Page 65 of 136 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Deserve has nothing to do with it, I think. I mean to use an example from video-games, did Kojima deserve to be hated for MGS-2 where he promised Solid Snake but had most of the game with Raiden?
    Haven't played MGS-2 but I'm familiar with the sort of promises you're talking about. It's essentially what games like Last of Us II do, and in most cases it comes off manipulative and in poor taste. On the off-chance that Sony/Disney do this with No Way Home, people have every right to be upset.

True. I do think that it's far more likely Garfield/Maguire are in this movie than they are not. But it wouldn't upset me if Maguire and Garfield are no-shows. I generally have no desire for a follow-up, just as I had no desire to see the Star Wars actors after ROTJ.

So I wouldn't hold it against the movie if they are absent. I'd hold it if they gratuitously show them or do cheap jokes and gags and so on. I'd rather no appearance than bad appearance.
    I'll admit that I'm biased and want Maguire/Garfield in this due to having lost all interest in MCU Spider-Man. Maguire/Garfield are the main appeal for me and just can't get excited about anything they've shown with Holland.

There are fans that share my dislike for this version but want this to be a stand-alone story for Holland so that they improve on him. I sympathize with those people, but I'm not optimistic Sony/Disney would have given us that. If they weren't doing Spider-Verse, I think they would have been doing another Homecoming/Far From Home type of crossover and bring in another mentor for Peter.

I mean, to be fair, it looks like that's what Maguire/Garfield will be for Holland's Spidey in this, but I think it immediately works better - if this Spidey is going to have a mentor, having it be his older predecessor versions makes the most sense. He might even learn a thing or two that would make him more of a "Spider-Man".

As for Maguire/Garfield being butchered, that would indeed be the worst case, but I'm not too worried about that, for reasons I already mentioned.

The backlash from the Mandarin Twist was largely among some comics fans (i.e. negligible). General fans didn't mind, and loved Ben Kingsley in that movie. He's legit one of the best MCU characters.
    Marvel had to do damage control and made a short film and full-length film apologizing for it. In hindsight it's a twist that makes or breaks the film for people. They either like it because of the twist or dislike it cuz of the twist.

Schadenfreude does provide its comforts, it must be said. ITSV also proved that Tom Holland isn't "the" Spider-Man, he's "a" Spider-Man.
    It's not about spite, it's about ensuring that MCU's take on Spidey doesn't have a monopoly on the character in the public's eyes and do long-term damage as a result. Admittedly it never did but I think the chances of the ageist stuff and the Iron Boy stuff translating elsewhere has gotten even lower now that Maguire and Garfield will be co-leads. And Married Peter getting more exposure to general audiences is always a good thing.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 10-31-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    where was these level of leaks for Infinity War and Endgame lol.

spoilers:
    Guessing no mask for Dafoe. never really have that much of a hatred for it like most people. Honestly his suit just needs more purple to be honest. I do too hope the cgi will change for lizard and sandman more so lizard. Make him look less human
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, I could use more purple.
    end of spoilers

how much screentime are you expecting them to get really? I feel like they are only going to show up in the final fight and after they win stick around to talk a little. More so Garfield than Maguire
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

how much screentime are you expecting them to get really? I feel like they are only going to show up in the final fight and after they win stick around to talk a little. More so Garfield than Maguire
    Probably appear at the end of the 2nd act and be there for almost all of the 3rd act.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

spoilers:
    Well, from what I heard from the rumors, ,both Tobey and Andrew's Peter will appear after an hour in entire screen time. After that they'll work as almost as secondary protagonist next to Tom.

So possibly around beginning of the second act, and then have a role amount similar as Peter B asnfrom ITSV.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    spoilers:
    Well, from what I heard from the rumors, ,both Tobey and Andrew's Peter will appear after an hour in entire screen time. After that they'll work as almost as secondary protagonist next to Tom.

So possibly around beginning of the second act, and then have a role amount similar as Peter B asnfrom ITSV.
    end of spoilers
    This is what the reliable folks have been corroborating and backing up.

Astonishing Member

No clue, but I'm guessing it will be somewhat like ITSV and have Maguire/Garfield be secondary protagonists.

Is this the Marvel movie with the most leaks?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is this the Marvel movie with the most leaks?
    I think so. Part of that is because it's the film with the least official marketing, though.

So are those leaks about Spider-Man 4 and ASM 3 real? Sounds so fake lol. And yet, wouldn't put it past them to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    So are those leaks about Spider-Man 4 and ASM 3 real? Sounds so fake lol. And yet, wouldn't put it past them to go for it.
    Lol probably some nostalgic fans that want this movie to be a sequel to Tobey and Garfield franchise as well.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

New still image.
    1635789263.jpg

Astonishing Member

Only pics from that bridge scene? I can tell why it's called No Way Home. It's cuz the whole film is about being stuck in traffic there, lol.

Hey, at least Spider-Man is facing everyman problems again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Only pics from that bridge scene? I can tell why it's called No Way Home. It's cuz the whole film is about being stuck in traffic there, lol.

Hey, at least Spider-Man is facing everyman problems again.
    It's part of the problem with promoting a movie built on surprises and stuff, lol. You can only go to some wells.

Avengers: Endgame had a long 3 hour runtime so they could sparse out more footage to share it seems, hiding all the time travel and featuring Thanos but hiding the whole "there are two Thanos from different timelines" stuff.

Did you know Spidey fights Doc Ock on a bridge in the Iron Spider suit ?