Page 80 of 136 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Attachment 115589

the other spiderman are clearly cgi out
    I thought that was even more obvious in the final Strange scene.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Attachment 115589

Noticed that too. Lizard and Electro is definitely facing a different angle and not towards Tom,s Spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

I also don't get what's funny about the name "Otto Octavius" I mean both are actual real world names (names of Emperors and Tyrants, i.e. Otto von Bismarck, and Octavian who became Caesar Augustus). It's not like Otto introduces himself as Doctor Octopus (which he never used in the first film).

Probably a misleading trailer scene. The trailer looks like Peter and his friends are talking to Otto, but it could be just an editing two different scene together.

I'm thinking Peter and friends are acutally talking to Tobey or Andrew's Peter.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1460788835202314241

yeah they cgi them out lizard is getting kicked
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Well, it won't be the first time a trailer from the MCU actually trick us. Like Spider-Man appearing in "Captain America: Civil War" or Hulk not appearing in Wakanda in "Avengers: Infinity War".

What calls my attention, however, is the fact that Sandman is fighting alonside Electro and Lizard. So the info about Sandman being out of the group because he betray the Sinister Six was fake; at least in that point.

Which I still hope is for, somehow, Venom making an appearance too. I mean Tom Hardy's Venom, as it seems he was transported to the MCU at the end of his movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Which I still hope is for, somehow, Venom making an appearance too. I mean Tom Hardy's Venom, as it seems he was transported to the MCU at the end of his movie.
    Maybe for the post-credit scene, I suppose?

Astonishing Member

What's the point of doing an event for your trailer and not teasing the other Spiders or even showing more of your villains besides just Ock? They should have just done a regular release for this.

I like how that battle with the...Sinister Five is a reference to their fights with Tobey and Andrew's Spider-Men. And those streaks of light at the end, I want to believe that's Tobey and Andrew, but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Love that narration from Green Goblin, and it looks like he's attacking the apartment building Peter and May live in.

I agree about Otto Octavius not being a funny name, but I guess it's some generational thing or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    What's the point of doing an event for your trailer and not teasing the other Spiders or even showing more of your villains besides just Ock? They should have just done a regular release for this.
    At this point Tobey and Andrew being in it is going to be the biggest open secret in film history.

I don't think Otto's name is being played as funny per se, they're just having some fourth wall fun with the all too fitting name of the octopus-themed villain.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

I think Spider-Man may be in No Way Home

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    Maybe for the post-credit scene, I suppose?
    would explain that picture of tom hardy wearing that crew hat
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

The humor was very cringe. Someone on Reddit pointed out how his name is Peter Parker and he hangs out with Stephen Strange and Happy Hogan, but Otto Octavius is too much. Like, really?

It's pretty all over the place and doesn't look at all like an event film. The Endgame trailer at least carried itself like one, this doesn't.

Holland's Peter does seem a bit more mature and three-dimensional. Also I loved the part where Ock destroys the Iron Spider suit. I hope that symbolizes what I want it to symbolize.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At this point Tobey and Andrew being in it is going to be the biggest open secret in film history.
    It's frustrating for me to not at least get confirmation of them because I promised myself I wouldn't see the next MCU Spider-Man film, but that I'll break my promise if Tobey and/or Andrew return. I'll have to buy tickets in advance, though, so if they're not in it I essentially got scammed, lol (I say "scammed" because Sony knows the hype is all Tobey and Andrew whether they're in it or not).
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-16-2021 at 07:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

Attachment 115589

Yeah, nothing is hitting Lizard here.

It looks like the reverse of Infinity War where Hulk was edited into the Battle of Wakanda trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    The humor was very cringe. Someone on Reddit pointed out how his name is Peter Parker and he hangs out with Stephen Strange and Happy Hogan, but Otto Octavius is too much. Like, really?
    To be honest I just find it forced that Peter has his own "scooby-doo gang" that follows him around. Michelle and Ganke really have no reason to be there.
    It's pretty all over the place and doesn't look at all like an event film. The Endgame trailer at least carried itself like one, this doesn't.
    It feels weird to get a Sinister Six-esque situation with villains that have no buildup or actual connection to Holland.

I've seen someone speculate Mysterio might be a surprise villain among those "fated to die against Spider-Man" but I don't think he's been in any of the leaks.
    Holland's Peter does seem a bit mature and three-dimensional. Also I loved the part where Ock destroys the Iron Spider suit. I hope that symbolizes what I want it to symbolize.
    Apparently the Stark Tech in the suit ends up bonding with Ock's tentacles. So even beyond the grave Tony Stark is screwing Peter over .
    It's frustrating for me to not at least get confirmation of them because I promised myself I wouldn't see the next MCU Spider-Man film, but that I'll break my promise if Tobey and/or Andrew return. I'll have to buy tickets in advance, though, so if they're not in it I essentially got scammed, lol (I say "scammed" because Sony knows the hype is all Tobey and Andrew whether they're in it or not).
    At this point it seems like a test to see how far Marvel/Sony will go before giving in.