he needs to be changing his suit as frequently as he has been in these movies.

I get that. He sells the most of any Superhero. But I feel like it's getting to be a bit much at this point.
    Agreed. First Caps changes aren’t as drastic and also his look isn’t as iconic as Spider-Man’s. My main issue is just the fact that constantly utilizing suits and so on with all these techy gadgets takes away from the character of Spider-Man and his down to earth appeal.

I’ve been a bit apprehensive about the MCU version of the character for some time now. It’s just not for me. The de aging and Disney vibes to these movies is just too much to handle at this point. It’s hard to stomach at times. I also feel that sometimes people allow their love for Tom to affect there affinity for these movies. Hell I was guilty of that too. Tom Holland is absolutely fanatic but the direction that these movies have taken the character is horrible and I personally don’t see the appeal. It’s a injustice for Tom Holland to be stuck with this material.

BANNED

That just proves my exact point