Page 60 of 136 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Venom's post credit scene made it very obvious to me that Spidey is going nowhere from the MCU. Sony and Disney are in this for the long haul

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Venom's post credit scene made it very obvious to me that Spidey is going nowhere from the MCU. Sony and Disney are in this for the long haul
    Sony is doing two movies in 2023 maybe it will be there venom and spider man crossover
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Yeah, I think we're definitely getting a Venom vs Spider-Man movie at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think we're definitely getting a Venom vs Spider-Man movie at this point.
    Oh yeah, that's definitely happening.

Astonishing Member

Isn't Tom Holland signed on for one more film after NWH? That could be the Venom crossover.

If it's an MCU film, the only one I can think of is FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Isn't Tom Holland signed on for one more film after NWH? That could be the Venom crossover.

If it's an MCU film, the only one I can think of is FF.
    NWH was the last film in his contract. Spider-Man is still contracted to appear in another MCU film (wildly believed to be the next Dr. Strange).

Hollnd has expressed an interest in continuing to play Spidey.

FF versus Venom, plus Spidey, could be a very interesting way to introduce the FF.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    NWH was the last film in his contract. Spider-Man is still contracted to appear in another MCU film (wildly believed to be the next Dr. Strange).

Hollnd has expressed an interest in continuing to play Spidey.
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up doing more films than he's currently contracted for.

I would still bet on a Spider-Man appearance in Fantastic Four, considering that Jon Watts is directing it, and there's a history between Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    FF versus Venom, plus Spidey, could be a very interesting way to introduce the FF.
    Sounds a little overstuffed.

Astonishing Member

There's no going to be a new trailer this week? With the appearance of the Green Goblin, which better moment to appear than Halloween?

Astonishing Member

My spidey senses tell me the next trailer will drop with either Eternals or Ghostbusters. I'm leaning more towards it being released with Ghostbusters, though. If the next trailer reveals Garfield and/or Maguire, the internet is gonna explode, and I don't think either studio wants attention drawn away from their November blockbusters. After Ghostbusters: Afterlife, neither Disney nor Sony have anything major coming out prior to Spider-Man, so they can use the remaining weeks to get people excited.

Speaking of Ghosbusters, I think Afterlife is indicative of how the marketing will play out with the other Spider-Men. We know the original Ghostbusters are coming back, but we didn't get a single shot of them till the end of the second trailer. Even then, we only got to hear Dan Aykroyd and no sign of Bill Murray, the most popular of the three.

I'm thinking the NWH marketing will be the same? The second trailer will reveal Garfield at the end but barely, then the third will reveal Maguire at the end who is arguably the audience's favorite. Just a hunch.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-25-2021 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up doing more films than he's currently contracted for.

I would still bet on a Spider-Man appearance in Fantastic Four, considering that Jon Watts is directing it, and there's a history between Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four.
    FF is a few years away (it doesn't even have a release year yet). If Disney/Marvel and Sony can make another deal, I could see Spidey appearing in an FF film (but that first film might be weird since they have to introduce the team).

On the one hand I want to see Spidey meet the FF but I'm not sure how I feel about Holland's Spidey meeting the FF.

Mighty Member

From the Venom 2 post Credit scene now that venom is in the mcu.Maybe venom will be in no way home.it could tie in

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    From the Venom 2 post Credit scene now that venom is in the mcu.Maybe venom will be in no way home.it could tie in
    It would be fitting. Otherwise, what will be the point of Venom of appearing in another future MCU's film? There were rumors about Rhino from ASM 2 being the sixth member of the Sinsiter Six, but if we are taking a bad guy from each past movie, then we would have two from ASM 2. As far as I see:

+ Green Goblin from "Spider-Man".
    + Doctor Octopus from "Spider-Man 2".
    + Sandman from "Spider-Man 3". (Here we had Venom too, however).
    + The Lizard from "Amazing Spider-Man".
    + Electro from "Amazing Spider-Man 2". (It also had Rhino and Harry as the Green Goblin).

I think Venom could be the last member, although it wouldn't have much sense because Tom Hardy's Venom doesn't have any connection with Spider-Man. Either way, it would be a interesting twist if Venom ends up helping the Spider-Men against the other Sinisters.