Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Shows that could use an adult reboot.

So with Riverdale and Nancy Drew being a thing and Powderpuff Girls coming out. I was wondering what other kid type shows could use a darker adult remake.

I have a couple ideas.

Bob The Builder.

It has been many years and we find Bob living under a new name in Iowa. Turns out he is in the Witness protection program. Bob for years used his mob connections to get construction jobs, permits, supplies etc.. Bit he had to do a few favors for them. Laying a foundation for a building? The perfect place for a body. Bob has done some dark things but with the money he was making he could care less. Then the FBI raided his office. Bob had no intention to spend the rest of his life in prison so he turned evidence. no he lives a new life always looking over his shoulder wondering when he will have to pay the price for what he has done.

Dora The Explorer

This show has a bit of a dark supernatural theme.

Dora while exploring found a dark cult about to preform a dark ritual. She knew what was going down and stole the idol they were using. Now she is on the run and as the bodies pile up she wonders if she will be next?

So what are some of your ideas?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Dora The Explorer

This show has a bit of a dark supernatural theme.

Dora while exploring found a dark cult about to preform a dark ritual. She knew what was going down and stole the idol they were using. Now she is on the run and as the bodies pile up she wonders if she will be next?
    They did the live action Dora and the Lost City of Gold a couple of years ago, though it wasn't nearly that grim.

I'd love to see an ongoing Josie and the Pussycats TV series... more adult in theme but still much more faithful to the original cartoon than either the live-action movie or the Riverdale version.

Long ago, before the movie came out, I wanted to write a script that picked up after the Pussycats in Outer Space cartoon... the band and their posse ended up cryogenically frozen on their spaceship in the 1970's, and were discovered and thawed out in the present day. They were of course the subject of fascination by the public, and had to try to resume their lives and their musical careers despite having missed the last 30 years or so.

And then we have this, certainly one of the greatest TV commercials ever made, and the perfect template for a movie I would pay very good money to see:

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Space Ghost. A serious superhero film or show featuring him can definitely work.

I'd go full Doctor Who meets Big Bang theory with Dexter's Laboratory. Make him a child genius who grew up but never really matured could be interesting. Dexter's the Doctor, Mandrake is the Master and Dede is the Companion.

Totally Spies!- it's basically Charlie's Angels.

Yu Yu Hakusho- rather than focus on Yusuke's kids, focus on Yusuke dealing with life in his 40s.

I'd like to see a Jonny Quest film or tv show.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Johnny Bravo
    Have Chris Hemsworth play him in a R rated comedy. This clueless toxic male in a PC world.

BANNED

Samurai Jack comes to mind

Astonishing Member

I actually think Gargoyles would work well in the mold of “dark and gritty Netflix remakes of stuff you enjoyed as a kid.” Gargoyles already had a darker overall tone from other children shows which made it somewhat of an anomaly in western animation.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Definitely, my choice would be Disney's Little Einsteins

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

sonic the hedgehog so shadow can become a new level of edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I actually think Gargoyles would work well in the mold of “dark and gritty Netflix remakes of stuff you enjoyed as a kid.” Gargoyles already had a darker overall tone from other children shows which made it somewhat of an anomaly in western animation.
    Problem is the special effects budget if it gets turned into live action...

I loved watching the anime Assassination Classroom. I would love for them to do a 10 year reunion series.

I could see something along the lines of Irina getting in trouble and her husband asks the gang to help get her.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Interestingly enough, apparently this is gonna happen...sort of.

I'd rather an adult reboot of Scooby Doo with the entire cast, but I'll probably check this out.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 02-24-2021 at 07:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Problem is the special effects budget if it gets turned into live action...
    There can be adult cartoons.

Just go on ahead, and let Thundarr The Barbarian go full-on Heavy Metal.