Page 54 of 136 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    probably the day after venom 2 or something
    Aren't they saying the Venom end credit leak is false and it's acrually spoilers:
    Andrew
    end of spoilers.It would make a lot of sense and work much better.

Astonishing Member

Speaking of Green Goblin, I'm really glad that Holland is meeting the Raimi Goblin first and not the MCU's. My biggest fear with bringing in MCU Norman was that it would quadruple the Stark connection. The natural way to do him based on Holland's first five appearances is to make him the evil mentor to Stark's "good" mentor, which would reinforce the Iron Man connection even more.

But obviously Raimi's Norman's beef is with Spider-Man first and foremost, and doesn't care about Stark in the slightest. Not only that, but if they ever decide to bring in the MCU version of Norman, Peter's opinion of him can't be entirely filtered through Stark anymore due to Peter's experiences with Norman in this film. So we might actually get a Peter that dislikes Norman for who Norman is, and not because he read in Mr. Stark's files that Norman is a bad guy, or because Happy told him Norman is a bad guy, or because Norman insulted Mr. Stark, or any of that nonsense we could have gotten had this film never happened.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 09-21-2021 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Speaking of Green Goblin, I'm really glad that Holland is meeting the Raimi Goblin first and not the MCU's. My biggest fear with bringing in MCU Norman was that it would quadruple the Stark connection. The natural way to do him based on Holland's first five appearances is to make him the evil mentor to Stark's "good" mentor, which would reinforce the Iron Man connection even more.

But obviously Raimi's Norman's beef is with Spider-Man first and foremost, and doesn't care about Stark in the slightest. Not only that, but if they ever decide to bring in the MCU version of Norman, Peter's opinion of him can't be entirely filtered through Stark anymore due to Peter's experiences with Norman in this film. So we might actually get a Peter that dislikes Norman for who Norman is, and not because he read in Mr. Stark's files that Norman is a bad guy, or because Happy told him Norman is a bad guy, or because Norman insulted Mr. Stark, or any of that nonsense we could have gotten had this film never happened.
    mcus doesnt even exist or may never exist. Norman has to be personal relationship with Peter to make it work best. And both of your cases wont work cause it not personal. Mcu Peter will only know Raimi Goblin and might not even know the man Norman Osborn is. Dont think they have enough time for them to build a relationship in this film. And same with your Norman example he can have a relationship with Tony but if he doesnt have a realtionship with Peter then its a failure.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I feel like hurts Holland even more that either his villains are motivated by Tony Stark or are adversaries of other Spider-Man's.

Can't he just get his own stuff at this point?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    mcus doesnt even exist or may never exist. Norman has to be personal relationship with Peter to make it work best. And both of your cases wont work cause it not personal. Mcu Peter will only know Raimi Goblin and might not even know the man Norman Osborn is. Dont think they have enough time for them to build a relationship in this film. And same with your Norman example he can have a relationship with Tony but if he doesnt have a realtionship with Peter then its a failure.
    Raimi Goblin's hatred of Peter may be one-sided, but that's at least one side, know what I mean? His relationship with Vulture and Mysterio didn't even have that. So it's still a step in the right direction.

At this point I think you can do an MCU Norman that doesn't have a direct relationship with Peter, even if it's not my cup of tea. Dark Reign and Fraction's Iron Man run proved you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like hurts Holland even more that either his villains are motivated by Tony Stark or are adversaries of other Spider-Man's.

Hopefully he finally will in this.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 09-21-2021 at 09:50 AM.

Hopefully he finally will in this.
    Ideally, but it's kind of hard to imagine in a film where he's dealing with his film predecessors and their villains.

Astonishing Member

Ideally, but it's kind of hard to imagine in a film where he's dealing with his film predecessors and their villains.
    Well if the spoilers from the 4chan leaks are true, spoilers:
    Green Goblin kills someone close to him.
    end of spoilers That would already make it personal for Holland's Peter in a way it wasn't with Vulture and Mysterio.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 09-21-2021 at 10:02 AM.

BANNED

Well we don't know what the movie might hold, so best not expect too much. There's a theory floating around that Dafoe's Norman has been in the MCU the whole time, THE WHOLE TIME, in the background and he might have links to Stark we won't know.

Well he's never carried a movie on his own so why start so late in the game?

Well if the spoilers from the 4chan leaks are true, spoilers:
    Green Goblin kills someone close to him.
    end of spoilers That would already make it personal for Holland's Peter in a way it wasn't with Vulture and Mysterio.
    Maybe Ned Leeds?

spoilers:
    (I doubt it'll be MJ because the entire dilemma of erasing identity and her memories kinds of goes away if he she gets whacked). Happy Hogan is a possibility, as a way to end the Iron Man infestation in the MCU films once and for all. It could also be one of the Spiders.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well we don't know what the movie might hold, so best not expect too much. There's a theory floating around that Dafoe's Norman has been in the MCU the whole time, THE WHOLE TIME, in the background and he might have links to Stark we won't know.
    Even then, you can't have Stark be the connection between MCU Peter and MCU Norman anymore. Stark might still be a connection, if MCU Norman ever comes in, but to the same extent as he would have been had this film not happened? I doubt it, especially if the spoilers are true (and based on how well 4chan called the first trailer, I'm leaning more towards "yes they're true" than I am towards a "no they are not").

Maybe Ned Leeds?

spoilers:
    (I doubt it'll be MJ because the entire dilemma of erasing identity and her memories kinds of goes away if he she gets whacked). Happy Hogan is a possibility, as a way to end the Iron Man infestation in the MCU films once and for all. It could also be one of the Spiders.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    They apparently shot multiple endings with Ned, May, and MJ? I too don't think it would be MJ.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Even then, you can't have Stark be the connection between MCU Peter and MCU Norman anymore. Stark might still be a connection, if MCU Norman ever comes in, but to the same extent as he would have been had this film not happened? I doubt it, especially if the spoilers are true (and based on how well 4chan called the first trailer, I'm leaning more towards "yes they're true" than I am towards a "no they are not").

spoilers:
    They apparently shot multiple endings with Ned, May, and MJ? I too don't think it would be MJ.
    end of spoilers
    These seem like new information from 4chan, got some links?

Extraordinary Member

MCU wanks Tony, and they do it through Peter.Really hope they get past that.Spider-man has always been way more succesfull than Tony, let the Iron boy stuff go.

Extraordinary Member

Well he's never carried a movie on his own so why start so late in the game?

Maybe Ned Leeds?

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Holland can easily carry a film, they dial him down w/ script and other ideas.

Hopefully she does, a new love interest would be way better.IMO it would also set a serious tone for the future.spoilers:
    Her and Happy should die.Mj death means better love interest, maybe Balck Cat.even Liz was better than Michelle.Also gives serious tone and could also work as more motivation for Ned to go hobgoblin.Happy dies, we loose Iron man hold and May relation.May goes more serious.Ned being hobgoblin is great and hopefully they make Peter like Peter instead of Miles in his interaction w/ other heroes
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Holland can easily carry a film, they dial him down w/ script and other ideas.

Hopefully she does, a new love interest would be way better.IMO it would also set a serious tone for the future.spoilers:
    Her and Happy should die.Mj death means better love interest, maybe Balck Cat.even Liz was better than Michelle.Also gives serious tone and could also work as more motivation for Ned to go hobgoblin.Happy dies, we loose Iron man hold and May relation.May goes more serious.Ned being hobgoblin is great and hopefully they make Peter like Peter instead of Miles in his interaction w/ other heroes
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    To be honest I don't see a DisMarvel/Sony film using Black Cat. Maybe if Sony were the ones just handling the Holland Spider films.

They were never going to make Ganke Hobgoblin.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    To be honest I don't see a DisMarvel/Sony film using Black Cat. Maybe if Sony were the ones just handling the Holland Spider films.

They were never going to make Ganke Hobgoblin.
    end of spoilers
    Black Cat is always hard to do in a Spider-Man movie because of her similarities to Catwoman. The general public know Catwoman too well, she's had so many continuous appearances in live-action Batman media that it's hard to establish Felicia as different, especially since the next Batman movie coming out in 2022 has Selina as well (played amusingly by Zoe Kravitz, voice of Mary Jane in ITSV).

Black Cat is always hard to do in a Spider-Man movie because of her similarities to Catwoman. The general public know Catwoman too well, she's had so many continuous appearances in live-action Batman media that it's hard to establish Felicia as different, especially since the next Batman movie coming out in 2022 has Selina as well (played amusingly by Zoe Kravitz, voice of Mary Jane in ITSV).
    You can play her at least differently than Selina and in terms of the dynamic with Spider-Man but for an "all ages" brand a sexy cat burglar in a skintight leather outfit might be too much.