Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136
Results 2,026 to 2,039 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    "Has to do with Spider-Man I think" is comparable with "Somehow Palpatine returned", and that's not something I say lightly.

Anyways, I haven't been checking out this place lately, do y'all know if Holland signed a new contract to stay as Spider-Man, if he's leaving, or nothing has happened yet?
    Nothing official has been announced but such a thing could come at any time.

Don't suppose the deleted scenes ever showed up on YouTube or whatnot did they? I live in the UK, so though I would be willing to pay for the blu-ray in order to see the deleted scenes, Disney has not seen fit to release them in this region, so there is no point in me buying the blu-ray.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

This movie was so strange, and I don’t mean doctor. I was sort of getting Superman vibes from our boy Pete, and that speech from aunt may, but he was a monumental screw up who couldn’t do anything without his friends or his tech. I’m really not sure if I liked Pete or not. I’m still watching the movie, but I have to wonder which of our three spiders will be my favorite when this is over. Also, how did sandman know about Osborn and Octavius from the other dimension? This Parker is pretty smart, but I can’t remember if the other two ever displayed that level of intelligence.
    He may have been my least favorite spider man originally, but Tobey was my favorite here. And while amazing spider man 2 was my favorite movie, Andrew kind of left me flat. And I’m still not sure how I feel about Tom. I’m still not sure which spider man was my favorite representation.
    Last edited by protege; 04-11-2022 at 07:03 PM. Reason: C

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Also, how did sandman know about Osborn and Octavius from the other dimension?
    At best he should know about Otto, and we have to assume that authorities recognized his face (Since he did public attacks without a mask), but yeah, Norman being GG is not something the public would know, since the whole situation was private.

This Parker is pretty smart, but I can’t remember if the other two ever displayed that level of intelligence.
    When watching the movie, I remember being really weirded out when Tobey says he was thinking of a way to cure Norman for years, while he is said to be smart, I don't remember the movies showing that he had that much intelligence, plus in the movies I don't think he even learned of the Goblin Serum, though he could always have investigated Oscorp and found out about it, but it's most likely a plot hole like Sandman knowing more than he should, and Electro knowing his Spidey's secret identity at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

At best he should know about Otto, and we have to assume that authorities recognized his face (Since he did public attacks without a mask), but yeah, Norman being GG is not something the public would know, since the whole situation was private.

When watching the movie, I remember being really weirded out when Tobey says he was thinking of a way to cure Norman for years, while he is said to be smart, I don't remember the movies showing that he had that much intelligence, plus in the movies I don't think he even learned of the Goblin Serum, though he could always have investigated Oscorp and found out about it, but it's most likely a plot hole like Sandman knowing more than he should, and Electro knowing his Spidey's secret identity at all.
    Oh yeah, I forgot that sandman was from the same universe as the other two. My spider men are running together. But it occurs to me, what happened to Otto and Norman after they were cured? Did Tobey’s spider world get altered?
    Last edited by protege; 04-11-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Someone at IGN wanted to get on the villain guessing game.

Does Kevin Feige or Marvel Studios eventually reveal easter eggs like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post

Eventually...or he just leaves it up to fans.

Could be. Course, it could be possible that after Harry died, Peter, at least, might've learned more details from the little lab Norman had in his house (he did learn about it when fighting Harry, after all). Of course, we can only guess what was left or if he would've been able to access any of the materials or information, but that would be a logical explanation for how he had a place to start in regards to thinking of a cure.

Oh yeah, I forgot that sandman was from the same universe as the other two. My spider men are running together. But it occurs to me, what happened to Otto and Norman after they were cured? Did Tobey’s spider world get altered?
    My understanding is that, with the Raimi and Webb movies retconned into the MCU as alternate and variant universes, per the multiverse rules from Loki (and indicated in Avengers: Endgame), the original timelines remained intact and removing and sending everyone back deposited them in a branching off timeline. So, when Raimi Peter went back, from his perspective, nothing would've changed, since each reformed villain ending up in their own splinter timeline.

So, long story short, it's basically yes and no; history was changed for each character, but the original timeline was "backed up" and still happened.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Tobey-Peter had more science smarts and quipping than the original version. Not that it was a bad thing.

I saw a theory that Electro overheard Gwen calling Peter by name, and he could've reached into electronic devices/Internet info that allowed him to put two and two together before seemingly dying. Same guy, or maybe another, stated that maybe Norman's secret was leaked after Harry died.

It might've created alternate timelines where each of them was cured at a different moment all of a sudden, or maybe the cures created paradoxes that destroyed Raimi's and Garfield's timeline, one or the other .

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post

Huh, if that last one is actually Madame web from Venom's universe, wonder if it means she'll be a mix of Julia and Cassandra, or maybe Cassandra is in this and Julia gets the role.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Could be. Course, it could be possible that after Harry died, Peter, at least, might've learned more details from the little lab Norman had in his house (he did learn about it when fighting Harry, after all). Of course, we can only guess what was left or if he would've been able to access any of the materials or information, but that would be a logical explanation for how he had a place to start in regards to thinking of a cure.
    That'd make sense more sense, and also explain why Spidey doesn't mention a way to cure Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Tobey-Peter had more science smarts and quipping than the original version. Not that it was a bad thing.
    It's kinda like the Covergence event back in DC before Rebirth happened, where the gathering from different eras had noticeable plot holes for the readers who actually know what happened in those eras.

Granted, it's not nearly as bad as the plot holes in Convergence, but it can still feel weird, Maguire Spidey in particular feels like an asspull for him to know how to cure Norman, Sandman too to a certain extent, but at least with a still living Sandman at the end of Spidey 3 can mean he could find a way to cure Sandman eventually, and, well, we'd have to assume Sandman went back into villainy for Maguire to even want to cure him...

I saw a theory that Electro overheard Gwen calling Peter by name, and he could've reached into electronic devices/Internet info that allowed him to put two and two together before seemingly dying. Same guy, or maybe another, stated that maybe Norman's secret was leaked after Harry died.
    Stuff like that could at least have throwaway lines if they're gonna say it happened, back when the villains were all gathered would work perfectly.

Electro's is kind of a stretch too, if he knew who Spidey was during the final battle but says nothing, but maybe if his power can make him gather info on the internet, he might've learned who Spidey is, but the information isn't something he consciously remembered, but just knowing it means that he got teleported anyways, which, could work, it's basically what happened with Brock, since when Venom shared the knowledge from the multiversal symbiote hive mind, Brock and Venom must've learned Peter is Spidey (Likely from Spider-Man 3's Venom, and that's assuming the Venom symbiote didn't just get it from, literally every version of Venom), and got teleported despite not even knowing who Peter or Spidey are.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Spectacular Member

The one who made the cure for Sandman was the MCU Tom Spider-Man, not Tobey, which makes sense wince he used tecnology Stark to create the cure for him.

As for Tobey, honestly it makes sense, it fits Peter's character, the regret of not finding another way to save Norman, and later Harry, he could have easily found out about the Goblin serum after Harry's death, specially since it would be public knowledge Harry died helping Spider-Man fight Sandman and Venom, it's in Peter's character to feel regret over past mistakes and often think about it, could have studied just in passing the Goblin serum, trying to think of how he could have done better and possibly could do in the future, so now he got the opportunity to fix it, and finally save Norman the right way.

New timelines were created. Norman went to a new timeline. Otto went to a new timeline. All the villains who were cured went to a new timeline where they were cured. Tobey and Andrew's Peters returned to their original worlds, which continued on as normal.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

So what's the added content to the re-release? Not BTS I assume?

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1535441078060474368

You wanted more Spidey and you got it! ������ #SpiderManNoWayHome: The More Fun Stuff Version swings into movie theaters in the US and Canada September 2! More countries to be announced soon!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    So what's the added content to the re-release? Not BTS I assume?

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1535441078060474368

You wanted more Spidey and you got it! ������ #SpiderManNoWayHome: The More Fun Stuff Version swings into movie theaters in the US and Canada September 2! More countries to be announced soon!
    Maybe it'll be like the Endgame rerelease and they'll tack a couple of bonus featurettes after the movie is done?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)