Page 25 of 136 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    A large chunk of Spider-Man's villains only tried to kill him because he got involved and in their way.
    Not seeing how this is any different
    Right, in comics and most media portrayals they were doing whatever they were doing and Spider-Man interfered (Much like Vulture in the MCU). MCU Mysterio got involved with Spider-Man because of EDITH, it wouldn't have mattered if Peter was Spider-Man or not, what mattered to him was Tony Stark giving EDITH to an unprepared child. I get the idea he would have went after Pepper if EDITH was given to her, as Spider-Man specifically didn't seem to matter to him. Beck was pretty content when he got those glasses, Peter/Spider-Man would have just been collateral damage. Even wiping out witnesses I get the impression it didn't matter who (i.e. if MJ didn't show Peter what she found, Peter wouldn't really have been in danger...MJ however...she's dead meat)
    Last edited by Mistah K88; 03-11-2021 at 01:06 PM.

BANNED

And if Peter wasn't Spider-Man she wouldn't have been around to find part Mysterio's device because she was snooping in on him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    A large chunk of Spider-Man's villains only tried to kill him because he got involved and in their way.
    Not seeing how this is any different
    Not in his own book. This hardly happens. most of his villains have a personal vendetta against him. Looks like Jewel Runner and Mik may be deja vuing me. It feels as if I was talking to the same person.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Not in his own book. This hardly happens. most of his villains have a personal vendetta against him. Looks like Jewel Runner and Mik may be deja vuing me. It feels as if I was talking to the same person.
    I thought you were ignoring me.

A possible look at the new costume:

He's got that Tony Stark gold.

Jokes aside, I think this suit was one of the concept designs for the Far From Home suit in the artbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    He's got that Tony Stark gold.

Jokes aside, I think this suit was one of the concept designs for the Far From Home suit in the artbook.
    I've seen some speculation the gold is to contrast with the traditional colors of the other Spider-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A possible look at the new costume:

feels like they took one of the concepts from endgame and brought it back
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

"He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Ultimate Member

One thing i like is how many different Spider-costumes we've gotten so far. Idk how this specific one would fit into NWH

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    One thing i like is how many different Spider-costumes we've gotten so far. Idk how this specific one would fit into NWH
    I kind of dislike that, though. It's like their treating Spider-Man's suit as disposable and easily replaced.

Like, he only just gets the FFH suit at the end of that movie and now they're already promoting the next big thing.

And now he has, what, 8-9 costumes just hanging around?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I kind of dislike that, though. It's like their treating Spider-Man's suit as disposable and easily replaced.

Like, he only just gets the FFH suit at the end of that movie and now they're already promoting the next big thing.

And now he has, what, 8-9 costumes just hanging around?
    I guess you could see it like that. I thought it made him stand out a bit more. I suppose he has extra costumes in case one gets damaged

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I guess you could see it like that. I thought it made him stand out a bit more. I suppose he has extra costumes in case one gets damaged
    I just don't feel like he needs a long backlog of costumes.

To be fair, he probably does use them for a lot of stuff we don't see. We see one event every couple of years in the movies. That's plenty of off screen time for fights we don't see. Iron Man changed suits with every movie too, and bear in mind most of Peter's MCU suits are based on the high-tech Iron Spider costume, just retaining more of the design from the classic one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be fair, he probably does use them for a lot of stuff we don't see. We see one event every couple of years in the movies. That's plenty of off screen time for fights we don't see. Iron Man changed suits with every movie too, and bear in mind most of Peter's MCU suits are based on the high-tech Iron Spider costume, just retaining more of the design from the classic one.
    And that's part of the problem! He's Spider-Man, not Iron Man.