Page 132 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136 LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by The Agent of Chaos View Post
    And speaking of set-up, do you think they just set-up Spider-Girl with this movie?

In MU2, Peter got crippled by Norman, retired, and Mayday took up the mantle. We know that the original Peter and MJ are together, Norman stabbed Peter and possibly crippled him. We know that Sony wants female Spider-people like Silk and Jessica.
    The timing would work out incredibly well. Spider-Man 3 was 2007. If Peter and MJ had Mayday in, say, 2009, they could make a Spider-Girl movie in 2024 and have her as a sophomore in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I would also have liked to have seen the one missing live action Spiderman actor, Nicholas Hammond, from the short-lived 1970s Spiderman television show. But it was a horribly bad show and not just because of the limits of the special effects, Hammond is 70 years old now (though stuntmen and CGI could have taken care of that), and most people under the age of 50 wouldn't remember him.
    If Lynda Carter can cameo in Wonder Woman 1984, there's no reason Nicholas Hammond couldn't cameo here. It's weird that many superhero actors from the 1970's are still so well spoken of (Christopher Reeve and Lou Ferrigno as well), but Hammond doesn't nearly get that kind of respect.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Late to the party, but finally watched. I prepped for the movie by re-watching the Fox Kids Spider-man cartoon, which also allowed me to catch up on the episodes in seasons 3 and 4 I missed when I went off to college. Turned out to be a surprisingly good primer for the movie.
    First time we saw multiple Spider-Men from other realities meet, I believe, was on that cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    The timing would work out incredibly well. Spider-Man 3 was 2007. If Peter and MJ had Mayday in, say, 2009, they could make a Spider-Girl movie in 2024 and have her as a sophomore in high school.

If Lynda Carter can cameo in Wonder Woman 1984, there's no reason Nicholas Hammond couldn't cameo here. It's weird that many superhero actors from the 1970's are still so well spoken of (Christopher Reeve and Lou Ferrigno as well), but Hammond doesn't nearly get that kind of respect.

First time we saw multiple Spider-Men from other realities meet, I believe, was on that cartoon.
    I looked it up and the Hammond series was distributed by Sony and produced by Columbia. So they could have brought him in. One issue might have been that there were no prominent villains from that show and certainly none people would remember. As I said, most people under 50 would have no awareness that the show even existed.

At least Dr. Strange stated that there are infinite realities out there, which I took to mean that any and all versions of Marvel exist.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That event has aged so well .
    Yeah, like rotten milk lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Quick question- how does Peter 1 lose the integrated suit for his final scrap with Norman on the Cap shield?
    MY POWERS HAVE RETURNED TO ME!! I HAVEN'T LOST THEM!! I'M STILL SPIDER-MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Quick question- how does Peter 1 lose the integrated suit for his final scrap with Norman on the Cap shield?
    it wasn't really broken to my knowledge just some wear and tear from fighting. maybe he broke it down to sell some of its tech for cash
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spider Sense is Tingling Dangerous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    it wasn't really broken to my knowledge just some wear and tear from fighting. maybe he broke it down to sell some of its tech for cash
    I’ve only seen the film twice, I think I’m getting confused by a pre release screenshot in empire magazine that showed Tom crouching before his final Goblin fight, in the FFH suit without the gold spider on his chest. EDIT- yea it was CG’d on in post production by the looks of things.
    Last edited by Dangerous; 01-09-2022 at 03:02 PM.
    MY POWERS HAVE RETURNED TO ME!! I HAVEN'T LOST THEM!! I'M STILL SPIDER-MAN!

Astonishing Member

Finally saw the film a second time. My opinion still stands that it's a good film and one I will go back to, but it's not ITSV or Endgame-level quality as it was marketed. I wouldn't even say it's as emotionally fulfilling as those two. To an extent, the word "overhyped" is applicable.

It's on par with Homecoming, but not as in poor taste and with more service. Which makes it more enjoyable than Homecoming. Probably the only MCU Spider-Man film I will go back to.

I’ve seen this movie 6 times already. (I saw Into the Spiderverse 11 times). I can say this is the best Spiderman movie outside of animation. More enjoyable than the Avengers movies, that’s if you’ve seen all 3 Spiderman incarnations. That’s the key, and they pulled it off extremely well. Needless to say, I will be seeing it again.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Finally saw the film a second time. My opinion still stands that it's a good film and one I will go back to, but it's not ITSV or Endgame-level quality as it was marketed. I wouldn't even say it's as emotionally fulfilling as those two. To an extent, the word "overhyped" is applicable.

It's on par with Homecoming, but not as in poor taste and with more service. Which makes it more enjoyable than Homecoming. Probably the only MCU Spider-Man film I will go back to.
    I think it's far better than Endgame, which really was a bloated mess on rewatch. This film was much more tightly structured and had more payoff, though of course it's all subjective at the end of the day. It's probably in my top 3 MCU films. I do agree that it's not as good as ITSV, or other top CBMs such as Logan and TDK.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

I can't help but feel I'm noticing a pattern that most people who says things like this are also the same people who constantly bashed MCU Spider-Man.
    Hitop films being a great example.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Finale! It opened here on Jan 8 and I got home just minutes ago from watching it. I was spoiled that Ned's Lola spoke in Tagalog (which had the theater here cheering, Yehey!—that's Tagalog for Yipee, Woohoo, etc.) but not the scene in particular. Hope Ned translated it sufficiently for you guys.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I think it's far better than Endgame, which really was a bloated mess on rewatch. This film was much more tightly structured and had more payoff, though of course it's all subjective at the end of the day. It's probably in my top 3 MCU films. I do agree that it's not as good as ITSV, or other top CBMs such as Logan and TDK.
    I think part of why I don't find it as emotionally resonating as Endgame is that NWH, for all its strengths, feels like a setup film. This is essentially the MCU recalibrating its Spider-Man from the Quesada take on Spider-Man (a young caricature, dumbed-down, indifferent to socioeconomic issues) to the classic Lee/Ditko/Romita take. And while that's a good thing and Peter's arc in this film makes sense, even earned, this is arguably where we should have been from the beginning. You get to the end and it's more like the frustration is over. It would be like if Iron Man had his IM1 character arc for the first time in Endgame.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 01-13-2022 at 07:10 AM.

I think part of why I don't find it as emotionally resonating as Endgame is that NWH, for all its strengths, feels like a setup film. This is essentially the MCU recalibrating its Spider-Man from the Quesada take on Spider-Man (a young caricature, dumbed-down, indifferent to socioeconomic issues) to the classic Lee/Ditko/Romita take. And while that's a good thing and Peter's arc in this film makes sense, even earned, this is arguably where we should have been from the beginning. You get to the end and it's more like the frustration is over. It would be like if Iron Man had his IM1 character arc for the first time in Endgame.
    It really isn't.
    All that happened is one chapter of Peter's life is over and a new one is starting, especially when so many of the things you're saying never applied to MCU Peter he was never a caricature, nor was he ever dumbed down, and this film was only one part of his development continuing from the previous 2.

Watched the movie today.

The sense of humor is crap, as always, probably the worst thing about it.

After Strange does the spell, the movie is just a boring fetch quest for a while, once all the villains are gathered, the movie improves, and after that, it's surprisingly cool, and I'm not even saying "cool by MCU's standards".

So yeah, was fun, might be worth a rewatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

The No Way Home script is available online in anyone wants it.
    https://deadline.com/2022/01/spider-...ay-1234919630/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets