Page 51 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    They pretty much were trying to hand all that over to Peter and every Miles fan that brought it up were essentially silenced underneath the MCU fanbase.

Which is why I am SO GLAD that Into the Spider-Verse happened, to introduce everyone to Miles and is arguably the greatest Spider-Man movie of all time. It took Miles up a notch and more people notice that kind of stuff now and don't treat Miles like an afterthought in it.
    Spider-man 2 is the greatest Spider-man movie.ITSV may be a better movie(not imo), but it's not the best Spider-man movie.

And MCU Peter is like Miles, ITSV Miles is very different from comics Miles.So really, a different character disguised as Miles is great, Miles is still mediocre at best.

And as Peter fan, keep Miles and his stuff to him.Don't want it, Peter has so much stuff in both quantity and quality over him and it's a shame they are using his stuff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    IMO the whole excited kid who looks up to other superheroes as mentors and wants to live up to the legacy of those that came before him feels more like Miles than either 616 or Ultimate Peter
    Idk, Ultimate Peter was a huge fanboy of Tony Stark on several occasions (Ultimate Marvel Team Up#4 and 5, Ultimate Spider-Man#123, Ultimate Spider-Man#150-156). MCU Peter doesn’t necessarily look up to them as mentors outside of Tony (but even then, he still disobeys frequently and goes off to tries to prove himself)

But yeah, except for Ganke Ned, I don’t think MCU Peter is much/nothing like Miles.

Midtown High being a Magnet/Science based school was also a thing in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon and Amazing Spider-Man films. And Miles school needed a lottery to get in which it doesn’t seem like MCU Midtown needed to do.

Uncle Ben is said to purposely not follow the same ground as the previous 5 Spider-Man movies but it’s still hinted at (Civil War Peter explaining why he becomes Spider-Man and telling Ned after everything that’s happened, he doesn’t want to freak May out with him being Spider-Man)

Tony’s relationship with MCU Peter feels like a mix of 2009 Ultimate Peter/Tony and early Civil War/New Avengers Peter and Tony’s relationship.

If anything it’s a teenager Spider-Man learning the ropes but the main two differences is:

A. MCU Peter grew up to the Avengers as opposed to becoming a superhero right beside when Iron Man, Thor, the Fantastic Four and other heroes first debuted

B.) He is experiencing things a matured Spider-Man went through so of course he’s going to approach them differently (Civil War when he first became Spider-Man as opposed to a mature hero who has concrete ties with the superhero community all across the board , the Infinity saga/Thanos snap , becoming more Avenger affiliated, etc)

C.) unlike 616 Peter who tried to join the F4 but got turned down and his pride forced him to run off, and didn’t join the Avengers bc he thought they would mistreat the Hulk or he couldn’t gain Government clearance, he is accepted into the hero community fairly well. I mean 616 Peter in Amazing Spider-Man#3 looked at Johnny as motivation to keep on fighting and taking down Dr.Octopus.

I do think it veered closer to Ultimate Peter who other heroes (Ultimates, Daredevil) viewed him as an annoying teenager in over his head or post JMS/BND where even though he gets along well with other heroes and has pretty much Avengers status, they don’t take him seriously at times.

As for Mysterio, he sold himself as being the likely candidate to a Peter at his low point for a reason. This is Mysterio, master of illusion after all. He’s good at manipulating Spidey at times even when he’s an adult. That’s what he’s good at.

Spoilers!
    spoilers:
    There is leaked video footage of Andrew Garfield in his TASM2 suit. It's the same scene that's been leaked a while ago (the photo of him and Tobey). Here's the link. I've downloaded it just in case
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Spoilers!
    spoilers:
    There is leaked video footage of Andrew Garfield in his TASM2 suit. It's the same scene that's been leaked a while ago (the photo of him and Tobey). Here's the link. I've downloaded it just in case
    end of spoilers
    That's smart.There are videos of very convincing deepfakes but I think it's safe to say this isn't.Like his/her chest moves when he/she talks and stuff.

Astonishing Member

Spoilers!
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Yes, I figured Garfield would be in it. The real question mark is Tobey. I get the strong sense he isn’t keen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Yes, I figured Garfield would be in it. The real question mark is Tobey. I get the strong sense he isn’t keen.
    Can someone read his lips?

Here is another video but the audio quality is poor.

BANNED

MCU security is slipping seemslike.

Assuming someone can confirm that these videos are from the latest film and aren't from TASM-2?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Assuming someone can confirm that these videos are from the latest film and aren't from TASM-2?
    He looks older and his hairstyle is different so it can't be from TASM2. And we can hear (probably) Tobey's voice before Andrew starts talking.

BANNED

He looks older and his hairstyle is different so it can't be from TASM2. And we can hear (probably) Tobey's voice before Andrew starts talking.
    Okay, that suffices for now at the same time I suggest everyone show some caution about such things and not assume too much or get your hopes up.

The way movies are shot these days piecemeal and composite and reshoot heavy, we can't know much or anything from watching blue-screen work.

I think it's more likely that Maguire and Garfield show up than not but I suggest people not get their hopes up.

Long wait time, too much hype...something was bound to leak.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Long wait time, too much hype...something was bound to leak.
    This isn’t like a leaked trailer either. For all we know, Marvel intentionally leaked this in order to further build hype.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    This isn’t like a leaked trailer either. For all we know, Marvel intentionally leaked this in order to further build hype.
    For all my cynicism, even I don't think MCU does "intentional leaks" to build up hype but then again it's impossible to know. I mean this is Spider-Man, hype is built-in.

Videogame companies might do that, but not something so big and powerful.

Astonishing Member

You know? I believe Andrew and Tobey could actually stay in the MCU for future movies. I mean, their presence could be similar to Peter Parker in the comics having his two main clones: Ben Reilly and Kaine. Tobey MIGHT be Kaine (he was darkly influenced by his version of Venom) and Andrew MIGHT be Ben Reilly.

Astonishing Member

For all my cynicism, even I don't think MCU does "intentional leaks" to build up hype but then again it's impossible to know. I mean this is Spider-Man, hype is built-in.

Videogame companies might do that, but not something so big and powerful.
    I don't know why you think it's far-fetched. Box office returns have been miserable this year. If it builds hype, but doesn't cannibalize something in the works like a trailer.... then I think it's possible.