Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 833
  1. #436
    Astonishing Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    i did like their interactions in infinity war. Then again strange interactions with anyone was good in that movie
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  2. #437

    Default

    I hope that any trailer avoids the "leaked" information/context. Just tell the traditional tease without spoiling everything especially the clmax.

  3. #438
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,764

    Default

    I think it's because there is a lot of buzz surrounding this movie and they don't want the hype for NWH to take attention away from their other projects. COVID exacerbates the situation. NWH comes out in December and they still have to release Shang Chi, Eternals, Ms Marvel and Hawkeye. I think the NWH trailer will be released after either Shang Chi or Eternals are released. That way they can market it as the 'Young Avengers' with Ms Marvel, Hawkeye and then Spider-Man.

  4. #439
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think it's because there is a lot of buzz surrounding this movie and they don't want the hype for NWH to take attention away from their other projects. COVID exacerbates the situation. NWH comes out in December and they still have to release Shang Chi, Eternals, Ms Marvel and Hawkeye. I think the NWH trailer will be released after either Shang Chi or Eternals are released. That way they can market it as the 'Young Avengers' with Ms Marvel, Hawkeye and then Spider-Man.
    It's about COVID imo.
    They might delay it and something like Black Widow or eternals that flys but Spider-man and specially NWH is way too big.

  5. #440
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    72,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    i did like their interactions in infinity war. Then again strange interactions with anyone was good in that movie
    Admittedly Spider-Man and Dr. Strange is a time-honored team-up.

  6. #441
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,764

    Default

    I think I've said this before but I didn't warm up to MCU Dr Strange until IW/EG.

  7. #442
    Fantastic Member Dzika_Sowa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quick question - is Alfred Molina returning to play Doc Ock in this movie? I recall reading an interview with him, where he confirmed his return.

    I'm asking, because yesterday I've read rumours about William Dafoe not commenting on Green Goblin returning to movies. It sounds like other Spidey movies might really be alternate universes.

  8. #443
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    Quick question - is Alfred Molina returning to play Doc Ock in this movie? I recall reading an interview with him, where he confirmed his return.

    I'm asking, because yesterday I've read rumours about William Dafoe not commenting on Green Goblin returning to movies. It sounds like other Spidey movies might really be alternate universes.
    Yes, it's officially confirmed.
    The rumor is that it's Spider-Verse adaption, where MCU Peter will team-up with Webb and Raimi Spider-Men against Sinister Six, which members also will be from those movies, like Dafoe's Green Goblin and Fox's Electro.

  9. #444
    Fantastic Member Dzika_Sowa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Yes, it's officially confirmed.
    The rumor is that it's Spider-Verse adaption, where MCU Peter will team-up with Webb and Raimi Spider-Men against Sinister Six, which members also will be from those movies, like Dafoe's Green Goblin and Fox's Electro.
    Thanks for answering my question.
    It sounds too good to be true, but I hope this is the case

  10. #445
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,967

    Default

    The lack of a trailer or confirmation about what the movie's about at this stage is very weird.

    Months ago, I figured it couldn't be a multiverse team-up because I figured they would've confirmed casting a lot earlier (IE- The Flash is coming out next year and has confirmed Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton) but with four months and two days ago, Sony and Marvel are still secretive about No Way Home.

    I wonder what time makes sense to finally release the trailer.

    Marvel was secretive about Endgame but that had the benefit of being a direct continuation to one of the biggest movies ever. And the trailer still came in December 2018, more than four months before the release.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  11. #446
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The lack of a trailer or confirmation about what the movie's about at this stage is very weird.

    Months ago, I figured it couldn't be a multiverse team-up because I figured they would've confirmed casting a lot earlier (IE- The Flash is coming out next year and has confirmed Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton) but with four months and two days ago, Sony and Marvel are still secretive about No Way Home.

    I wonder what time makes sense to finally release the trailer.

    Marvel was secretive about Endgame but that had the benefit of being a direct continuation to one of the biggest movies ever. And the trailer still came in December 2018, more than four months before the release.
    It's being delayed.They won't risk such a big movie(Spider-man and specially with all the multiversal talk) with COVID delta variant.They will test waters with Shang Chi and depending on how that goes they will decide to make the delay official.They don't want to have a delay like Black Widow w/ marketing.Once marketing starts they won't delay

  12. #447
    Astonishing Member Jman27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It's being delayed.They won't risk such a big movie(Spider-man and specially with all the multiversal talk) with COVID delta variant.They will test waters with Shang Chi and depending on how that goes they will decide to make the delay official.They don't want to have a delay like Black Widow w/ marketing.Once marketing starts they won't delay
    It's a Sony film so it's ultimately not up to Disney when it's gets released. I think Sony will see how Venom 2 will perform and if that's even remotely successful they might release the film. I do wonder if they hold off not showing a trailer as well cause of venom 2 being the priority right now. Honestly they mess themselves up by letting rumors run rampant. They should have release the trailer ages ago. I don't even know what would be considered a success now in terms of box office. Covid ain't going away anytime soon as I am constantly reminded by the amount of patients I take care of.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

    "I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

    "My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

  13. #448
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Yes I was told June or July now its august 15 and no trailer

  14. #449
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    8,943

    Default

    With MCU this year they basically have three smaller-tier releases like Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Eternals with Spider-Man the only big banner movie they have. So everyone wants to make sure that as few things go wrong with Spider-Man. Especially Sony.

    Venom is going on first to test the waters and for Sony as long as Venom hits theatres they get an extension on keeping the rights anyway which is what really counts.

    Anyway should be interesting seeing how this rolls out.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me at:
    https://elvingsmusings.wordpress.com/

  15. #450
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    3,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    It's a Sony film so it's ultimately not up to Disney when it's gets released. I think Sony will see how Venom 2 will perform and if that's even remotely successful they might release the film. I do wonder if they hold off not showing a trailer as well cause of venom 2 being the priority right now. Honestly they mess themselves up by letting rumors run rampant. They should have release the trailer ages ago. I don't even know what would be considered a success now in terms of box office. Covid ain't going away anytime soon as I am constantly reminded by the amount of patients I take care of.
    Yeah but seeing how Shang Chi performs will help them in their decision along with venom 2.
    I disagree, if they will delay then don't release the trailer.
    Yeah, but the delta variant means it may spike up.Again they will test waters, Spider-man and specially NWH is way too big to play with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •