Page 123 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2039
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So a logical question...

spoilers:
    Does anyone think we'll ever get Spider-Man '07 and Spider-Man '14 comics now? Some of the allusions they made to Toby and Andrew's universes are interesting and I kind of want to see that explored via some comics - Toby Spidey's life as a father (May or Annie?) with MJ and maybe even a now heroic Doc Ock and recovering Norman and Marko reunited with his daughter, or Andrew's Spidey trying to learn to trust himself again with help from Max and Curt, maybe even revealing what happened with Haan's Goblin and his Sinister Six plan. I doubt movies will ever explore this so two ongoing digital comics that could even eventually team up for a crossover between them would be awesome and breath new life into those still beloved Spider-Men again.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    So a logical question...

spoilers:
    Does anyone think we'll ever get Spider-Man '07 and Spider-Man '14 comics now? Some of the allusions they made to Toby and Andrew's universes are interesting and I kind of want to see that explored via some comics - Toby Spidey's life as a father (May or Annie?) with MJ and maybe even a now heroic Doc Ock and recovering Norman and Marko reunited with his daughter, or Andrew's Spidey trying to learn to trust himself again with help from Max and Curt, maybe even revealing what happened with Haan's Goblin and his Sinister Six plan. I doubt movies will ever explore this so two ongoing digital comics that could even eventually team up for a crossover between them would be awesome and breath new life into those still beloved Spider-Men again.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I think they created new universes that spun out of the events of NWH. Like, Dafoe's Goblin still has to die for Doc Ock to exist in Spidey 2. This way it's all nice and neat. There are new universes based on those films where they all get a second chance. I wouldn't mind seeing Tobey going back home and playing with Mayday. But I really want to see Andrew going back to his world and meeting his MJ, since they made it very clear that he will be able to find love.
    end of spoilers

So a logical question...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Sony opening up the floodgates...
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

I've Just had a thought regarding the upcoming MCU based Spider-Man Freshman Year cartoon
    spoilers:
    With where Peter ends up in this movie...what is the point in trying to establish relationships that will clearly go absolutely nowhere?
    end of spoilers
    Don't get me wrong, it already was a limited hard sell to me just knowing it takes place before Civil War. (as in CLEARLY nothing of note could have happened before Tony Stark took interest)..but now it makes me think they should have set it after this movie even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I've Just had a thought regarding the upcoming MCU based Spider-Man Freshman Year cartoon
    spoilers:
    With where Peter ends up in this movie...what is the point in trying to establish relationships that will clearly go absolutely nowhere?
    end of spoilers
    Don't get me wrong, it already was a limited hard sell to me just knowing it takes place before Civil War. (as in CLEARLY nothing of note could have happened before Tony Stark took interest)..but now it makes me think they should have set it after this movie even more.
    spoilers:
    I guess it lends to the tragedy?

If anything it'll probably just be for MCU Uncle Ben.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    To me, nothing could be a BETTER SELL! No cringey Tony worship! No over-the-top suit gadgets! No cosmic villains! I think it’s generally agreed on that the over emphasis on Tony being like an Elon Musk father-figure to this Spider-Man is one of its biggest flaws. I’d like some down to Earth tales of Peter in that budget cloth outfit fighting muggers, carjackers and bank robbers. Make it grounded like the first half of ‘Kick Ass’ (minus the swearing, I guess).

I just left the theater. All I can say is "Wow!!!!" Spider-Man truly is the greatest super hero!
    Mutant and Proud!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    My only query regarding Spider-Man moving forward is his villains. Will we see the MCU counterparts (essentially being the except type of villains?)
    A lot of Spideys “big” villains have been done. I assume the next highest would be Kraven?
    Him, yes. But Chameleon and Scorpion need a shot. Likewise The Spider-Slayers too. Which they can tackle because they've set up JJJ now.

Astonishing Member

So a logical question...

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    That was what I was thinking leaving the cinema. Actually...

spoilers:
    I was hoping we would get two extra mid credits showing what happened with Tobey's Spidey and Andrew's once they returned to their respective universes. With Kirsten patching up Tobey as May (I'd have called her Anna May) is shown crawling on the ceiling. Meanwhile have Andrew's return and have him come across Woodley's MJ (perhaps using the footage from Amazing they cut out).

It would have hinted to the audience that, while Holland's Spidey is alone now, it won't be forever and that him and MJ may connect again in the future.

The Multiverse is a concept now. It's open to anything and everything. Sony seems dead set on having their own spider related universe going on, so why not utilize Tobey and Andrew again? Why not do a Spider-man 4 or an Amazing Spider-man 3? Then allow Holland to remain in the MCU. Everybody wins
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Nothing is guaranteed to end in the MCU. So that part of the story is likely to continue. One prediction...

spoilers:
    One film will end with Peter and MJ's reunion and the famous jackpot line.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    That was what I was thinking leaving the cinema. Actually...

spoilers:
    I was hoping we would get two extra mid credits showing what happened with Tobey's Spidey and Andrew's once they returned to their respective universes. With Kirsten patching up Tobey as May (I'd have called her Anna May) is shown crawling on the ceiling. Meanwhile have Andrew's return and have him come across Woodley's MJ (perhaps using the footage from Amazing they cut out).

It would have hinted to the audience that, while Holland's Spidey is alone now, it won't be forever and that him and MJ may connect again in the future.

The Multiverse is a concept now. It's open to anything and everything. Sony seems dead set on having their own spider related universe going on, so why not utilize Tobey and Andrew again? Why not do a Spider-man 4 or an Amazing Spider-man 3? Then allow Holland to remain in the MCU. Everybody wins
    end of spoilers
    I think we'll see more of them. Random guess.

spoilers:
    The cliffhanger of Across the Spider-Verse Part 1 will be the arrival of the live-action heroes.
    end of spoilers

I could also see why they might want to be vague about spoilers:
    what's happened to the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man. They don't want to write themselves into a corner in case they want to bring him back. If four year old Annie May is crawling on a ceiling, that may complicate efforts to introduce a Spider-Girl in two years set in that world.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Mister Mets; 12-17-2021 at 04:25 AM.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

spoilers:
    Despite really looking forward to this movie, I didn't expect it to actually be good, was glad to have been wrong. A few things
    -They did justice to all the villains. Flint and Otto's redemptions still stand, even the Max and Peter 3's relationship gets some good closure. Well Lizard was kinda a joke, but its hard not to make fun of his goal to turn everyone to lizards.
    -What happens to Rami and Webb's universes? Do everybody forget who their Peters are too? Plus all the villains are saved from their fates, so i imagine things will be very different
    -Strange is a massive dick here, loved MJ for calling him out on his hypocrisy, basically said what a lot of us were probably thinking. Kinda glad Wong got his job. The bit about calling back the colleges was hilarious though.
    -So uncle Ben is mentioned a lot but not MCU Ben. If it weren't for the prequel animated series, I'd say it'd be better to not mention him going forward, since they may have waited too long to address his role in Peter's life. Not a criticism, different iterations are allowed to focus on different things.
    -Despite having a lot else going on, Holland's Spider-man really shines here and is the most interesting he's ever been. We see some classic elements to him that he's noticeably been missing, like Parker luck and being hated by the media, but in a fresh new way.
    -Loved how the OG Spiderman villain was THE villain of the movie, already cementing his role as MCU Peter's archenemy. I'm actually very interested in seeing MCU Peter meeting the MCU Osborns. He'll already be deeply biased, and looks like he may need a new best friend.
    -I hope Ned and MJ come back and recover their memories eventually but I don't mind giving them a break so as to give the ending a sense of consequences.
    -So thats what Tom Hardy's visit to the mcu lead to, weird but ok.
    end of spoilers
    overall i give it a 5/5 (edit: changed my mind after a second viewing, giving it a higher score, my be my favorite SM movie.)
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 12-19-2021 at 06:03 PM.

I think this is the most sarcasm I've ever heard from Hollands' Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

spoilers:

I think I’ve seen all the Andrew/Tobey scenes. First of all, Andrew gives some of the best acting performances in the film. His scenes are chock-full of emotion and he almost upstages Tom in his own movie.

Second, as great as Andrew’s performance is, Tobey’s seems the exact opposite. He basically sleepwalks through the role. Never felt any emotion behind his performance. Felt like Andrew was there because he wanted to be there, and Tobey just wants to cash a check.

Tom also gave a good performance, fwiw.

end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    spoilers:

I think I’ve seen all the Andrew/Tobey scenes. First of all, Andrew gives some of the best acting performances in the film. His scenes are chock-full of emotion and he almost upstages Tom in his own movie.

Second, as great as Andrew’s performance is, Tobey’s seems the exact opposite. He basically sleepwalks through the role. Never felt any emotion behind his performance. Felt like Andrew was there because he wanted to be there, and Tobey just wants to cash a check.

Tom also gave a good performance, fwiw.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought Tobey was fine for the most part but I agree with you about Andrew. I really wish he had been in some good movies when he was playing Spidey because he was genuinely fantastic in NWH. Personality wise, I always thought he was the best Peter/Spidey and I'm glad he really got to show his stuff here
    end of spoilers