Page 22 of 136 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    This is exactly what I mean about being disingenuous you just cut out everything else that happened to help your narrative.
    Peter's motivations in the first film was that Vultrue and his gang were selling dangerous weapons, impressing Tony was far from his main motivation it would've been nice perk but it wasn't in any way the only reason he pursued Vulture, in Far From Home Peter's entire motivation is the fact his class trip has been hijacked and now his friends are in danger thanks to his life as Spider-Man, Peter struggles with the pressure people are placing on him to be a hero like Tony was but it's 100% not what his motivation is.
    Then Vulture is motivated simply to get money for his family, dude hardly even thinks about Tony during HC, and Mysterio is a crazy person motivated by his own vanity and need for fame.
    Even Walter White admitted he did what he did because he wanted to.

(Edit: It's also funny to see someone go on this long spiel about how Tony Stark actually isn't the primary motivating factor for the hero and villains of MCU Spidey, but then turn around and proclaim how boring and pointless Miles Morales is.)
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 03-11-2021 at 10:20 AM.

Ultimate Member

Besides, does Peter have that exaggerated swagger?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Even Walter White admitted he did what he did because he wanted to.

(Edit: It's also funny to see someone go on this long spiel about how Tony Stark actually isn't the primary motivating factor for the hero and villains of MCU Spidey, but then turn around and proclaim how boring and pointless Miles Morales is.)

Nice to see you really have nothing to say.

Nice to see you really have nothing to say.
    What I'm saying is your argument is "Tony Stark is actually not the primary motivating factor in those movies" doesn't exactly work when the emotional climax of Homecoming was Peter declining Tony's offer of Avengers membership after he saved Tony's stuff from being stolen without the handy suit Tony made for him (as Tony had thrown the "you're nothing without the suit" insult that Captain America said to Tony in the first Avengers movie to Peter).

And one of the big scenes of Far From Home was Happy Hogan watching Peter building a new suit out of Tony Stark's lab, and Happy clearly thinking about Tony Stark as he watches Peter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    He's unique enough that Peter needed to take stuff from him in the MCU...
    And I don't think it would have mattered if Peter is not so attached to Tony Stark but yeah , even now I still feel spiderverse may be the biggest game changer Spiderman movie because it proved a Spiderman film does not need peter parker as lead to be good.
    However MCU has told us that spiderman films cannot be possible without having some tie in to something else. This is a big drop in the Spiderman universe story telling.

Peter stanning for a billionaire is also super gross.

BANNED

True and like his song's theme says with some of the lyrics.

Wealth and fame, He ignores.

Ultimate Member

I can see that as being questionable. At least he would challenge Tony on his corporate connections.

BANNED

What I'm saying is your argument is "Tony Stark is actually not the primary motivating factor in those movies" doesn't exactly work when the emotional climax of Homecoming was Peter declining Tony's offer of Avengers membership after he saved Tony's stuff from being stolen without the handy suit Tony made for him (as Tony had thrown the "you're nothing without the suit" insult that Captain America said to Tony in the first Avengers movie to Peter).

And one of the big scenes of Far From Home was Happy Hogan watching Peter building a new suit out of Tony Stark's lab, and Happy clearly thinking about Tony Stark as he watches Peter.
    You're just proving my point, you keep cutting out everything else that happened in the movies just to say it all revolved around Tony
    Oh so Peter isn't allowed to look up to and respect people

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Besides, does Peter have that exaggerated swagger?
    I feel like you're referencing that meme from Miles' game, but I do feel like MCU Spidey is missing that confidence and sass that defines the Spider-Man persona.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    True and like his song's theme says with some of the lyrics.

Wealth and fame, He ignores.
    That's why I didn't like the scene of him accepting the award with Aunt May.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like you're referencing that meme from Miles' game, but I do feel like MCU Spidey is missing that confidence and sass that defines the Spider-Man persona.

What award?
    That was a donation for homeless people

Ultimate Member

Haha, yeah, I was referencing the meme.

You're just proving my point, you keep cutting out everything else that happened in the movies just to say it all revolved around Tony
    There's what a story's about, and what a story's REALLY about. And yes, there's a difference.

BANNED

There's what a story's about, and what a story's REALLY about. And yes, there's a difference.
    So yes there's a difference between what was in the movie and what you cut out and ignored to make your narrative

These movies focus on how awesome being Spider-Man is, and it really robs the character of the stuff that made him work so well for so long. That sense of loss, of trying to rebuild his life after everything goes wrong. It makes the movies seem... vapid...