Page 2 of 136 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Well now I can finally rest knowing this will be called the Home Trilogy.
    yeah, and I'm glad they're being consistent with it. The fact that the first movie in the dark knight trilogy is called Batman Begins instead of The Dark Knight Begins, had always bothered me way more than it should.

Astonishing Member

I think the way Spider-Man has been portrayed in the past five films has left a bad taste in my mouth to the point that I can't get excited for this. This might sound extreme, but I don't think I even have it in me to see this in theatres. It's not a hate thing or a boycott thing, I'm just feeling emotionally out of it after five films and since Far From Home especially.

At this point I only see myself seeing it under one of three conditions:

1. A lot of people I know and trust love it and advise me to go see it.

2. The rumors of Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield coming back are true.

3. One of the guest stars is Deadpool, and he spends the film poking fun at all the things I dislike about MCU Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 02-24-2021 at 08:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think the way Spider-Man has been portrayed in the past five films has left a bad taste in my mouth to the point that I can't get excited for this. This might sound extreme, but I don't think I even have it in me to see this in theatres. It's not a hate thing or a boycott thing, I'm just feeling emotionally out of it after five films and since Far From Home especially.
    I didn't see any of the MCU Spider-Man in theaters either.

This one, pandemic permit all of us to make a choice to boycott it, because who knows if theaters will survive the aftermath.

3. One of the guest stars is Deadpool, and he spends the film poking fun at all the things I dislike about MCU Spider-Man.
    Same, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    God I have absolutely no interest in this failure of a franchise. Hopefully this will be the last MCU Spider-Man movie.
    You're allowed to dislike this version of Spider-Man and the franchise. But saying that it is a failure is straight up denying facts.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Overall I’ve enjoyed MCU Spider-Man so far and I don’t expect NWH to change that.

As for what the thread is really about, the title. It's fine. Homeworlds would've been much better. But then again, we don't really know much about plot. Mostly just unconfirmed rumours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    The title implies that there is no way back...5 appearances in movies with Tony Stark driving the narrative (even beyond the grave) it's too late.
    LOL.

Seriously I always wonder how much disney or feige knew about the character of spiderman, they did overplay the tony stark narrative a lot though. as much as I am against the multiverse and everyone coming back from the sony films. that should be more tolerable to watch than more tony stark legacy spiderman films.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The end of this movie will have Peter put his secret identity under wraps again, but the price of that is that everyone who knew Peter across the trilogy (Happy, Ned, Michelle, May, Pepper Potts, SHIELD, the Avengers) will also forget he's Spider-Man.

He will not be remembered in-universe as the kid Tony Stark thought as his protege, he will be seen as Spider-Man, one of those minor Avengers who was there, I guess, in the big rumble against Thanos.

Peter will also destroy all the stuff Tony Stark/Iron Man gave him to leave no traces and end the movie creating his own version of a working suit, restored to factory defaults and shuffle off to college. While there he'll meet a familiar face, Liz Toomes, who's dating Harry Osborn, and Flash.

So yeah, "no way home".
    Wait, are you been sarcastic? I know many spiderman fans tell smart jokes about their disdain for tony stark's and avengers presence and influence in Spiderman's life?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    You're allowed to dislike this version of Spider-Man and the franchise. But saying that it is a failure is straight up denying facts.
    No it is not a failure, look at the box office. However I think some people here may be in their mid 30s or even 40s. their thinking is a lot different. they don't measure success or failure by box office, they measure it more by artistic achievement and creative input that pays off.

It is quite easy to dismiss MCU Spiderman as nothing more than a Disney mass manufacturing product making money. a far cry form the first series were it was about sam raimi a successful talented director making a movie where his creative input paid off.

Think of it like Star Wars sequel trilogy, that entire trilogy is a failure even though it still made bank.

BANNED

Sorry to break the news but deadpool won't show up. Of all the kid-friendly franchises, It is save to say that Spiderman, Ant-Man and GOTG are the most kid friendly. Thor is also heading in that direction. MCU is trying to contain deadpool to 1 movie, because he is an R character, I don't think they will just let him show up in their most kid-friendly spaces.

The make or break of this film is the multiverse story telling. if this film can even execute half of how Into the Spiderverse did it. it should be better than the last 5 films, at least you would be getting something different than tony stark is here again.

BANNED

It's this exact forum that reminds me how real gate keeping is.

Wow... maybe it’s because I don’t get out much on movie forums, but I’m surprised so many people don’t like the MCU Spider-Man. I love him and hope he’s here to stay! We just rewatched Far From Home a few nights ago.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Sorry to break the news but deadpool won't show up. Of all the kid-friendly franchises, It is save to say that Spiderman, Ant-Man and GOTG are the most kid friendly. Thor is also heading in that direction. MCU is trying to contain deadpool to 1 movie, because he is an R character, I don't think they will just let him show up in their most kid-friendly spaces.

The make or break of this film is the multiverse story telling. if this film can even execute half of how Into the Spiderverse did it. it should be better than the last 5 films, at least you would be getting something different than tony stark is here again.
    The Deadpool thing was a half-joke. I know he isn't actually in it.

I'm going to keep an open mind and don't mean to come off cynical, but as of know I think we have some good reasons to believe that things will not fundamentally change with MCU Spider-Man.

The first is that the best predictor of future events are past ones. If after five films the same creative crew hasn't made any significant changes, it's not likely they will do so. If anything, the success of the past five films with Spider-Man in it is more likely to get them to rationalize their creative choices as a net positive. Claims of how "things will be different this time" should always be taken with a grain of salt, especially during a film's promotional year.

The second is that MCU Spider-Man has primarily gotten by on novelty. Both Spider-Man films had the novelty of introducing Spidey in the MCU and being direct sequels to big events. Now that that is out of the way and Spider-Man being in the MCU has become the "norm", they had to find another novel concept to keep this franchise going. If they're indeed doing Spider-Verse and maybe bringing the other two actors back, that's arguably a further sign that the core problems with this franchise will continue even if the details change (i.e. he might have a different mentor this time). When I say that, I'm not even accounting for Doctor Strange's presence in the film and Benedict Cumberbatchs star power, which are also pretty novel things this film has going for it.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 02-25-2021 at 08:46 AM.

BANNED

This sounds like nothing but downplaying how and why the movies have gotten the good reception they have because you don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Wow... maybe it’s because I don’t get out much on movie forums, but I’m surprised so many people don’t like the MCU Spider-Man. I love him and hope he’s here to stay! We just rewatched Far From Home a few nights ago.
    The MCU films are a very different take on Spider-Man and his world. It isn't shocking that there are plenty of people who aren't wild about them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    This sounds like nothing but downplaying how and why the movies have gotten the good reception they have because you don't like them.
    Is this addressed to me?

I'm curious how you arrived at this conclusion when the first point I made is how unlikely things are to change partly due to the films' successes. That sounds as literally the opposite of what you're suggesting.

But it's easier to make blanket dismissals than to try to be objective, right?
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 02-25-2021 at 09:38 AM.

BANNED

Is this addressed to me?

I'm curious how you arrived at this conclusion when the first point I made is how unlikely things are to change partly due to the films' successes. That sounds as literally the opposite of what you're suggesting.

But it's easier to make blanket dismissals than to try to be objective, right?
    I question in what way it's not downplaying the success by saying the movies have done well because of novelty.
    And when you're saying stuff like that don't talk to me about blanket statements