Page 121 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2039

Friendly reminder for all of you fans... Stay out of YouTube. There is shit load of videos spoiling everything, I mean everything, in the movie. The whole movie is basically there in few second/minutes clips.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Wait, so they say everyone who knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man jumps through the multiverse... but then where is Kirsten Dunst's MJ? Hmmn...
    end of spoilers

I was able to see the movie today, completely devoid of any spoilers besides assumptions that I'm sure we've all had, and it was a pretty amazing experience all around. I'd recommend it for everyone, since I haven't even checked the usual socials, but spoilers are very much rampant I'm sure. It was great, it's like the ultimate wish fulfilment for being a Spider-Man fan your whole life, it's that great.

When are we allowed a spoilers discussion thread anyway? Since it's seems this thread has become that.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    spoilers:
    Wait, so they say everyone who knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man jumps through the multiverse... but then where is Kirsten Dunst's MJ? Hmmn...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    For story purposes of course it had to be just the villains and Spider-Men, though really I'm really not sure what role she would have actually even served being in the story anyway, since the brutally honest truth is her character was the damsel in distress trope turned up to eleven. And now that you mention it, I'm actually not even sure why Eddie Brock got pulled into the MCU either, since Peter Parker apparently doesn't even exist in his world, so if the criteria to be pulled into the MCU is previous experience with Spider-Men, Eddie doesn't fit the bill. I also laugh at the fact that him getting into the MCU was just a giant tease, he never got the chance to interact with Peter, though he left a piece of the symbiote behind, so I guess once it makes its way to Peter, it'll make its way to the MCU's version of Eddie, who may or may not even be Tom Hardy.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Okay so Dafoe truly cemented himself as the GOAT Villain.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

My only query regarding Spider-Man moving forward is his villains. Will we see the MCU counterparts (essentially being the except type of villains?)
    A lot of Spideys “big” villains have been done. I assume the next highest would be Kraven?

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    My only query regarding Spider-Man moving forward is his villains. Will we see the MCU counterparts (essentially being the except type of villains?)
    A lot of Spideys “big” villains have been done. I assume the next highest would be Kraven?
    Yeah that is my question too. For the previous MCU movies they kept to the villains that weren't done previously in the other live actions movies, I can definitely see them do Kraven and then Scorpion since that was tease at the end of Homecoming, and the mid credit scene also leaves the possibility of another one. But after that, what else? Especially since he battles his famous rogues gallery in this one, I think they'll have to do the MCU versions of the iconic ones eventually like Doc Ock or Goblin, but I guess it adds a whole new dimension now that Peter would have already fought versions of those villains and has knowledge that would really change the dynamics of those villains and their introductions into the MCU, though for convenience sake they could erase that knowledge, though that would take away from an important story point. So yeah, who knows.

Astonishing Member

Not in the near future, I suspect. Perhaps next trilogy will feature villains like Fisk, Mr. Negative, Scorpion, Chameleon, Kraven, maybe Jackal, and also there probably will be familiar faces like Vulture and maybe even Mysterio. They have enough characters to use.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe, not in the trilogy after NWH IMO.

IMO as far as Green Goblin is concerned, there won't be a MCU version. Maybe Hobgoblin or something but not Norman. Dafoe has firmly established himself as the definitive version and one of the greatest comic book movie villains ever

I really don't think so. They don't want to do Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin or Spider-Man vs. Electro again.

Hobgoblin is a possibility, I suppose.

I really liked it. It's definitely my favorite of the Home trilogy.

In any of the previous movies I never really felt invested in Holland's Peter. But here I actually felt a connection with him and his problems. Despite this being sold as a multiversal epic, it's actually a personal story about someone trying to own his mistakes.

Astonishing Member

Maybe, maybe not. I’d say the chances are pretty much 50/50. But, I’d lean towards no, especially in the case of Dafoe Goblin who more or less fufills the role that a hypothetical MCU Goblin adaption would in that he’s the major nemesis that does a monstrous thing to Peter that forever changes his world. Judging from the leaks, which I won’t divulge here because spoilers the things that Dafoe Goblin does in this film to Peter makes me think it’d be pretty hard for another version of Norman topping that in subsequent films.

Also Kraven is getting his own solo film next starring Aaron Taylor Johnson in the role. So I would count him out of the running. I think they should do a smaller-scale Spidey and Daredevil team-up film.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-16-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’d say scorpion is the next biggest one. Plus you have Rhino and shocker who never really got a chance in their previous attempts.

Spidey still has enough ones worth doing that haven’t been done (or done properly) to cover at least 2 more trilogies easy imo

Astonishing Member

Based on the supposed ending, the next film has Kraven written all over it.