Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

The early chapters of Yugi-oh were pretty dark. So maybe do a version that leans into that rather the card game stuff?

Danny Phantom, American Dragon Jake Long and Life and Times of Juniper Lee all lend themselves to a 10 years later style treatment.

Gravity Falls too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why a queer reading of the character?
    Its a long standing rumor/ theory among fans that Velma is a lesbian or Bi sexual. Kinda like everyone has said peppermint patty from Charlie brown is a lesbian. I think even someone who was on the creative team for one of the recent animated shows ( I think Mystery Incorporated) said they intended for Velma to be a lesbian but ultimately it got dropped for some reason. I feel like this HBO Max adult animated show is going to focus in on that aspect of Velma. Plus the scooby gang (mainly Daphne & Velma) have be sexualized by fans in more adult ways for years. I went to a local comic con in 2019 that had risky cos players as those characters that DEFINITELY weren't kid friendly lol.
    Last edited by Iron_Legion87; 02-26-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I agree that having Velma be gay would be a tiresome continuation of the old "she's not beautiful and glamorous, so she must be a lesbian" trope.

Though I always was more attracted to Velma than to Daphne. She was pretty much my perfect woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    I think even someone who was on the creative team for one of the recent animated shows ( I think Mystery Incorporated) said they intended for Velma to be a lesbian but ultimately it got dropped for some reason.
    It was Mystery Incorporated and it wasn't dropped, it was just never directly addressed

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Bi people exist
    They sure do.

BANNED

Its a long standing rumor/ theory among fans that Velma is a lesbian or Bi sexual. Kinda like everyone has said peppermint patty from Charlie brown is a lesbian. I think even someone who was on the creative team for one of the recent animated shows ( I think Mystery Incorporated) said they intended for Velma to be a lesbian but ultimately it got dropped for some reason. I feel like this HBO Max adult animated show is going to focus in on that aspect of Velma. Plus the scooby gang (mainly Daphne & Velma) have be sexualized by fans in more adult ways for years. I went to a local comic con in 2019 that had risky cos players as those characters that DEFINITELY were kid friendly lol.
    Using Peppermint Patty isn't a good example, people who say she's a lesbian don't really know anything about the character outside of her being a tomboy and the fact Marcie calls her "sėr".

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel Runner View Post
    Using Peppermint Patty isn't a good example, people who say she's a lesbian don't really know anything about the character outside of her being a tomboy and the fact Marcie calls her "sėr".
    I was never sure about Peppermint Patty but growing up all I heard whenever we watched the holiday specials of Charlie Brown was that she was a lesbian (usually said to be funny or something).

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Peppermint Patty wasn't a lesbian. She actually had a crush on Charlie Brown, apparently.

Now Marcie, on the other hand...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The early chapters of Yugi-oh were pretty dark. So maybe do a version that leans into that rather the card game stuff?
    That, I just feel is the difference between Shonen and American kids shows. Lots of stuff always get censored when it becomes an anime.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Peppermint Patty wasn't a lesbian. She actually had a crush on Charlie Brown, apparently.

I mean, who knows. I had a crush on a girl as a child, and another girl clearly had a crush on me. Neither of us is straight now. Peppermint Patty was 10, she's got a lot of development ahead of her

BANNED

Nah, Marcie had a crush on Charlie Brown too
    pe820818.jpg
    There's a lot of people who misinterpret the characters, like Marcie calling Patty "sir", it started because Marcie mixed up her pronouns, and then later Marcie primarily said it to annoy Patty because she didn't like it

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Agreed. My favorite will always be the bad guy who set himself on fire...

pe820818.jpg
    There's a lot of people who misinterpret the characters, like Marcie calling Patty "sir", it started because Marcie mixed up her pronouns, and then later Marcie primarily said it to annoy Patty because she didn't like it
    Agreed. Marcie also got with Pierre from the movie... Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (And Don't Come Back!!):

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-26-2021 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Patty may be into Charlie now. But when she goes to wellesley and joins the softball team it will be Chuck Who?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Its a long standing rumor/ theory among fans that Velma is a lesbian or Bi sexual. Kinda like everyone has said peppermint patty from Charlie brown is a lesbian. I think even someone who was on the creative team for one of the recent animated shows ( I think Mystery Incorporated) said they intended for Velma to be a lesbian but ultimately it got dropped for some reason. I feel like this HBO Max adult animated show is going to focus in on that aspect of Velma. Plus the scooby gang (mainly Daphne & Velma) have be sexualized by fans in more adult ways for years. I went to a local comic con in 2019 that had risky cos players as those characters that DEFINITELY weren't kid friendly lol.
    I never understood the Peppermint Patty is lesbian thing either - sure she's a tomboy, but she makes no bones about being interested in Charlie Brown. Now Marcie I could see being a lesbian for Patty, but it's one sided.

And some fans are weird...

pe820818.jpg
    Huh, never knew that. Learn something new.

And lol Snoopy wondering about the hat thing.