Page 84 of 136 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Did it really reveal anything that the first trailer didn't?
    Yup.

Maybe you can watch the first again and compare it to the second? Might refresh your memory a bit.

Forget any fan-theorizing you experienced between the two trailers. We’re talking about what the trailers revealed, not what someone(s) speculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Yup.

Maybe you can watch the first again and compare it to the second? Might refresh your memory a bit.

Forget any fan-theorizing you experienced between the two trailers. We’re talking about what the trailers revealed, not what someone(s) speculated.
    We knew old Spider-Man villains were coming back. We knew Peter would go to Strange to restore his secret identity. We knew Peter would screw things up somehow.

We really didn't learn much new here. There's nothing to get excited about from this trailer that the last one didn't already show. Unless you're talking about one of the international trailers that screwed up.

We knew old Spider-Man villains were coming back. We knew Peter would go to Strange to restore his secret identity. We knew Peter would screw things up somehow.

We really didn't learn much new here. There's nothing to get excited about from this trailer that the last one didn't already show. Unless you're talking about one of the international trailers that screwed up.
    We didn’t know that Otto doesn’t really recognize the MCU’s Peter. Which reveals that there are other Peters that don’t look like our Peter. Which goes against conventional multiverse theories that other reality versions mostly look the same.

We still don’t know which universe(s) these villains are actually from, as the ones that died in previous movies are…well…not dead. Not necessarily a confirmation from the movie, but we do now know that they are “scheduled” to die anyway, hence one of the (apparently so far) main moral conflicts of the movie.

We did know that Peter and Strange “fight”, but we didn’t know why. Apparently now we know it’s because Peter defies Strange, and not because Strange “went bad”, but in relation to the previous point.

We were revealed two Green Goblin-esque characters (different suits? Harry and Norman?).

All to partly answer your question, which was a response to my question that you didn’t answer. Care to answer now?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 11-17-2021 at 12:00 AM.

We didn’t know that Otto doesn’t really recognize the MCU’s Peter. Which reveals that there are other Peters that don’t look like our Peter. Which goes against conventional multiverse theories that other reality versions mostly look the same.

We still don’t know which universe(s) these villains are actually from, as the ones that died in previous movies are…well…not dead. Not necessarily a confirmation from the movie, but we do now know that they are “scheduled” to die anyway, hence one of the (apparently so far) main moral conflicts of the movie.

We did know that Peter and Strange “fight”, but we didn’t know why. Apparently now we know it’s because Peter defies Strange, and not because Strange “went bad”, but in relation to the previous point.

We were revealed two Green Goblin-esque characters (different suits? Harry and Norman?).

All to partly answer your question, which was a response to my question that you didn’t answer. Care to answer now?
    You're getting lost in the details, which is not the least bit interesting. (It's almost like different actors have played Peter Parker in other movies.)

Old villains are back and Peter screws up. Which we already knew.

Zendaya falls is probably the only new thing. And she 100% isn't going to die. Not after the last set of Spider-Man films killed the girlfriend.

So this trailer was just nothing.

You're getting lost in the details, which is not the least bit interesting. (It's almost like different actors have played Peter Parker in other movies.)

Old villains are back and Peter screws up. Which we already knew.

Zendaya falls is probably the only new thing. And she 100% isn't going to die. Not after the last set of Spider-Man films killed the girlfriend.

So this trailer was just nothing.
    You asked if anything big was revealed.

I asked what you’d like to be revealed? To your personal liking/biases.

You asked what was revealed that the first trailer didn’t reveal.

I explained a few things.

You dismiss those. You’re still harping on what you want to focus on.

Idk what you’re asking for, dude. Probably an entirely different movie, as you’ve already decided this one isn’t for you?

Maybe watching trailers just winds up ruining movies for you by creating unrealistic expectations?

You still haven’t answered my original question. I’m considering that downright rude at this point.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 11-17-2021 at 12:24 AM.

You asked if anything big was revealed.

I asked what you’d like to be revealed? To your personal liking/biases.

You asked what was revealed that the first trailer didn’t reveal.

I explained a few things.

You dismiss those. You’re still harping on what you want to focus on.

Idk what you’re asking for, dude. Probably an entirely different movie, as you’ve already decided this one isn’t for you?

Maybe watching trailers just winds up ruining movies for you by creating unrealistic expectations?
    Different people have played Spider-Man in different movies is not a big revelation.

Different people have played Spider-Man in different movies is not a big revelation.
    That’s not an in-universe revelation, though. That’s a meta explanation that we already understand because of movie rights. We don’t know that the characters do or do not understand that alt-universe doppelgängers can look differently. The characters know nothing of “movie rights”, although that would be some superb 4th wall breaking.

The idea of a multi-verse was dabbled with a bit in Far From Home, but the main narrator on this (Mysterio) is discovered to be a liar.

It’s confirmed now (hence revealed) that there are other universes with Spider-Men (specifically, Peter Parker) that look different than Tom Holland.

Even if you want to quibble on “technicalities”, you’ve not spoken on my other points nor answered my original question posed to you.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 11-17-2021 at 12:33 AM.

That’s not an in-universe revelation, though. That’s a meta explanation that we already understand because of movie rights. We don’t know that the characters do or do not understand that alt-universe doppelgängers can look differently. The characters know nothing of “movie rights”, although that would be some superb 4th wall breaking.

The idea of a multi-verse was dabbled with a bit in Far From Home, but the main narrator on this (Mysterio) is discovered to be a liar.

It’s confirmed now (hence revealed) that there are other universes with Spider-Men (specifically, Peter Parker) that look different than Tom Holland.

Even if you want to quibble on “technicalities”, you’ve not spoken on my other points nor answered my original question posed to you.
    It all still ultimately boils down to "the villains from the old movies are back and Peter screws up", which was what the first trailer was about.

It all still ultimately boils down to "the villains from the old movies are back and Peter screws up", which was what the first trailer was about.
    You’re still dismissing things to make whatever point you want to try to make. Essentially I can boil down any comic book movie into “hero fights a villain” and make it as basic-Bekky as I want, in an attempt to make it appear as generic as I want.

You’ve still failed to acknowledge or reply to other pints I’ve made or reply to the original question I asked you. I’m not sure how you expect me to treat you seriously in this conversation.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 11-17-2021 at 12:46 AM.

You’re still dismissing things to make whatever point you want to try to make. Essentially I can boil down any comic book movie into “hero fights a villain” and make it as basic-Bekky as I want, in an attempt to make it appear as generic as I want.

You’ve still failed to acknowledge or reply to other pints I’ve made or reply to the original question I asked you. I’m not sure how you expect me to treat you seriously in this conversation.
    The most casual audience will think these villains are from the old movies. You can argue that's a meta explanation. And yeah. So what? The shot of Alfred Molina in the first trailer was meant to entice the audience, and it did a good job of that. "Somehow the villains from the old movies are back."

You said "We did know that Peter and Strange “fight”, but we didn’t know why. Apparently now we know it’s because Peter defies Strange, and not because Strange “went bad”, but in relation to the previous point.' And this gets into "Peter screws up" (which we knew from the first trailer.)

Trailers are supposed to grab the audience. Say "this is why you want to see this movie." Reiterating the same ideas as the first trailer isn't going to sell someone on the movie if they weren't already sold on it.

The most casual audience will think these villains are from the old movies. You can argue that's a meta explanation. And yeah. So what? The shot of Alfred Molina in the first trailer was meant to entice the audience, and it did a good job of that. "Somehow the villains from the old movies are back."
    Your question wasn’t “what points the casual audience will pick up on”. Given the time difference between movies, Spider-Man 2 was released 17 years ago. Yeah, the original teaser meant to draw in the “old crowd”, but there’s a whole generation that may not be familiar with that movie, or who maybe watched it at a very young age and don’t remember it well. The fact that this newly presented Otto doesn't recognize “Peter” but does recognize Spider-Man (adding the fact Otto should be dead, if we go with “old continuity”) is a point you’re choosing to omit due to bias. The original trailer indicated Otto recognized Spider-Man. This trailer indicates he doesn’t recognize MCU-Peter as SpiderMan. You asked for the differences between the trailers, and you’re clearly dismissing something that’s a rather large plot-point.

You said "We did know that Peter and Strange “fight”, but we didn’t know why. Apparently now we know it’s because Peter defies Strange, and not because Strange “went bad”, but in relation to the previous point.' And this gets into "Peter screws up" (which we knew from the first trailer.)
    Peter always screws up. Isn’t that part of his charm? The point is, we didn’t know previously if Strange went “evil” and fought Spider-Man because of the mishap, or if because Peter outright defied him. Now we know. Hence a revelation. I admit this is a rather small detail, but you asked to any difference between the original trailer and this.

Trailers are supposed to grab the audience. Say "this is why you want to see this movie." Reiterating the same ideas as the first trailer isn't going to sell someone on the movie if they weren't already sold on it.
    You're feee to argue whether or not a trailer grabbed your attention. That is a subjective point. What we can objectively argue is what is revealed in one trailer versus another, which is your point I responded to.

You still have yet to answer my original question. I would really just appreciate it if you’d type “I have no intention of responding to that question”. It’s just a matter of respect at this point.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 11-17-2021 at 01:22 AM.

Your question wasn’t “what points the casual audience will pick up on”. Given the time difference between movies, Spider-Man 2 was released 17 years ago. Yeah, the original teaser meant to draw in the “old crowd”, but there’s a whole generation that may not be familiar with that movie, or who maybe watched it at a very young age and don’t remember it well. The fact that this newly presented Otto doesn't recognize “Peter” but does recognize Spider-Man (adding the fact Otto should be dead, if we go with “old continuity”) is a point you’re choosing to omit due to bias. The original trailer indicated Otto recognized Spider-Man. This trailer indicates he doesn’t recognize MCU-Peter as SpiderMan. You asked for the differences between the trailers, and you’re clearly dismissing something that’s a rather large plot-point.
    It still boils down to "the villains from the old movie are in this new movie." You can try to make it sound like it's more complicated than it is, but it still doesn't change that most audiences will look at this and go "because he's played by a different actor."

Peter always screws up. Isn’t that part of his charm? The point is, we didn’t know previously if Strange went “evil” and fought Spider-Man because of the mishap, or if because Peter outright defied him. Now we know. Hence a revelation. I admit this is a rather small detail, but you asked to any difference between the original trailer and this.
    Exactly. It's quibbling over specifics. I'm not interested in getting into hyper specifics. There are Youtube videos that do that.

You're feee to argue whether or not a trailer grabbed your attention. That is a subjective point. What we can objectively argue is what is revealed in one trailer versus another, which is your point I responded to.

You still have yet to answer my original question. I would really just appreciate it if you’d type “I have no intention of responding to that question”. It’s just a matter of respect at this point.
    I would think it was obvious. "Did I expect Maguire and/or Garfield to appear?"

It still boils down to "the villains from the old movie are in this new movie." You can try to make it sound like it's more complicated than it is, but it still doesn't change that most audiences will look at this and go "because he's played by a different actor."
    I’m not confident you can speak you every audience member. Sorry, not sorry.

Exactly. It's quibbling over specifics. I'm not interested in getting into hyper specifics. There are Youtube videos that do that.
    You asked for differences in trailers. It is your choice to actually accept the differences, or just dismiss them as you see fit. One method says a lot about how you’re assessing these trailers. /shrug Your choice in the end.

I would think it was obvious. "Did I expect Maguire and/or Garfield to appear?"
    And I combat that that is too big of a reveal to release in a trailer, such that I feel like this is a “slap you in the face kind of ‘no duh, they wouldn’t do that if it’s true’ moment”.

I mean the biggest reveals of all should be saved for the actual movie. I was asking for how big of a reveal you expect for a trailer. Which just seems like you have unrealistic expectations.

I’m not confident you can speak you every audience member. Sorry, not sorry.
    Never said I did. But nobody but the most hardcore nerd cares how this fits into the continuity of the old movies or even if it does.

You asked for differences in trailers. It is your choice to actually accept the differences, or just dismiss them as you see fit. One method says a lot about how you’re assessing these trailers. /shrug Your choice in the end.
    I'm a big picture kind of person. "This is why Strange and Peter are fighting" is not really something I needed in a trailer. That kind of minutiae should be explained in the actual movie.

And I combat that that is too big of a reveal to release in a trailer, such that I feel like this is a “slap you in the face kind of ‘no duh, they wouldn’t do that if it’s true’ moment”.

I mean the biggest reveals of all should be saved for the actual movie. I was asking for how big of a reveal you expect for a trailer. Which just seems like you have unrealistic expectations.
    You can tell there were a lot of discussions about this issue. A lot.

Extraordinary Member

I like the trailers doesn't reveal too many details, that's how they should be IMO.