Page 99 of 136 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Also as a sidenote, I'm excited to see how Peter and Miles as a dynamic duo will turn out in Insomniac's next game. For better or worse, it's new story ground.
    Well, technically they were "dynamic duo" in Marvel's Spider-Man and Ultimate, it just wasn't executed all that well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    So I heard Tom Holland said "Maybe it is time for me to move on. Maybe what's best for Spider-Man is that they do a Miles Morales film" and if it's true then it would be a fkn disaster. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see live action Miles on the big screen but not without Peter. There were rumors (I know, I know) about three trilogies, the first one coming to an end after NWH. And this, this I like. We got kid Peter and now we need older Peter (not to mention that almost everyone want to see adult - or married - Peter). They (Sony and Marvel Studios) finally got the Spider-Man that majority of the audience adores and that is tied to the whole battle fleet that MCU is. Getting rid of Tom's Spider-Man after three solo movies is ... Just stupid.
    These things aren't built to scale. I said that vis-a-vis games but that's true for movies as well.

Kevin Feige was quoted recently saying that the contracts given to the earlier actors, i.e. RDJ and others, won't be something they'll do again.
    https://bamsmackpow.com/2021/07/13/m...g-of-the-past/

Tom Holland was hired as a young British kid and bought on the cheap to appear in the MCU. He's obviously not made as much money from his Spider-Man appearances as Tobey Maguire did, and absolutely nowhere near RDJ. But obviously if they were to do additional movies with Holland as an actor playing "Adult Peter" then his asking price would be higher and he'd be able to leverage higher and that might not be something that both Sony and Feige would want to do. So that might be a concern for both Holland and the MCU. Holland might think that being part of the MCU might close him from doing other kinds of projects, and it might also not make him obscenely wealth whereas now he's currently just a regular millionaire in Hollywood.

The Scarlett Johansson feud with Disney was in part driven by issues of actors royalties from earlier union contracts not being honored by the stingy mouse. And Holland might wonder if he'd want to be part of a system like that.

Remember that as nice as Kevin Feige seems in public, and also private, Tom Holland's ultimately a microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan/designed and directed by his Red Right Hand (gong).

Also as a sidenote, I'm excited to see how Peter and Miles as a dynamic duo will turn out in Insomniac's next game. For better or worse, it's new story ground.
    I like the dynamic in the first PS4 game where Miles clearly sees Spider-Man as a father-figure after the death of his Dad and Peter plays that role...then the evil remaster ruined it with that ugly render. I think the sequel if they are continuing with that render will downplay that as much as possible.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, technically they were "dynamic duo" in Marvel's Spider-Man and Ultimate, it just wasn't executed all that well.
    I mean, no surprise since those shows were Quesada and Loeb's babies. Insomniac will be the first 'serious' take on Spider-Man to give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I like the dynamic in the first PS4 game where Miles clearly sees Spider-Man as a father-figure after the death of his Dad and Peter plays that role...then the evil remaster ruined it with that ugly render. I think the sequel if they are continuing with that render will downplay that as much as possible.
    At least they're starting out with that render this time and aren't just deepfaking it last minute on the old render. I'm not a fan of the new render either but it looks better in the Miles Morales game because they started with it from scratch. That and the new game will be a PS5 exclusive so the designs are bound to change a bit, plus they might tweak it a bit due to the backlash from the first reveal, plus Holland might not even play Spider-Man by then so less pressure to make that version look like Holland. All those are possible factors.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 11-19-2021 at 03:35 PM.

I mean, no surprise since those shows were Quesada and Loev's babies. Insomniac will be the first 'serious' take on Spider-Man to give it a try.
    This does kind of remind me of the silver-lining of the MCU Spider-Man movies was that they've just featured Spider-Man and not a bunch of other Spider-Heroes.

Well, we've gotten MCU Guest stars and 2 other Spider-Men, but still .

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think he means Roderick's Hobgoblin, 'cause Macendale's Hobgoblin on the comics wasn't taken seriously and he was too tryhard.
    This is kind of true...though Jason's Hobgoblin in the animated series became a pushover as soon as the mask came off, effectively turning him into a joke...so I guess it's true to form.

I'm still bitter about this guy though...

Yeah, but it doesn't really make sense for Peter to involve two civilians in his hero life like this.

Of course these days nobody knows what to do with the supporting cast unless they're involved in the hero stuff.
    Norman is the type of guy who will attack Peter at his house...one of those kids better get whacked for following Peter into dangerous situations. Just having Norman Osborn out there alone should show why that is a bad idea.... At least they don't have super powers...yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    This is kind of true...though Jason's Hobgoblin in the animated series became a pushover as soon as the mask came off, effectively turning him into a joke...so I guess it's true to form.
    The weird thing is that, despite how tryhard he sounded, and that one time he lost to a drunk Spidey, he really wasn't so bad to deserve that much disrespect, he generally fought Spidey well and didn't really need the "Demogoblin" power up.

But I guess the drunk loss overshadows any possible competence lol.

Not saying he was on Roderick's level even when competent, but again, he wasn't that bad... Oh well.

I'm still bitter about this guy though...
    Still wonder what they'd do with Hobgoblin, since Norman stole some of Roderick's key traits, about the only thing left that could make Roderick stand out is how he uses other people so they take the Hobgoblin identity when he doesn't feel like fighting.

Then again, they could always come up with something new.

Norman is the type of guy who will attack Peter at his house...one of those kids better get whacked for following Peter into dangerous situations. Just having Norman Osborn out there alone should show why that is a bad idea.... At least they don't have super powers...yet.
    Well, that's assuming Peter knows that much about Norman, which, he might learn once he fights Norman, but, again, assumption.

Wait and see for that one lol.

BANNED

At least they're starting out with that render this time and aren't just deepfaking it last minute on the old render. I'm not a fan of the new render either but it looks better in the Miles Morales game because they started with it from scratch. That and the new game will be a PS5 exclusive so the designs are bound to change a bit, plus they might tweak it a bit due to the backlash from the first reveal, plus Holland might not even play Spider-Man by then so less pressure to make that version look like Holland. All those are possible factors.
    We'll see.

I will say something about Tom Holland. My big issue with the render aside from the corporate imperialism over consumer products and experiences, it's my problem with Tom Holland in general as Peter Parker. I've never entirely bought that visually in terms of looks he resembles Peter Parker from the comics either 616 or Ultimate. People have said that multiple times but to me his look is basically -- generic British kid. But either way when he was cast as Spider-Man, I was like fine. After all Tobey Maguire doesn't look too much like Peter either so this isn't a deal-breaker for me, and in general it's virtually impossible to find actors who resemble comics characters (only two exceptions -- Shelley Duvall as Olive Oyl and Simmons as Jonah, that's it).

But my feeling was that they shouldn't import that design to adaptations. Certainly aside from the movie tie-in games, they never tried to make Spider-Man in media resemble Tobey Maguire or for that matter Garfield. And let each adaptation develop its own look. The PS4 original render was a good cross-section of Peter in the Stern/JRJR era and his general adult look and either case without all the references and codes, it allowed gamers to insert themselves into the character and inhabit him, whereas now you have this extra filter.

I hope someday they restore the original render because the excuses they gave for changing it are obvious b---shit. This is clearly some top-down corporate or marketing mandate. Maybe passed by Marvel, or some marketing exec as some kind of hook to sell the "Remaster" as 'same but also like new' but there wasn't any technical or narrative reason to change the character model.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 11-19-2021 at 07:44 PM.

BOOOONESAAAW is reaaDYYYYY

I mean, we are assuming that next time we see Peter Parker in live-action he would even be played by Holland. It's possible (I think maybe even likely) based on Holland's comments in the past few months that this will be the last time he plays Spider-Man and the next film is a soft-reboot with a new actor playing a college-aged Peter.

He still has one more movie after this, presumably the Spider-Man vs Venom movie. But Holland's GQ interview heavily leans to him being on the verge of a burn out. Sony/Pascal comments imply they want to keeping pushing more movies with him. I hope someone intervenes and gives him the break he very obviously needs at this point.

They could presumably do Venom 3 with Peter in a secondary role and ends with him going 'missing' after the big fight with Venom.

By that point, this would be a Spider-Man who has fought the Avengers, Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio, the Sinister Six, Venom and has been to space and fought alien armies in universe threatening conflicts. He would have seniority status and somebody that Miles could admire for his achievements.

Miles takes over for the new movie then Peter comes back for a bit but acts as a mentor towards younger heroes like Miles, Kamala, the Young Avengers maybe even act as a part time teacher at the X-Men Institute or the Avengers Academy. That would be a good way to keep Holland's Spider-Man around but not burden him with being the lead until he's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    The rumor mill is that either Ned, MJ or May bites it in the movie. They've filmed death scenes for all three of them but only one of them goes in this movie.

From what I've heard, the final cut has spoilers:
    May as the big death of this movie.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Shit, we should've seen that coming .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The rumor mill is that either Ned, MJ or May bites it in the movie. They've filmed death scenes for all three of them but only one of them goes in this movie.

From what I've heard, the final cut has spoilers:
    May as the big death of this movie.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I haven't watched the second movie, does aunt May even have enough of a presence there for that to be impactful? She was only kinda there in Homecoming, and if the second movie does the same, will be kinda whatever if she dies on the third one.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    spoilers:
    I haven't watched the second movie, does aunt May even have enough of a presence there for that to be impactful? She was only kinda there in Homecoming, and if the second movie does the same, will be kinda whatever if she dies on the third one.
    end of spoilers
    They should kill off Happy Hogan if anything. That role is essentially parasitic in these movies and entirely pointless.

I think one way or another they're definitely killing off one of the adults.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He still has one more movie after this, presumably the Spider-Man vs Venom movie. But Holland's GQ interview heavily leans to him being on the verge of a burn out. Sony/Pascal comments imply they want to keeping pushing more movies with him. I hope someone intervenes and gives him the break he very obviously needs at this point.

They could presumably do Venom 3 with Peter in a secondary role and ends with him going 'missing' after the big fight with Venom.

By that point, this would be a Spider-Man who has fought the Avengers, Vulture, Shocker, Mysterio, the Sinister Six, Venom and has been to space and fought alien armies in universe threatening conflicts. He would have seniority status and somebody that Miles could admire for his achievements.

Miles takes over for the new movie then Peter comes back for a bit but acts as a mentor towards younger heroes like Miles, Kamala, the Young Avengers maybe even act as a part time teacher at the X-Men Institute or the Avengers Academy. That would be a good way to keep Holland's Spider-Man around but not burden him with being the lead until he's ready.
    No wonder he's feeling burnout, he's basically speedrunning his entire Spider-Man career.

Astonishing Member

This does kind of remind me of the silver-lining of the MCU Spider-Man movies was that they've just featured Spider-Man and not a bunch of other Spider-Heroes.

Well, we've gotten MCU Guest stars and 2 other Spider-Men, but still .
    Hmm I wasn't too worried about that. Multiple different heroes with the same names isn't the MCU's MO. We are only now starting to get She-Hulk, Falcon Cap, and Kate Bishop.

They should kill off Happy Hogan if anything. That role is essentially parasitic in these movies and entirely pointless.
    Happy and Ned are the ones that narratively would have to go - Happy to end the Iron Man connection and Ned if you want to introduce Miles Morales in the MCU.

Also I agree about the Insomniac tender. Hoping the next game has a design similar to OG Peter, but that's a bit off topic from NWH.

The hell has Happy been doing? I only remember him as "That guy who's an ass to Peter" in Homecoming.

No wonder he's feeling burnout, he's basically speedrunning his entire Spider-Man career.
    spoilers:
    So when's he gonna do the Any% category?
    end of spoilers

Happy and Ned are the ones that narratively would have to go - Happy to end the Iron Man connection and Ned if you want to introduce Miles Morales in the MCU.
    Why would Ned need to die for Miles to show up?