Page 21 of 136 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

So maybe August for a trailer? still a lot of time to go. at least there's time for reshoots.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They took Miles' best friend and gave him to Peter.

(It would mean the deal continues and I'm so tired of MCU Spider-Man.)
    It shouldn't have taken to the third movie to get a Spider-Man movie that doesn't revolve around Tony Stark.
    I didn't see why they had to take Miles' friend or make both villains tied to Tony.

I do like many elements of MCU Spider-Man

BANNED

It shouldn't have taken to the third movie to get a Spider-Man movie that doesn't revolve around Tony Stark.
    Neither of the first two did, but I see being disingenuous is easier than being accurate
    They took Miles' best friend and gave him to Peter.

(It would mean the deal continues and I'm so tired of MCU Spider-Man.)
    Miles takes literally everything from Peter, but no one cares about that

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Miles takes literally everything from Peter, but no one cares about that
    Well, yeah, because he's based on him. That's like saying War Machine takes everything from Iron Man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Well, yeah, because he's based on him. That's like saying War Machine takes everything from Iron Man
    Difference is War Machine isn't pushed as an alternative/replacement to Iron Man instead it's understood he's a member of Iron Man's supporting cast.
    Miles is constantly pushed as either Peter's replacement or as a second Spider-Man to follow and what is the point of the character if he's just gonna do the same stuff Peter did, while constantly cribbing from Peter's supporting cast and Rogue's gallery?

Ultimate Member

Difference is War Machine isn't pushed as an alternative/replacement to Iron Man instead it's understood he's a member of Iron Man's supporting cast.
    Miles is constantly pushed as either Peter's replacement or as a second Spider-Man to follow and what is the point of the character if he's just gonna do the same stuff Peter did, while constantly cribbing from Peter's supporting cast and Rogue's gallery?
    War Machine doesn't have his own rogues gallery either.

I get wanting Miles to be independent, but frankly, there are way more heroes than villains in the comics, so every hero having their own unique rogues gallery isn't always feasible

Plus these characters have been around for 60 years, At some point they'll be replaced in some capacity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    War Machine doesn't have his own rogues gallery either.
    I just said he's not meant to
    I get wanting Miles to be independent, but frankly, there are way more heroes than villains in the comics, so every hero having their own unique rogues gallery isn't always feasible
    What kind of excuse is that?
    If there's nothing unique about Miles why should he even exist?

Ultimate Member

I don't think Miles isn't unique. He's not the same personality as Peter. He's just part of Peter's universe.

And maybe some people like seeing a new personality in the same already built up world.

Honestly I'm not sure what you're complaining about. Miles has been a success in and out of the comics

BANNED

What personality?
    He's as bland as stale bread.
    And Miles success hinges on the fact he coasts on the Spider-Man name they take that away from him he sinks like a rock.
    Last edited by Jewel Runner; 03-11-2021 at 09:58 AM.

If Marvel and Sony part ways on Spider-Man, Sony is totally retooling the live action films to focus on Peter and Miles (and probably Gwen).

Neither of the first two did, but I see being disingenuous is easier than being accurate
    Peter's motivation in Homecoming was to impress Tony Stark. Peter's motivation in the second film was to honor Tony Stark's legacy.

The Vulture and Mysterio were originally motivated by their enmity toward Tony Stark. It was just Spider-Man that got in their way.

Need I go on?

Ultimate Member

What personality?
    And Miles success hinges on the fact he coasts on the Spider-Man name they take that away from him he sinks like a rock.
    I guess I'll have to disagree.

BANNED

What personality?
    This is not Miles Morales you described. LOL

Not only is he not bland, he is swag, fun, compassionate, caring and very relatable.

Miles Spiderman personality from Spiderverse has been the best Spiderman personality since Spiderman 2004.
    Last edited by Castle; 03-11-2021 at 10:32 AM.

Mighty Member

He's unique enough that Peter needed to take stuff from him in the MCU...

BANNED

Peter's motivation in Homecoming was to impress Tony Stark. Peter's motivation in the second film was to honor Tony Stark's legacy.

The Vulture and Mysterio were originally motivated by their enmity toward Tony Stark. It was just Spider-Man that got in their way.

Need I go on?
    This is exactly what I mean about being disingenuous you just cut out everything else that happened to help your narrative.
    Peter's motivations in the first film was that Vultrue and his gang were selling dangerous weapons, impressing Tony was far from his main motivation it would've been nice perk but it wasn't in any way the only reason he pursued Vulture, in Far From Home Peter's entire motivation is the fact his class trip has been hijacked and now his friends are in danger thanks to his life as Spider-Man, Peter struggles with the pressure people are placing on him to be a hero like Tony was but it's 100% not what his motivation is.
    Then Vulture is motivated simply to get money for his family, dude hardly even thinks about Tony during HC, and Mysterio is a crazy person motivated by his own vanity and need for fame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    He's unique enough that Peter needed to take stuff from him in the MCU...
    I question how Ganke somehow makes Miles unique.
    Fat best friend isn't even a unique trope
    Last edited by Jewel Runner; 03-11-2021 at 10:17 AM.