Page 20 of 136 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I may be late to this discussion, but is anyone not interested in Tobey and Andrew appearing? Not saying they will be. I'm cautious about theories now!

Personally, I'm not into them coming back.
    If they want to bring Tobey and Garfield to kill either of them off, or make jokes at their expense, then no I don't want them back. And that goes for both. I may prefer Tobey over Garfield and feel that Garfield was miscast, but either way both are excellent actors who put a lot of work in that role and they deserve to be treated with respect.

I'd like a small scene showing Tobey and Kirsten Dunst's Mary Jane with a little Mayday or little Annie at a family table as Tom Holland stumbles in and out of an AU and passes through. Even if it's a minute, I'd like an epilogue showing they worked out fine. And maybe Garfield as a High School Professor dedicating the Gwen Stacy Memorial Library.

I'd settle for just that and I want nothing else.

I'm just hoping the Multiverse aspect is, honestly, not that major a part of the movie.

If they really got Maguire and Garfield it's going to be for more than a blink and you miss it cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    If they really got Maguire and Garfield it's going to be for more than a blink and you miss it cameo.
    This is why I wish they weren't in the movie to begin with (if they even are).

Ultimate Member

I just don't get how they'll square off the ages of the same character in different universes.

Plus, why at all? This Spidey has his own storyline.

Astonishing Member

I just don't get how they'll square off the ages of the same character in different universes.
    If it happens (and at this point I'm assuming it won't happen minus maybe a quick cameo from Tobey and Andrew), it will likely be a generational story with Holland playing the young Spider-Man under 20, Garfield playing 'Prime Spider-Man' (20s-30s), and Maguire playing the 40+ Spider-Man who is past his prime but still kicking ass.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    If it happens (and at this point I'm assuming it won't happen minus maybe a quick cameo from Tobey and Andrew), it will likely be a generational story with Holland playing the young Spider-Man under 20, Garfield playing 'Prime Spider-Man' (20s-30s), and Maguire playing the 40+ Spider-Man who is past his prime but still kicking ass.
    I know, I just don't get how someone can be born 10 or 20 years earlier in a different universe.

Plus, why at all? This Spidey has his own storyline.
    He has Iron Man's storyline.

I know, I just don't get how someone can be born 10 or 20 years earlier in a different universe.
    We see this in the comics all the time. Like with Mayday's world, for example. Hell, the age of the Spider-Gwen cast don't align with Peter and his cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This is why I wish they weren't in the movie to begin with (if they even are).
    Honestly, I'd rather just close out this incarnation of Spider-Man and move on to something else. If they want to make a big high-five with fan service to the other movies? So be it.

But I saw the "Marvel wants to do more, and include Miles in the YA" rumors swirling around, and I groaned.

Ultimate Member

He has Iron Man's storyline.
    Haha, he does a bit, but I think that's less so in NWH

Ultimate Member

Honestly, I'd rather just close out this incarnation of Spider-Man and move on to something else. If they want to make a big high-five with fan service to the other movies? So be it.

But I saw the "Marvel wants to do more, and include Miles in the YA" rumors swirling around, and I groaned.
    What's wrong with Miles?

What's wrong with Miles?
    They took Miles' best friend and gave him to Peter.

(It would mean the deal continues and I'm so tired of MCU Spider-Man.)

Haha, he does a bit, but I think that's less so in NWH
    It shouldn't have taken to the third movie to get a Spider-Man movie that doesn't revolve around Tony Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just hoping the Multiverse aspect is, honestly, not that major a part of the movie.
    Yeah, my interest was at an inverse in that the more I heard about doing the multiverse the less interested I got.