Page 131 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2039

Oh please. The world was ending, reality was shattering. They didn't have time for "MJ's agency."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Oh please. The world was ending, reality was shattering. They didn't have time for "MJ's agency."
    Heaviest sigh imaginable dude.

spoilers:
    The choice to break his promise and not tell her what happened. Not the choice to erase their memories, which she agreed to, thus granting "her agency" during the "world ending and reality shattering" where he explicitly made time to talk to her about the decision. Maybe don't trip over yourself in the rush to criticize someone for mentioning a human's right to make decisions about their lives aka "her agency" my dude.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by MisterC; 12-30-2021 at 11:49 PM.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Some interesting BTS regarding

spoilers:

involvement of Tobey and Andrew in No Way Home.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...re-1235068153/

- Both Tobey and Andrew signed contract back in December 2020, even before the script was finished. According to writers, they are both enthusiastic regarding the role.

- Tobey wanted the film to keep information as minimal as possible regarding what happened to his Peter after the Spider-Man 3.

- Andrew really liked the idea about his Peter going through dark path the Gwen's Death and his Peter acting as middle brother to other Peters.

- Both Tobey and Andrew gave lots of good idea about their Peter's role, as many scenes are based on their ideas.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Should have shown scenes of Tobey's and Andrew's Spider-Men going home. Tobey to MJ and Andrew pops in just in time to meet Felecia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Should have shown scenes of Tobey's and Andrew's Spider-Men going home. Tobey to MJ and Andrew pops in just in time to meet Felecia.
    They might not want to limit any potential sequels.

If Tobey Peter back, and he and Mary Jane have a toddler, that could complicate the backstory of a Spider-Girl film a few years later.

A slight variation of this is that some critics complained about how they would have liked to see Miles Morales, but I suspect Sony doesn't want to introduce the character in the movies until they have a plan to make a lot of Miles-based movies in a quick period of time.

They don't want to introduce a twenty year old actor as Miles, and then not do anything with him for three years.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Some interesting BTS regarding

spoilers:

involvement of Tobey and Andrew in No Way Home.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...re-1235068153/

- Both Tobey and Andrew signed contract back in December 2020, even before the script was finished. According to writers, they are both enthusiastic regarding the role.

- Tobey wanted the film to keep information as minimal as possible regarding what happened to his Peter after the Spider-Man 3.

- Andrew really liked the idea about his Peter going through dark path the Gwen's Death and his Peter acting as middle brother to other Peters.

- Both Tobey and Andrew gave lots of good idea about their Peter's role, as many scenes are based on their ideas.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

Oh so they both signed on at the same time? That's good to hear. Some sources were claiming that Tobey was being a diva, wanted a bigger payout for coming back and was the last to sign on while Andrew signed on pretty quickly. Hence why the scene where Tobey comes in looks like it was shot much later and then edited to look like he was in the same room with Andrew, Zendaya, Jacob and the lady.

Do we know why the other Spider-men didn't want to do any red carpet stuff or promotion for the movie? There is all kinds of speculation but nothing official.

end of spoilers

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    spoilers:

Oh so they both signed on at the same time? That's good to hear. Some sources were claiming that Tobey was being a diva, wanted a bigger payout for coming back and was the last to sign on while Andrew signed on pretty quickly. Hence why the scene where Tobey comes in looks like it was shot much later and then edited to look like he was in the same room with Andrew, Zendaya, Jacob and the lady.

Do we know why the other Spider-men didn't want to do any red carpet stuff or promotion for the movie? There is all kinds of speculation but nothing official.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Probably Sony wanted to hide the information regarding involvement of Tobey and Andrew, so they instructed both of them not to appear in any promotion for the movie. Since return of both actors' versions of Peter is the biggest revelation for the movie, so Sony didn't want to spoil as much as possible.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The film makes it pretty clear that Peter x MJ (in whatever form MJ exists in) is the OTP of Spider-Man. That pairing crosses universes.

(Also, Felicia already appeared in TASM 2. That version would never get with Peter Parker. She was Harry's assistant, played by Felicity Jones.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 01-04-2022 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The film makes it pretty clear that Peter x MJ (in whatever form MJ exists in) is the OTP of Spider-Man. That pairing crosses universes.
    I can see why Mephisto wanted their marriage, OMD pisses off shippers in a multiversal level .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I can see why Mephisto wanted their marriage, OMD pisses off shippers in a multiversal level .
    Marvel should be embarrassed that they published that crap. They aren't at all, but they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    They might not want to limit any potential sequels.

If Tobey Peter back, and he and Mary Jane have a toddler, that could complicate the backstory of a Spider-Girl film a few years later.

A slight variation of this is that some critics complained about how they would have liked to see Miles Morales, but I suspect Sony doesn't want to introduce the character in the movies until they have a plan to make a lot of Miles-based movies in a quick period of time.

They don't want to introduce a twenty year old actor as Miles, and then not do anything with him for three years.
    I also would like to have seen exactly how those other movie universes were changed by these events though I understand why they might have left that alone.

I would also have liked to have seen the one missing live action Spiderman actor, Nicholas Hammond, from the short-lived 1970s Spiderman television show. But it was a horribly bad show and not just because of the limits of the special effects, Hammond is 70 years old now (though stuntmen and CGI could have taken care of that), and most people under the age of 50 wouldn't remember him.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel should be embarrassed that they published that crap. They aren't at all, but they should be.
    Dude, they non-ironically thought a second civil war was a good idea, and even made the character they were pushing as their answer to Wonder Woman its villain, shame gets you nowhere in this business .

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I also would like to have seen exactly how those other movie universes were changed by these events though I understand why they might have left that alone.

I would also have liked to have seen the one missing live action Spiderman actor, Nicholas Hammond, from the short-lived 1970s Spiderman television show. But it was a horribly bad show and not just because of the limits of the special effects, Hammond is 70 years old now (though stuntmen and CGI could have taken care of that), and most people under the age of 50 wouldn't remember him.
    If any other live action Spidey were to be included, it has to be Japanese Spidey .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Dude, they non-ironically thought a second civil war was a good idea, and even made the character they were pushing as their answer to Wonder Woman its villain, shame gets you nowhere in this business .
    That event has aged so well .

Late to the party, but finally watched. I prepped for the movie by re-watching the Fox Kids Spider-man cartoon, which also allowed me to catch up on the episodes in seasons 3 and 4 I missed when I went off to college. Turned out to be a surprisingly good primer for the movie.

It was a real crowd-pleaser. I haven't had such a nice experience watching a revival of old franchises in such a long time, maybe ever. I didn't have high expectations for the film when it was announced, but as the high grew, so did my expectations, and I'm happy to say the movie surpassed even my elevated expectations.

Astonishing Member

Tobey and Andrew could actually return in the future of MCU. I mean, three Spider-Men/Peter Parkers? That's kinda like Peter and his two clones (Ben Reilly and Kaine).