Page 98 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2039

So how many quips we expecting? Two? Three? Maybe one or two from the other Spider-Men?

Astonishing Member

I expect a lot from Garfield assuming he is in character. With Maguire and Holland not as much. With Holland they will probably continue with the "Aw shucks" humor, unfortunately.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    As someone once said in this forum, once the universe dies, the last sound that'll be heard will be "thwip" .
    True.

My point was that it's not a guarantee the same continuity of games will continue indefinitely, not that there won't be any more Spider-Man games. Not at you, but making it clear.

Anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So how many quips we expecting? Two? Three? Maybe one or two from the other Spider-Men?
    I expect Garfield Spidey to be quippiest and mouthiest. Tobey!Peter'd likely be the chilled out elder statesman of the Peters, and Holland Spidey will do his immature shtick. Zendaya will do more quips than Holland.

Norman will def be in the Insomniac games. They've been building him up for a while and seeing as how successful those Spidey games have been, I don't think Marvel is in a rush to give the license to someone else. Green Goblin may well end up being the main villain of the video games
    Last edited by The Kid; 11-19-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I expect Garfield Spidey to be quippiest and mouthiest. Tobey!Peter'd likely be the chilled out elder statesman of the Peters, and Holland Spidey will do his immature shtick. Zendaya will do more quips than Holland.
    Now that you mention it, Michelle seems more snarky than Peter does in these movies.

Also, why are she and Ganke so involved in this to the point that they're there for the final battle?

BANNED

Now that you mention it, Michelle seems more snarky than Peter does in these movies.

Also, why are she and Ganke so involved in this to the point that they're there for the final battle?
    Probably to get one of them whacked. I mean Zendaya and Ganke were involved in that museum bit in the end of FFH alongside Flash and Happy right?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Probably to get one of them whacked. I mean Zendaya and Ganke were involved in that museum bit in the end of FFH alongside Flash and Happy right?
    At least that made sense because they just happened to be there because of the school trip.

Relationship to Peter probably. Both know him and are following him and give him someone to play off other than Strange and the villains

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Relationship to Peter probably. Both know him and are following him and give him someone to play off other than Strange and the villains
    Yeah, but other than being his friends it seems like they don't really have a need to get involved.

It would make more sense for him to just play off Strange and the villains. But these movies don't do a good job of dividing between the Peter Parker and Spider-Man sides.

So I heard Tom Holland said "Maybe it is time for me to move on. Maybe what's best for Spider-Man is that they do a Miles Morales film" and if it's true then it would be a fkn disaster. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see live action Miles on the big screen but not without Peter. There were rumors (I know, I know) about three trilogies, the first one coming to an end after NWH. And this, this I like. We got kid Peter and now we need older Peter (not to mention that almost everyone want to see adult - or married - Peter). They (Sony and Marvel Studios) finally got the Spider-Man that majority of the audience adores and that is tied to the whole battle fleet that MCU is. Getting rid of Tom's Spider-Man after three solo movies is ... Just stupid. If they want Miles, the proper MCU way, not the multiverse way, they should wait, I dunno, at least for Tom's solo SM movie #8 or #9. I remember Kevin Feige said something about making Peter a "Harry Potter" for kids to grow up with. There is so much potential for future movies with Tom's Peter, I hope they're not going to throw everything in the dumpster.
    Miles can't be around as a Spider-Man, when the Spider-Man is still a kid. It doesn't make any sense. And it would be a perfect way to close Tom's story as him being the mentor for Miles just like Tony was a mentor to Peter.

Yeah, but other than being his friends it seems like they don't really have a need to get involved.

It would make more sense for him to just play off Strange and the villains. But these movies don't do a good job of dividing between the Peter Parker and Spider-Man sides.
    Well from a meta perspective, they are their for comedy and romance respectively. From a story perspective, they are there because they are his friends and know his identity

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    So I heard Tom Holland said "Maybe it is time for me to move on. Maybe what's best for Spider-Man is that they do a Miles Morales film" and if it's true then it would be a fkn disaster. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see live action Miles on the big screen but not without Peter. There were rumors (I know, I know) about three trilogies, the first one coming to an end after NWH. And this, this I like. We got kid Peter and now we need older Peter (not to mention that almost everyone want to see adult - or married - Peter). They (Sony and Marvel Studios) finally got the Spider-Man that majority of the audience adores and that is tied to the whole battle fleet that MCU is. Getting rid of Tom's Spider-Man after three solo movies is ... Just stupid. If they want Miles, the proper MCU way, not the multiverse way, they should wait, I dunno, at least for Tom's solo SM movie #8 or #9. I remember Kevin Feige said something about making Peter a "Harry Potter" for kids to grow up with. There is so much potential for future movies with Tom's Peter, I hope they're not going to throw everything in the dumpster.
    Miles can't be around as a Spider-Man, when the Spider-Man is still a kid. It doesn't make any sense. And it would be a perfect way to close Tom's story as him being the mentor for Miles just like Tony was a mentor to Peter.
    I think that as long as Peter is college-aged and Miles is a high school student, you can have Peter mentor Miles, if that's the direction they want to take.

I also heard rumors they want Peter and Miles to co-exist in the MCU or at least in the Sonyverse. Who knows, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Well from a meta perspective, they are their for comedy and romance respectively. From a story perspective, they are there because they are his friends and know his identity
    Yeah, but it doesn't really make sense for Peter to involve two civilians in his hero life like this.

Of course these days nobody knows what to do with the supporting cast unless they're involved in the hero stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I think that as long as Peter is college-aged and Miles is a high school student, you can have Peter mentor Miles, if that's the direction they want to take.

I also heard rumors they want Peter and Miles to co-exist in the MCU or at least in the Sonyverse. Who knows, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I think we are far from a point where a Holland Spider-Man could properly mentor a young Miles Morales. He's not Insomniac Peter. And even Insomniac is only doing two Spider-Man in tandem with the next game and we haven't seen quite how that's going to work.

Nothing against live action Miles, but I want a non-rookie, adult Parker Spider-Man for once.

Current incarnation would be hard to buy as a mentor.

Astonishing Member

I think we are far from a point where a Holland Spider-Man could properly mentor a young Miles Morales. He's not Insomniac Peter. And even Insomniac is only doing two Spider-Man in tandem with the next game and we haven't seen quite how that's going to work.
    I mean, we are assuming that next time we see Peter Parker in live-action he would even be played by Holland. It's possible (I think maybe even likely) based on Holland's comments in the past few months that this will be the last time he plays Spider-Man and the next film is a soft-reboot with a new actor playing a college-aged Peter.

Also as a sidenote, I'm excited to see how Peter and Miles as a dynamic duo will turn out in Insomniac's next game. For better or worse, it's new story ground.