Page 32 of 136 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Why do idiots do this? They always get caught and now his career is 100% over.
    Might be he got fired and he decided to do this as a "f--k you" on the way out. That I can respect, in theory.

Anyone remember how pissed Spielberg was about the “dancing Russian” in ‘Kingdom of the Crystal Skull’ leaking plot details, that he removed his entire scene?
    With the way MCU does things and all their composites and so on, Feige and others can literally remake the movie any time during post.

This trailer leak is just nothing to look at with all this bizarre CGI crap.

Mostly though it does seem a lot of the press hoopla about multiverse was accurate after all.

Astonishing Member

Leaked pictures also.

Astonishing Member

I don't mean this in a bad way, but I got OMD vibes from watching that trailer. Particularly the part where Strange talks about everyone forgetting Peter's identity and Peter not wanting MJ to forget.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I don't mean this in a bad way, but I got OMD vibes from watching that trailer. Particularly the part where Strange talks about everyone forgetting Peter's identity and Peter not wanting MJ to forget.
    Damn, you got a point. That's a plot point straight out of OMD.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean it's stupid, I could never understand but hey atleast we got a look.
    But for real, it's not worth it for that guy.
    The guy is a woman, her name is literally over the whole trailer as a watermark that was put in so that Marvel Studios could trace where the leak comes from. As she knew about the watermark there's no way that she deliberately leaked this, so somebody hacked her phone or her kids got a hold of it. Guess that won't help her much in keeping her job though.
    Last edited by chicago_bastard; 08-23-2021 at 01:21 AM.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

BANNED

I feel Marvel is overhyping this film, with all the secrecy and the multiverse connected stuff, which of course they are banking on to be the main draw. Unfortunately, I feel they are setting themselves up for a high table they cannot stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Might be he got fired and he decided to do this as a "f--k you" on the way out. That I can respect, in theory.

With the way MCU does things and all their composites and so on, Feige and others can literally remake the movie any time during post.

This trailer leak is just nothing to look at with all this bizarre CGI crap.

Mostly though it does seem a lot of the press hoopla about multiverse was accurate after all.
    Bizarre CGI CRAP? oh dear, if this is true, then the actors from the Raimi Cast now on this movie deserve better than that. Did Feige ever care to watch Spiderman 2 to know how to use VFX in movies that rightfully wins you an Oscar for Best VFX in 2005.

Mighty Member

It was about time we got a trailer. The overhyped nature of just... rumours was making me start to hate the Movie before it came out. It was cute back in May/June, it's tedious in August.
    Just say "Yeah, we're doing this" instead of going "Maybe *wink* *wink*"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Damn, you got a point. That's a plot point straight out of OMD.
    1) The concept of using Dr. Strange to make everyone forget Peter's identity was inherent to the foundation of the story since the post-credits trailer of FAR FROM HOME, and not necessarily an OMD thing.

2) If we want to be pedantic, it was OMIT and not OMD that established that Strange made everyone forget Peter's identity because OMD simply made that as a condition to Mephisto's bargain.

3) OMD and OMIT as I established here was always about ending the marriage. The original concept didn't involve Peter's identity being exposed and that was added a good while afterwards.

I'd also argue that while Peter wanting MJ to remember his identity has some parallels, it doesn't mean remotely the same thing because these two only started dating at the end of FFH. So it's not a deep relationship in screen terms.

Likewise, there's no reason to permanently attach the plot concept of Peter's identity being exposed to his relationship status. David Michelinie more or less came up with the plot beats of Peter's identity being exposed in a rejected pitch in the late-90s (which in my view was repurposed without credit by Tom Brevoort and others). Michelinie didn't intend to any marriage or change anything with that. You can have and enjoy the identity drama without giving any credit to OMD and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Bizarre CGI CRAP?
    I meant in the sense of process...so the trailer has shots of renders and proto-VFX stuff there without the final work baked in. So you don't know remotely what it's supposed to look like, at the end.

Did Feige ever care to watch Spiderman 2 to know how to use VFX in movies that rightfully wins you an Oscar for Best VFX in 2005.
    I am sure they watched Spider-Man 2 loads of times. But watching something isn't the same as knowing how to do stuff.

Feige as a producer tends to maximize efficiency so that means invest a lot in second-unit, pre-viz, and behind-the-line stuff so that makes MCU movies same-y looking a lot of the times.

Mighty Member

Nah, that's how the film looks. They run out of budget trying to get Tobey in for his cameo (and I mean literally cameo, they bought a few seconds of him from the app).

Update---

basically the vfx artist sold it to a twitter scooper and put his name on the trailer as well. Then the twitter guy shared it with some friends, one of whom shared it with someone else who leaked it
    So she didn't even leak it a friend of a friend did. You know she is fired.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Nah, that's how the film looks. They run out of budget trying to get Tobey in for his cameo (and I mean literally cameo, they bought a few seconds of him from the app).
    So many questions:

1) How do you know this?

2) What do you mean by "the app"?

To be honest I'd be happy if Tobey has a simple cameo and they don't do an "arc" for him (mostly likely as the next substitute daddy for Tom Holland to cling to, and performing the Mentor role and dying).

As long as it's a cameo of him appearing once or twice that doesn't change anything from the Raimi movies I'd be fine.

I am not at all in the mood for Tobey's Spider-Man dying or somehow being denigrated on-screen (a la those Slott Spider-Verse take on the Amazing Friends) in any way that might suggest (even potentially) that Tom Holland is somehow the inheritor or that Raimi's Spider-Man must die for the MCU Spider-Man to live or that Tobey's Spider-Man dying proves Holland's was the real one all along.

I got no time for any of that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    So many questions:

1) How do you know this?

2) What do you mean by "the app"?

To be honest I'd be happy if Tobey has a simple cameo and they don't do an "arc" for him (mostly likely as the next substitute daddy for Tom Holland to cling to, and performing the Mentor role and dying).

As long as it's a cameo of him appearing once or twice that doesn't change anything from the Raimi movies I'd be fine.

I am not at all in the mood for Tobey's Spider-Man dying or somehow being denigrated on-screen (a la those Slott Spider-Verse take on the Amazing Friends) in any way that might suggest (even potentially) that Tom Holland is somehow the inheritor or that Raimi's Spider-Man must die for the MCU Spider-Man to live or that Tobey's Spider-Man dying proves Holland's was the real one all along.

I got no time for any of that.
    1. I know some things. Problems in production etc, why do you think it's taking so long for an official trailer?
    2. The Cameo app, you can pay famous People to say something for 15 minutes. I heard that Tobey was doing it through there, I don't know if he has as official profile there, but I heard rumblings it was in his contract due to some "situations".

I also heard a lot of what Andrew does was written for Tobey, but due to a Hellish development, they were given to him.

Astonishing Member

1. I know some things. Problems in production etc, why do you think it's taking so long for an official trailer?
    2. The Cameo app, you can pay famous People to say something for 15 minutes. I heard that Tobey was doing it through there, I don't know if he has as official profile there, but I heard rumblings it was in his contract due to some "situations".

I also heard a lot of what Andrew does was written for Tobey, but due to a Hellish development, they were given to him.
    Wouldn’t surprise me. Tobey is a notorious jerk (and Andrew is supposed to be super nice by all accounts).

BANNED

That makes sense. There might also be pity, since Tobey got three movies while Andrew Garfield didn't get his trilogy. (Though at least Garfield got to lead his films unlike Tom Holland).

Wouldn’t surprise me. Tobey is a notorious jerk (and Andrew is supposed to be super nice by all accounts).
    Only around the poker table (based on one gossipy rumor book I might add).

But Maguire is otherwise a fairly decent collaborator on film production. I've never heard any stuff about him being hard to work unlike say, Christian Bale (who had public rows with film production personnel recorded on camera).

Besides even this is all based on rumors, and Maguire might not want to inconvenience himself given the COVID stuff and so on.

And remember, nice guy Andrew Garfield cheated on Emma Stone during the production of Scorsese's Silence.

Yeah, surely a washed-up actor who hasn't starred in a major movie since 2013 is causing a 200 million+ movie to run out of budget.

And of course a big Hollywood studio producing a 200 million+ movie will rely on said washed-up actor to do his scenes over an app like every random Joe could instead of filming him on set. Will Marvel at least send him a suit to wear for the scenes or is Tobey going to sew it himself?
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.