Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
Homecoming May was definitely better. I love her speech to Peter after he loses the suit. FFH May is a caricature by comparison. I feel FFH doubled down on everything I didn't particularly like in Homecoming.
She had more to do in Homecoming, mostly because Homecoming has the only section in either of the films where Peter cuts off from Tony Stark, so giving her stuff to do in the process.

I'm guessing she didn't trigger his spider-sense because Peter doesn't interpret her as a threat. His spider-sense didn't go off when Ned was in his room either. And FFH kinda argues he has to be in a certain mindset to pick up on it (which I also didn't like).
As long as Peter's fully alert (i.e. not in a state of anger or completely tired), the Spider-Sense should pick up anyone's presence who might discover his identity.

In the comics, the major instances of people learning Peter's identity by watching him change happens in specific conditions
-- In the retcon, Mary Jane admitted to seeing Peter rush to his room and leave it as Spider-Man on the night Ben died. Spider-Man hadn't decided to become a superhero, yet, until that point (so doesn't have an identity to defend) and also he's in adrenaline mode looking to find the burglar so he wouldn't pick it up.
-- The other instance is after fighting Morlun when Peter returns home completely exhausted and May stumbles on his outfit and puts it all together.

Aside from that the comics have generally been consistent about people not learning his identity by stumbling on to him. Especially the early issues which apparently these movies are trying to mimic (although I doubt anyone read those issues in depth).

One of the biggest pet peeves I have had with adaptations over the last decade or so and especially the Holland movies is that it makes Spider-Man an incompetent who can't protect his identity. That sucks.