Page 34 of 136 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I really can’t believe I’m excited for a movie that’s taking inspiration from One More Day.
    Seems more One Moment in Time than One More Day specifically.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Seems like this plot is happening because Dr Strange and Peter are just stupid
    Or more like arrogant and naive . Dr Strange never should’ve excepted to do that and if Peter could’ve just told his his friends and May he was Spider-Man after the spell. Lol

Astonishing Member

The other thing that bothers me is the catalyst for all this is Peter acting selfish and Dr Strange being irresponsible with his spells.
    So that means they’ll be indirectly responsible for all the civilian deaths that follows.

I have too many bad memories about OMD and OMIT to ever be impartial to this.

Of all the things Marvel could have adapted for Spider-Man, they chose OMIT.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The other thing that bothers me is the catalyst for all this is Peter acting selfish and Dr Strange being irresponsible with his spells.
    So that means they’ll be indirectly responsible for all the civilian deaths that follows.
    I mean this Peter's dated this version of MJ for what a few weeks/months and he's been Spider-Man for about 2-3 years tops, so emotionally there's not a lot at stake anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I get that. Obviously Quesada and others will give self-congratulatory interviews where they go, "everyone hated that story but now here we are the movie taking from it" and so on, so I suggest you brace yourself and prepare yourself.

The concept of erasing memories of a romance from a love interest goes back to SUPERMAN II, and also HEAVEN CAN WAIT the Warren Beatty-Julie Christie movie, and others like it.

OMD was about ending the marriage and that's not remotely an aspect that applies here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I really can’t believe I’m excited for a movie that’s taking inspiration from One More Day.
    Me neither. Then again, a lot of that excitement boils down to the continuity-erasing aspects of One More Day being adapted to MCU Spider-Man.

It would be hilarious if the Post-NWH Spider-Man is more like the Pre-OMD Spider-Man, since the current Pre-NWH Spider-Man is more like the Post-OMD Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Seems more One Moment in Time than One More Day specifically.
    I mean, OMIT is to OMD what the Delta variant is to Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The point is I don't want any of that.
    That's fair. I'm just happy we are getting at least one (if not two) versions of a Spider-Man that actually feels like Spider-Man. Initially I wasn't even expecting one, lol.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 08-23-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Seems like this plot is happening because Dr Strange and Peter are just stupid
    Or more like arrogant and naive . Dr Strange never should’ve excepted to do that and if Peter could’ve just told his his friends and May he was Spider-Man after the spell. Lol
    I mean Doc should have told him before.Both are stupid here.
    I really am hyped but peter entire thing is responsibility so this ending better be bleak as f*ck and the next trilogy gets a mature Peter with a kind of reset button on the identity.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Me neither. Then again, a lot of that excitement boils down to the continuity-erasing aspects of One More Day being adapted to MCU Spider-Man.

It would be hilarious if the Post-NWH Spider-Man is more like the Pre-OMD Spider-Man, since the current Pre-NWH Spider-Man is more like the Post-OMD Spider-Man.
    Fr fr.
    More mature and responsible Peter in the MCU please.
    Homecoming did great w/ that.FFH kinda ruined it and NWH doesn't seem to be better.

I like when Dr Strange and Peter do team-up. I grew up with the Raimi movies. I don’t need a great movie, an average one will do. I want fan service and a lot of fun. No way I can remain calm hearing Dafoe’s laughter and seeing Molina’s Octopus. I’m going to watch this film in a movie theather no doubt
    Last edited by Chubistian; 08-23-2021 at 08:17 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I mean, OMIT is to OMD what the Delta variant is to Covid.

GOD TIER BURN!!!

This is the single greatest post on CBR. Rest of us officially suck!

Thoughts:

- That is kind of a quintessential Peter and Mary Jane moment at the beginning with Peter and Michelle. All she needs is red hair and the real name.

- They've been so flippant with Peter's secret identity that I'm glad they're treating his identity getting outed seriously and there is actual consequences to it for his friends and family. Is there any reason he wouldn't want to get it back? Of course then they bring up how difficult it is to maintain a double life. I kind of hope they don't just undo the undoing because Peter learned a lesson because I feel like the point should be that he needs both Spider-Man and Peter Parker instead of being just another MCU hero who is a hero pretty much all the time.

- Aunt May facing charges for being Peter's aunt is probably the most serious thing they've done with her in this entire trilogy and I'm not sure they're really going to do much with it.

- That head that reminds Peter of Dr. Strange looks oddly enough like Mephisto. And then they go into the mindwipe and we get into OMD territory.

- Strange in the Cloak in casual clothes is...something. Looks like he and Wong were on an ice mission together.

- I don't know how I feel about Strange going through with the spell even when Wong advises him not too. It seems too flippant of him, especially compared to how he'd been depicted before and he knows how dangerous magic can be. And, obviously, it goes wrong and potentially sets up the Multiverse of Madness as much as Sylvie did.

- So I guess Peter has to deal with telling his core supporting cast he's Spider-Man again...although he just morphs into costume in broad daylight like Spider-Iron Man so it doesn't seem like he cares about keeping his identity anymore otherwise.

- This looks to get as trippy as a Spider-Man/Dr. Strange team-up should get.

- So we have an Electro shock, a storm of Sandman (?), a Pumpkin Bomb with that distinct Willem Dafoe laugh, and obviously Molina as Doc Ock...although at the same time, as great as the nolstalgia is, why is it so hard for Holland to get his own villains? They're either motivated by Tony Stark or hand-me-downs from other Spider-Men.

- I guess Peter brings the Iron Spider suit out because he needs to be bulletproof. Can he just stick to one costume for once? And not be bulletproof? Or like transforming into a costume in one second? It just really takes me out of it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - That is kind of a quintessential Peter and Mary Jane moment at the beginning with Peter and Michelle.
    Yeah.

- So we have an Electro shock, a storm of Sandman (?), a Pumpkin Bomb with that distinct Willem Dafoe laugh, and obviously Molina as Doc Ock...although at the same time, as great as the nolstalgia is, why is it so hard for Holland to get his own villains? They're either motivated by Tony Stark or hand-me-downs from other Spider-Men.
    [sotto voce] Dude can't carry his own film so he needs external connections to create a connection with audience.

I will say that I will forgive the movie a great deal if it allows Dafoe to produce a vicious and dangerous Goblin who kills people in multiple digits and whales on Spider-Man.

---

My wonder about this kind of project is that on one hand it potentially cements Tom Holland Spider-Man as the "true" Spider-Man by cannibalizing the previous Spider-Man movies' assets, and creates a potential context and situation of him triumphing or winning at the end might have a propaganda sign that he's the best or true Spider-Man...which to me stinks.

At the same time it basically confirms Tom Holland Spider-Man as incapable of commanding his own films. If you look at the Bond films, it's not a case that Daniel Craig needed Pierce Brosnan or George Lazenby or Connery to be shot down or team-up to prove himself as *the* Bond.

Ultimate Member

Honestly just going by this trailer, I want his identity to stay public. It feels like it’s leading to actual growth.

And if they erase MJ, May, and Ned’s monitors of it by the end, I’ll be really annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

At least we won't have to expect bricks and pigeons in this one, and missed a wedding.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    At least we won't have to expect bricks and pigeons in this one, and missed a wedding.
    Actual footage of Quesada narrating OMIT to Marvel: