Page 33 of 136 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    The guy is a woman, her name is literally over the whole trailer as a watermark that was put in so that Marvel Studios could trace where the leak comes from. As she knew about the watermark there's no way that she deliberately leaked this, so somebody hacked her phone or her kids got a hold of it. Guess that won't help her much in keeping her job though.
    I was using guy as a term for a person regardless of gender here.
    Yeah, unless it's a really good reason she fired.Even if she didn't leak it she still recorded it so....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Yeah, surely a washed-up actor who hasn't starred in a major movie since 2013 is causing a 200 million+ movie to run out of budget.

And of course a big Hollywood studio producing a 200 million+ movie will rely on said washed-up actor to do his scenes over an app like every random Joe could instead of filming him on set. Will Marvel at least send him a suit to wear for the scenes or is Tobey going to sew it himself?
    Tobey doesn't want to do Spider-Man again, but apparently Kev offered him a nice sum of money. Covid tore things up again sadly. I've heard rumours that it's not much different to the original Raimi costume. Apparently they bought a Halloween outfit as a reference.

-Leaked trailer at least put some of my fears at ease. LMAO I never expected them to do a quasi adaptation of OMD.

-Dr Strange is a better team up for Spider-Man than Iron Man. I've enjoyed some of the Spidey/Strange team ups in the past. Should be fun in the MCU. But I'm slowly getting sick of the team ups. I hope the next Spider-Man isn't a cross over at all.

Astonishing Member

I'm curious if it's really the exact same Raimiverse and Webbverse that MCU Spidey is travelling to, or just universes extremely similar to them? Things like GG and Ock being alive and Electro having yellow lightning make me question if it's not one of those universes where just one or two decisions were different. (Yeah, I know Alfred Molina said he's playing the same version, but that's not really a full giveaway - Tom Hiddleston played two different versions of the same version of Loki, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I also heard a lot of what Andrew does was written for Tobey, but due to a Hellish development, they were given to him.
    I hope this is true. Andrew Garfield is the most interesting question mark going in for me. We already know what Tobey and Tom's Spider-Men are like under a good script and no studio shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    To be honest I'd be happy if Tobey has a simple cameo and they don't do an "arc" for him (mostly likely as the next substitute daddy for Tom Holland to cling to, and performing the Mentor role and dying).

As long as it's a cameo of him appearing once or twice that doesn't change anything from the Raimi movies I'd be fine.

I am not at all in the mood for Tobey's Spider-Man dying or somehow being denigrated on-screen (a la those Slott Spider-Verse take on the Amazing Friends) in any way that might suggest (even potentially) that Tom Holland is somehow the inheritor or that Raimi's Spider-Man must die for the MCU Spider-Man to live or that Tobey's Spider-Man dying proves Holland's was the real one all along.

I got no time for any of that.
    If anything, you can play each actor's weakness to their advantage by doing this. Holland's version's need for a mentor immediately works better if he is looking up to an older version of a Spider-Man that doesn't share his portrayal problems, and Tobey's version's quiet nature as Spider-Man makes more sense if he is playing an older, jaded Parker.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 08-23-2021 at 12:31 PM.

I have some qualms about the MCU Spider-Man but I'm sure looking forward to a film that is willing to go to crazy places.

Good to see Molina again, if we get Dafoe I'll be in heaven.

It's out.

finally looks like Strange couldnt handle the power of the spell and mess with the multiverse
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Seems they're going all in with OMD here. Okay, so it seems that what the movie is all about. Ha, maybe it will be a meta critique on how we shouldn't screw up certain timelines.

Totally freaked out seeing the end of the trailer. I was actually hoping that there'd be more of that in this.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

The pumpkin bomb and Ock were the best part of the trailer for me. It does make me wonder how it seems that everything Mysterio was said was just taken at face value. No "Mr. Strange?"

So far, the most important comic book source appears to be One Moment in Time.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    -Leaked trailer at least put some of my fears at ease. LMAO I never expected them to do a quasi adaptation of OMD.

-Dr Strange is a better team up for Spider-Man than Iron Man. I've enjoyed some of the Spidey/Strange team ups in the past. Should be fun in the MCU. But I'm slowly getting sick of the team ups. I hope the next Spider-Man isn't a cross over at all.
    What were your fears?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Seems they're going all in with OMD here. Okay, so it seems that what the movie is all about. Ha, maybe it will be a meta critique on how we shouldn't screw up certain timelines.

Totally freaked out seeing the end of the trailer. I was actually hoping that there'd be more of that in this.
    I really can’t believe I’m excited for a movie that’s taking inspiration from One More Day.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I really can’t believe I’m excited for a movie that’s taking inspiration from One More Day.
    Quoted for truth bro!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

They’re going with one ASPECT of OMD, and not the aspect of it everyone hates.

Trailer was okay, I guess. Seems like this movie will be ‘Spider-Man: Fan Service’ more than ‘Into the Spider-Verse.’ Nothing made me that hyped tbh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    If anything, you can play each actor's weakness to their advantage by doing this. Holland's version's need for a mentor immediately works better if he is looking up to an older version of a Spider-Man that doesn't share his portrayal problems, and Tobey's version's quiet nature as Spider-Man makes more sense if he is playing an older, jaded Parker.
    The point is I don't want any of that.

Can't they have Tom Holland Spider-Man be Spider-Man without shafting previous versions for him? Oh yeah, I forgot dude can't be a leading man on his own two feet so that's how it is.

As for the released trailer...

-- Doctor Strange looks weird, kind-of uncanny valley and seeing Cumberbatch's Strange be so pally around Peter doesn't jive with his established characterization in his solo, Thor Ragnarok, and the IW/Endgame movies where he's a standoffish dude.
    -- Hearing the trink-trink of the Pumpkin bomb...now that's nostalgia for me. Seriously the sound effect of the pumpkin bomb bouncing around was aces in SM-1. I liked that they recreated that in the SM-1 Video Game and it was great (esp. the playable goblin sections). Hopefully there aren't any cheap gags about his costume or meta-humor about it.
    -- Molina looks odd, it feels like they CGI de-aged his face and it doesn't look finished. It might be the real Molina under makeup and the lighting is bad, that can also apply.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Trailer was okay, I guess. Seems like this movie will be ‘Spider-Man: Fan Service’ more than ‘Into the Spider-Verse.’ Nothing made me that hyped tbh.
    Same here. If this were "Spider-Man: Fan Service" I'd be fine but if these guys plan on doing dramatic stuff and so on (which of course inevitably they will do...i.e. kill off one of the three spiders, or either Tobey or Garfield--Holland I think will be safe), I don't know I'd want to see that.

It will smack off them shafting a previous version to boost up Tom Holland and I will always have a problem with that.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 08-23-2021 at 07:38 PM.