Page 120 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    They may as well just say "Michelle" is fake at this point if they're going to that extent. The name doesn't work as well otherwise other than keeping with that dumb reveal.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    agreed, I dont know why they didn’t say Mary Jane unless its some stupid Disney corporate policy that you can’t have any drug refernces in any of their films that they are forced to work around
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

The Powers That Be are getting better at scrubbing the illegal pirated clips of the movie off YouTube (still a few floating around on there). Yesterday it was crazy. I was actually surprised some were staying up so long. I spoiled a lot of it for myself…. I regret nothing.

spoilers:
    They may as well just say "Michelle" is fake at this point if they're going to that extent. The name doesn't work as well otherwise other than keeping with that dumb reveal.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Meh Michelle Jones Watson doesn't sound that bad. We just need her to pay homage to the name 'Mary Jane' at some point and we're in business
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    spoilers:
    Meh Michelle Jones Watson doesn't sound that bad. We just need her to pay homage to the name 'Mary Jane' at some point and we're in business
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It doesn't really fall off the tongue as well in my opinion. Of course, they're stuck with that name because of a "big reveal" that didn't really hit as well, so now she can never be called by her first name .
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I honestly think they're just waiting to see if Zendaya sticks around or not. If she doesn't, they can always say she wasn't Mary Jane. If she does, they will say her real name actually is Mary Jane. The whole thing is definitely clunky though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    spoilers:
    I honestly think they're just waiting to see if Zendaya sticks around or not. If she doesn't, they can always say she wasn't Mary Jane. If she does, they will say her real name actually is Mary Jane. The whole thing is definitely clunky though.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Why on earth would they make a whole trilogy to make a decision on whether to have an actor play a character based on whether or not they stick around for a second trilogy? LOL If the actor leaves, just recast! IT's not the end of the world! I really think they wanted to make a new character for this trilogy and they kind of realized it was a bad idea when everyone wanted and expected it to be the real MJ after Homecoming.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    spoilers:
    Why on earth would they make a whole trilogy to make a decision on whether to have an actor play a character based on whether or not they stick around for a second trilogy? LOL If the actor leaves, just recast! IT's not the end of the world!
    end of spoilers
    You're talking to the wrong person, lol.

Maybe there should be a thread to discuss those spoilers lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    spoilers:
    Why on earth would they make a whole trilogy to make a decision on whether to have an actor play a character based on whether or not they stick around for a second trilogy? LOL If the actor leaves, just recast! IT's not the end of the world! I really think they wanted to make a new character for this trilogy and they kind of realized it was a bad idea when everyone wanted and expected it to be the real MJ after Homecoming.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I'm pretty sure *somebody* in the chain of command didn't want her to be *the* Mary Jane. Holland calls her 'his' MJ. Watts referenced the 'you just hit the jackpot' scene when congratulating Holland and Zendaya on becoming an official couple and Zendaya certainly dresses like Mary Jane especially on the red carpet. It stinks of a compromise to me. Half the talent on this franchise wants and treats Zendaya like she is MCU Mary Jane but somebody higher up probably doesn't. Whether its because they don't want to reference the previous movies too much or somebody wasn't comfortable with the idea of a black Mary Jane or both remains to be seen.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Maybe there should be a thread to discuss those spoilers lol.
    whats wrong with this one
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Still processing it. But most of it was spoiled/leaked beforehand. Despite that, there were still a few surprises. What about Molina and Dafoe? Those guys pick up where they left off. Not an easy thing to do when almost 2 decades have passed. Dafoe especially brought MORE menace than he did in Raimi's films. Dude was frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    whats wrong with this one
    Well it can look a bit annoying for people who don't want to discuss spoilers, but more importantly, it's a pain to have to add [spoil] in messages so often .

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    I can't believe the MCU screwed over Aunt May to the bitter end .

Are we getting Peter Parker: Hobo next?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    her death, while glorious, does come across as fridging
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well it can look a bit annoying for people who don't want to discuss spoilers, but more importantly, it's a pain to have to add [spoil] in messages so often .
    thats true
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think most might be done. This whole field is a blank slate now with a solitary Spidey. Would Peter risk revealing his identity again? He realised at the end the importance of having a secret identity and that they were safe/happy not remembering. They always could bring her and Ned back, but I like what was set up here.
    end of spoilers