Page 101 of 136 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2039
    Astonishing Member

Falcon Cap IMO is a very interesting character and can fill in for Steve Rogers for a while. It also looks like the MCU is setting up Kang as the major big bad before Doom, which makes sense given that Phase 3 ended with the introduction of time travel and the multiverse.

It kinda sucks that MCU Spider-Man is the way he is, because with Steve and Tony gone, and with the X-Men and the FF MIA, you can do Norman Osborn as an MU threat and have Spider-Man take him down, which Dark Reign didn't do.

Ideally if Spider-Man had to be introduced in the MCU and couldn't wait till the X-Men and the FF are introduced, it would have been cool if he kicked off Phase 4 or was at least one of the first films. How cool would it be if NWH was out first introduction to MCU Spider-Man? (it obviously wouldn't be a multiverse film).
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-20-2021 at 05:41 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Falcon Cap IMO is a very interesting character and can fill in for Steve Rogers for a while. It also looks like the MCU is setting up Kang as the major big bad before Doom, which makes sense given that Phase 3 ended with the introduction of time travel and the multiverse.
    I think Kang is poised to become what Loki was in the Infinity Saga. He's not the next Thanos in any sense. I doubt he would be the bad guy for Ant Man 3 if that was the case.

It kinda sucks that MCU Spider-Man is the way he is, because with Steve and Tony gone, and with the X-Men and the FF MIA, you can do Norman Osborn as an MU threat and have Spider-Man take him down, which Dark Reign didn't do.

Ideally if Spider-Man had to be introduced in the MCU and couldn't wait till the X-Men and the FF are introduced, it would have been cool if he kicked off Phase 4 or was at least one of the first films. How cool would it be if NWH was out first introduction to MCU Spider-Man? (it obviously wouldn't be a multiverse film).
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Instead of trying to out Ganke “Ned”, how about they just turn “Ganke” into Ned? They already did a Korean American version of the guy in the Spectacular animated series. . Maybe “Ganke” will have a journalism internship at the Daily Bugle or something…

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if Miles started just getting Peter’s stuff?
    I'd honestly laugh if they made Miles into a black washed Peter, would perfectly balance how Peter is a white washed Miles .

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Under Hickman, the F4 were at the center of Marvel's biggest event in the 2010s - SECRET WARS (2015).
    I'd say it's just Reed 'cause the rest of the team fucked off, but fair enough.

Avengers are a Tony and Steve short. Just as without Jim Morrison you don't have The Doors even if The Doors continued after him.

They're not gonna recast Tony and Steve Rogers for at least five or six years. Probably not even in a decade. They have Thor but he's not enough to have a team called The Avengers feel like the Avengers. Or do people think that Scott Lang's Ant-Man is gonna step up as team leader all of a sudden?
    Isn't Sam Cap now?

Spidey's also supposed to replace Stark but uh... Yeah that's probably only happening in the next decade with how the character is like, if even that soon .

So there's a vaccuum and none of the characters and stories announced can step in without pre-attached baggage. The Fantastic Four can play that role and obviously Doctor Doom is the next Thanos-level villain.
    Correct, they can, doesn't mean they will.

While we can make a million excuses about how much sense it makes for F4 to be at the center, the most important thing here is that MCU does whatever the hell it wants with the characters, whatever comic story and relevance matters little if they don't want to go into specific paths, if they want F4 to be their next big team, they can try, but if they don't want to, then F4 can just be the guys to setup some ****, if even that relevant.

Point here is that F4 aren't guaranteed to be the next big thing, specially when we only have speculations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

So what, would Norman debut as Iron Patriot here? If so, kinda funny a friend of mine suggested the same thing lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    Wouldn’t it be hilarious if Miles started just getting Peter’s stuff?
    They probably would just do what they're doing with Sam and Rhodey and just adapting the storylines they didn't get to do with the classic version with the successor.

The only Miles story that's worthy of a movie in my opinion (other than Spider-Men and all the Multiverse stuff) is his story with his uncle.
    I think Kang is poised to become what Loki was in the Infinity Saga. He's not the next Thanos in any sense. I doubt he would be the bad guy for Ant Man 3 if that was the case.
    It's just one variant of Kang though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Isn't Sam Cap now?
    He is, but his solo movie per Nate Moore (https://www.superherohype.com/movies...tain-america-4) is about how Sam wins over people as the New Cap (which I thought the miniseries was about but hey).

Spidey's also supposed to replace Stark but uh... Yeah that's probably only happening in the next decade with how the character is like, if even that soon .
    That's never actually gonna happen. And certainly not when Tom Holland is playing Peter.

While we can make a million excuses about how much sense it makes for F4 to be at the center, the most important thing here is that MCU does whatever the hell it wants with the characters, whatever comic story and relevance matters little if they don't want to go into specific paths, if they want F4 to be their next big team, they can try, but if they don't want to, then F4 can just be the guys to setup some ****, if even that relevant.

Point here is that F4 aren't guaranteed to be the next big thing, specially when we only have speculations.
    The fact is that MCU has generally aligned itself fairly well with the stuff in the comics. There are a myriad of endless changes people can jot down and point out but at the end of the day they land on their feet and the tendency in the MCU is if anything lapse back towards 616 as much as possible. WandaVision for instance essentially retconned MCU Wanda to be closer to the comics character (with a wide open backdoor-visible-from-space left to make her a mutant down the line). The F4 as a property and concept can help with the MCU expanding itself and opening up to new things, and the F4 also have a terrific Rogues Gallery that can open things up big, like Mole Man can help you bring in Squirrel Girl, Puppetmaster is a great villain, the Hate Monger can cross over with the X-Men and the Cap America side of things, and Galactus of course is Galactus. And hey Silver Surfer. And of course Doom.

Granted they have made some changes, like Eternals had a rather drastic heel turn among its cast, but I doubt Kevin Feige given a wide open canvas to introduce the F4 into the MCU and the chance to do it like it was originally in 616, would not go all in on them.

BANNED

So there are some new TV Spots that show extended versions of the stuff seen in the trailer and also some new bits of dialogue.

We get some Simmons Jonah goodness here, and more of Molina Ock (including a genuinely funny bit of dialogue on his reaction to the Iron Spider suit).

Extraordinary Member

New spots are amazing

They showed a bit too much of that Ock vs Peter fight at the bridge though

Astonishing Member

Doc Ock: Looks like we have competition.

I imagined a comment like that when Ock would see the mechanical arms of Iron Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Doc Ock: Looks like we have competition.

I imagined a comment like that when Ock would see the mechanical arms of Iron Spider.
    idk think ock ever faced Peter with the iron spider arms before. Maybe he commented on them when he was using Peter body?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    idk think ock ever faced Peter with the iron spider arms before. Maybe he commented on them when he was using Peter body?
    Pal, wrong continuity. We are talking about the live-action movies here, not the comics. This Doc Ock only had ONE struggle with Spider-Man, then he died after it. Since he survived here, he has never seen a Spider-Man as avanced as the Iron Spider.

"I'll need some help."

(Brings in his friends who have no significant value in terms of fighting or dealing with Supervillains or anything approaching what he's dealing with)

Yeah, that makes sense .

Mighty Member

Wonder if the next movie have Harry Osborn,Gwen stacy,mary Jane Watson,as well as the mcu version of Norman and ock?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "I'll need some help."

(Brings in his friends who have no significant value in terms of fighting or dealing with Supervillains or anything approaching what he's dealing with)

Yeah, that makes sense .
    Now's actually good time to ask why Spider-Man doesn't get real help? I mean why not call War Machine, Hulk, Ant-Man, and others to bail him out or have them intervene in a Multiverse shenanigan thing?

Even the whole identity reveal thing. Why is that have to be a big deal, can't they just ask Pepper to send a Stark lawyer to ensure Peter's fine and they have security and/or witness protection stuff to protect May and his friends while he continues as Spider-Man.

I get the real reason why...the Shared Universe doesn't actually exist meaningfully for Spider-Man, he exists for them...but it's stupidity like bringing his teenage sidekicks to a supervillain hunt that reveals the seams that show up in stories like this.

Now's actually good time to ask why Spider-Man doesn't get real help? I mean why not call War Machine, Hulk, Ant-Man, and others to bail him out or have them intervene in a Multiverse shenanigan thing?

Even the whole identity reveal thing. Why is that have to be a big deal, can't they just ask Pepper to send a Stark lawyer to ensure Peter's fine and they have security and/or witness protection stuff to protect May and his friends while he continues as Spider-Man.

I get the real reason why...the Shared Universe doesn't actually exist meaningfully for Spider-Man, he exists for them...but it's stupidity like bringing his teenage sidekicks to a supervillain hunt that reveals the seams that show up in stories like this.
    It has nothing to do with the Shared Universe, as this question can be applied to a lot of films post the first Avengers movie. From what I understand from the Spider-Man: Homecoming artbook and interviews that bring up why didn't X character call the Avengers it comes down to if overcrowding a scene, actor availability, and if this character appearing in this movie might mess with plans another writer has for said character.

A more recent example would be Peter not helping Sam and Bucky defend Manhattan in the last episode of Falcon and The Winter Soldier.