Page 73 of 136 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2039

The photos has been removed. Uh-oh.

BANNED

As I said time will tell if NWH has the best marketing ever or the most incompetent marketing ever.

Right now, it's the most talked about film on twitter but then so was "Snakes on a Plane" when it was announced (remember that) and it didn't turn up anything in sales because the movie was no way as crazy as the premise of the title promised.

It's going to be a test as to how much time people spend online on twitter and social media translate in terms of butts on the seat.

well at least people got their confirmation now
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    There's two leaked photos out there that seem to be the real deal and are THE photos. Avoiding em if you wanna avoid em is gonna be hard from here on out!
    I've never seen a Superhero get so many leaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's not like the most famous character of Star Wars has a mask and costume that hides the actor(s) faces, lol.
    Yeah, but Vader wasn't the main character (even if he technically was).
    As I said time will tell if NWH has the best marketing ever or the most incompetent marketing ever.

Right now, it's the most talked about film on twitter but then so was "Snakes on a Plane" when it was announced (remember that) and it didn't turn up anything in sales because the movie was no way as crazy as the premise of the title promised.

It's going to be a test as to how much time people spend online on twitter and social media translate in terms of butts on the seat.
    I mean, it's a Superhero movie, a Marvel movie, and a Spider-Man movie. It's hard to top that hype.

John campea confirms he was sent the photos and thought they were a fun fake and posted them for fun then someone called him and told him it may be real so he delated them. He still thinks they are fake ironic.

So in other words we may have another hungrybox wb smash game oppsie if they are real.

BANNED

You know movies like Batman 1989, Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2, Star Wars Phantom Menace, Titanic when they promoted and marketed their hooch they didn't waste time over breadcrumbs marketing like this.

You got a glimpse of Joker, Goblin, Darth Maul, Kid Anakin, and shots of the Titanic hitting an iceberg in promos before the films hit the theaters. And they made great business.

So I kind of think this kind of gotcha hide-and-seek stupidity in Marvel releases which forces actors to hem and haw and obviously makes things weird for them is a little silly and pointless.

In other news, Tom Holland did an interview with Total Film and gave more hints for the film.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/spider-ma...ive-interview/

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

You know movies like Batman 1989, Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2, Star Wars Phantom Menace, Titanic when they promoted and marketed their hooch they didn't waste time over breadcrumbs marketing like this.

You got a glimpse of Joker, Goblin, Darth Maul, Kid Anakin, and shots of the Titanic hitting an iceberg in promos before the films hit the theaters. And they made great business.

So I kind of think this kind of gotcha hide-and-seek stupidity in Marvel releases which forces actors to hem and haw and obviously makes things weird for them is a little silly and pointless.

In other news, Tom Holland did an interview with Total Film and gave more hints for the film.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/spider-ma...ive-interview/
    80s marketing was a different beast! It was like a Cliff's Notes, they were not afraid to give pretty much every major plot point away. And all the best lines, too.

The film culture feels almost entirely different now because in those days the blockbusters stuck around theaters the entire summer and they did not get most of their gross on opening weekend.

I remember going with my father to see BATMAN '89 for the third or fourth time, over a month into is run, and it was still selling out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    80s marketing was a different beast! It was like a Cliff's Notes, they were not afraid to give pretty much every major plot point away. And all the best lines, too.

The film culture feels almost entirely different now because in those days the blockbusters stuck around theaters the entire summer and they did not get most of their gross on opening weekend.

I remember going with my father to see BATMAN '89 for the third or fourth time, over a month into is run, and it was still selling out.
    Before internet and social media, marketing and promotion could also operate under the assumption that only a tiny portion of the people would know about the stuff they are handing out. So yeah it's a bit different from today.

Obviously there needs to be a middle ground between giving away all of the film and giving away nothing but MCU treats the basic stuff that movies revealed before like it's some big secret. Before each Raimi film, we got to see Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Sandman, Harry Goblin. In the case of NWH they childishly tease and treat the idea of a crossover as if this is some viral phenomenon like Cloverfield. I mean come on.

And if they promise a crossover and it turns out that Bodega Bandit is in fact the mastermind of this film...well, it'll be MGS-2 in live-action.

Before internet and social media, marketing and promotion could also operate under the assumption that only a tiny portion of the people would know about the stuff they are handing out. So yeah it's a bit different from today.

Obviously there needs to be a middle ground between giving away all of the film and giving away nothing but MCU treats the basic stuff that movies revealed before like it's some big secret. Before each Raimi film, we got to see Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Sandman, Harry Goblin. In the case of NWH they childishly tease and treat the idea of a crossover as if this is some viral phenomenon like Cloverfield. I mean come on.

And if they promise a crossover and it turns out that Bodega Bandit is in fact the mastermind of this film...well, it'll be MGS-2 in live-action.
    I guess here there's just the added conceit that it isn't just normal villain reveals but something more impactful because it connects with past Spider-Man films and what that might mean for the film as a whole, which is different from marketing, say, a normal Superhero movie.

Like we got concept art of Vulture and Mysterio not that long but there wasn't so much mystery to them since they were finally appearing on-film for the first time versus established versions of Gobby, Doc Ock, etc.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Can you imagine the level of panic amongst executives at this point if Tobey and Andrew aren't in the film?

Astonishing Member

Can you imagine the level of panic amongst executives at this point if Tobey and Andrew aren't in the film?
    Nothing will ever top Amy Pascal’s leaked emails from the ASM era.

Anyway, from what I’ve read and my own visual observation, I’d wager the leaked pics were real. They’re certainly the MOST real out of all the “leaks” so far.

I imagine the conversations must go something like this:

Sony's day of reckoning .jpg

BANNED

As I said, either it's the best or the worst. Either these guys are so confident they can misdirect the public and make them like what they do have to offer, or they are in fact giving people everything they want and are being coy for no reason.

Or you know maybe it's like Alien 3 and they kill off the supporting cast from Cameron's Aliens in the first few minutes, haha, so the opening credits sees Tobey and Andrew returning only to have pianos dropped on them or something. Which I doubt they'll do but just giving you all historical precedent. One of the reasons why Alien 3 failed was that it basically amounted to a slap in the face to everyone who liked Cameron's sequel (which was incredibly popular and successful and influential in the year of that film's release).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    The photos has been removed. Uh-oh.
    Removed photos, leaked photos, rumours. The marketing for this film, has been all over the place. I don't understand the obsessive secrecy.

Astonishing Member

If for some reason Tobey and Andrew aren't in this, it would be a red flag at this point. Typically when studios don't come out and debunk false rumors that get this massive, it's because they don't have confident in their film and are hoping the hype would bring enough money opening weekend. We saw this happen with BvS, where WB knew in advance the movie wasn't that good and were hoping people would look past that cuz of the Batman-fighting-Superman hype.

Assuming they're in it (which is very, very likely), I don't have a problem with the marketing. Even with all the leaks, I think that intellectually knowing something and emotionally processing it once it's been confirmed are two different things, so I don't fault Sony/Disney for not coming out and confirming Tobey and Andrew are in this.

It would be absurd if Sony doesn't do at least a Dan Aykroyd-esque tease at the end of the second trailer where you hear Tobey and/or Andrew's voice or see their legs or something like that, but if we don't physically see Tobey and Andrew going into the film, I don't have a problem with that.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-09-2021 at 12:34 PM.