Page 56 of 136 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Octopus and Sandman aren't really "bad guys" at the end of their movies. In the trailer, Sandman looks like he is protecting Spider-Man from Electro. Doc Ock should be unexpected ally too... But his arms are glowing red, which means they are in control... Hmm, it could be just trailer magic to mess with us.
    And there's the Lizard too.
    Sinister Six that I'd like to see: Green Goblin, (evil) Dr Octopus, Electro, Lizard, Mysterio, Scorpion. Two from Tobey's side, two from Garfield and two from Holland's movies. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be...
    Otto is more of a sympathetic villain in recent media - games, comics, even in Spider-Man 2 he kinda redeemed himself. I hope he helps Peter throughout the Movie.

Can't wait to see Dafoe's Goblin again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I too don't buy that Felicia can keep up with Spider-Man, even in the PS4 game where he was chasing her and somehow couldn't catch up.

I buy Catwoman keeping up with Batman and managing to lay a punch on him for obvious reasons. Spider-Man's strength and speed though is enhanced beyond that of Captain America, who is a super-soldier. Not to mention spider-sense. Spider-Man almost always feels nerfed to me when he's fighting the Black Cat.

I mean, Daredevil of all people can't take on Spider-Man in a fight according to Zdarksy, and Daredevil is a better martial artist than Felicia, can take on more pain than Felicia, and has better senses than Spidey.

Felicia also doesn't have years of experience on Spider-Man like Black Widow does. If any normal human can consistently take on Spider-Man, it would be someone like that, right? Someone who's been around for a while and knows more about fighting than Peter can learn by his late 20's. Except that Spider-Man and Black Cat (other than in Ultimate) are about the same age and started around the same time.

I'm guessing the idea is that Peter is seduced by her and gets distracted, but that doesn't sound like Peter to me. That sounds more like Flash Thompson or even Harry.

Felicia having bad luck powers would make it more believable.
    I mean, Daredevil can keep up with Spider-Man on speed thanks to awesome but harsh ninja training, Felicia is probably had something similar going there (with no ninjas), Comic Book Peak Humans are a weird bunch.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I mean, Daredevil can keep up with Spider-Man on speed thanks to awesome but harsh ninja training, Felicia is probably had something similar going there (with no ninjas), Comic Book Peak Humans are a weird bunch.
    Even if we grant that, I think it's a bit more believable with Daredevil than with Felicia. He's older and has been training since he was 10, not to mention has had far more professional combat training (Stick/The Hand).

Extraordinary Member

Even if we grant that, I think it's a bit more believable with Daredevil than with Felicia. He's older and has been training since he was 10, not to mention has had far more professional combat training (Stick/The Hand).
    None of them can keep up w/ a semi serious and/or adult Peter.If they do it's PIS, same way firelord being KO'ed by Peter is.
    Cat is more believable because of the bad luck thing, none of them are even close in the physical department and webs>>grapples.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    None of them can keep up w/ a semi serious and/or adult Peter.If they do it's PIS, same way firelord being KO'ed by Peter is.
    Cat is more believable because of the bad luck thing, none of them are even close in the physical department and webs>>grapples.
    He is an adult and they do keep up when him serious or not. Power scaling isnt consistent.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    He is an adult and they do keep up when him serious or not. Power scaling isnt consistent.
    No, I meant when he was younger.
    Scaling is one thing and there's room to fit in what you like, but you can't say that Hulk and Captain America are at the same strength level.Same way Spider-man is in a different speed class than DD.
    Again they have made Captain America hurt Hulk, but it's an outlier for Cap and an anti-feat for Hulk.Same for Spidey and DD.But Spider-sense makes it a definite outlier, aside from the massive speed gap Spider-sense slows down his perception of time whilst warning him of the direction of the attack.That's how Cap dodges bullets btw, he sees faster(will provide the scan of him saying that if you want).W/ Spider-sense DD isn't close without a unhealthy dose of PIS.

Spider-man has consistently drawn blood from extremely strong characters like Hulk and Carol Danvers, while also chipping the Thing and tearing apart Tony's armor on 3-4 seperate occasions.Doesn't mean he's on that level.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-24-2021 at 07:11 AM.

Eh, it screams PIS whenever these guys keep up with Spider-Man. Writers just love "martial arts" type characters. But sometimes a writer knows how fights really work, and its just glorious.

https://imgur.com/a/UeaR6

It doesn't matter if Daredevil can see the punch coming, he's not fast enough to dodge it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Eh, it screams PIS whenever these guys keep up with Spider-Man. Writers just love "martial arts" type characters. But sometimes a writer knows how fights really work, and its just glorious.

https://imgur.com/a/UeaR6

It doesn't matter if Daredevil can see the punch coming, he's not fast enough to dodge it.
    Facts, love that panel.Spidey's speed has been stated to be too much for street levelers multiple times.

On a slightly related note DD recently even said Spider-man has muscles coiled w/ incredible strength and control.That he is pure power and doesn't even know it and is the best of us.

Right before this we see Spidey sneak up on him and DD thinks it's a hand ninja, before he hears the heartbeat.He says it's strong.Spidey's stealth underrated.

So, about Venom: Let There Be Carnage...
    spoilers:
    Post credits scene leaked and it confirms merging of Sony's Bootleg Universe with Marvel Cinematic Universe
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Post credits scene leaked and it confirms merging of Sony's Bootleg Universe with Marvel Cinematic Universe
    end of spoilers
    Wonder if we see more of it in NWH

BANNED

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Sony's really been successful so far in making the MCU carry water for them.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    We're definitely getting a Spider-Man vs Venom movie.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It was weirdly refreshing to see Tom Holland be viewed as just Spider-Man and independent from Iron Man, both by the villain and me the viewer. It felt right even though it was only for a few seconds.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Sony's really been successful so far in making the MCU carry water for them.
    It's quite amazing.

BANNED

spoilers:
    It was weirdly refreshing to see Tom Holland be viewed as Spider-Man independent from Iron Man, both by Venom and me the viewer.
    end of spoilers
    I only saw the clip on YouTube but it seems like

spoilers:
    the Symbiote suit (based on its response to Holland) wants to trade Eddie in for a younger model.
    end of spoilers

Apparently it seems that Venom 2 is on track to be a big earner. So somewhere some Sony Executive is making Adrian Veidt "I did it" victory poses.

Guess the third venom will be a face off with between them and that's when Venom will get the white symbol
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy