Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just go on ahead, and let Thundarr The Barbarian go full-on Heavy Metal.
    Thundarr coming back in general would be cool.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Agreed. Hopefully, they'll have enough in their budget for both Ookla the Mok & his Equort
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-24-2021 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I would love to see an adult remake of Dexter's Laboratory, but like a sequel where they're older (like 20s). see how wild him and Mandark's rivalry fan get when they can do everything out in the open. just two Ricks battling each other.

Megas XLR also comes to mind, Courage the Cowardly Dog could be absolutely fucked up in the best way if done properly.

I would love a Tower Prep remake with a straight up R rating. criminal underrated show, gone before its time.

oh, how awesome would an adult themed Danny Phantom or American Dragon be! damn, my childhood had some heaters boi!

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Samurai Jack comes to mind
    they already didn't that with the revival.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-25-2021 at 05:46 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Dexter's Lab- bullied teen science murders his classmates with different experiments.

Paw Patrol- Think Judge Dredd style where these dogs murder everyone who breaks the law
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Dexter's Lab- bullied teen science murders his classmates with different experiments.

Paw Patrol- Think Judge Dredd style where these dogs murder everyone who breaks the law
    Judge Dredd didnt murder anyone. he held legal executions
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Spectacular Member

Just go on ahead, and let Thundarr The Barbarian go full-on Heavy Metal.
    I second this. Same with Blackstar. Its got the mythology already, a terrific villain, and hits a lot of Sword and Sorcery tropes well.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    Thundarr was name dropped as a show they watch in the DTV movie Scooby-Doo: The Sword and the Scoob released this week.

Velma watches it for the abs

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    They did the live action Dora and the Lost City of Gold a couple of years ago, though it wasn't nearly that grim.

I'd love to see an ongoing Josie and the Pussycats TV series... more adult in theme but still much more faithful to the original cartoon than either the live-action movie or the Riverdale version.

Long ago, before the movie came out, I wanted to write a script that picked up after the Pussycats in Outer Space cartoon... the band and their posse ended up cryogenically frozen on their spaceship in the 1970's, and were discovered and thawed out in the present day. They were of course the subject of fascination by the public, and had to try to resume their lives and their musical careers despite having missed the last 30 years or so.

And then we have this, certainly one of the greatest TV commercials ever made, and the perfect template for a movie I would pay very good money to see:

That was great. I remember the Wacky Races and I'm sure that, when it was made, that commercial targeted a car buying audience that remembered it.
    Power with Girl is better.

There was also the Dungeons and Dragons commercial ad.

For the past three years, Dexter has been living with tremendous guilt. It didn’t matter that he had been warning her for years to stay out of his laboratory, that he had warned her not to press the button, it had still been his experiment that killed her, and the secrecy of his lab kept him from being able to tell anybody what happened, forcing their parents to believe she ran away. Now, mysteriously, she seems to be back, but that can’t be possible, can it? Why is she dating his rival Mandark now? And why does his lab monkey always hide when she’s around? And what, if anything, does this have to do with the (new, sexy, teenaged) Justice Friends have to do with it?

---

Norville is scared. Pretty much all the time. He's been living with his grandmother ever since his mother was committed to a sanitarium. She had hallucinations and eventually stopped being able to tell reality from fantasy. And now Norville has started experiencing the same. Self-medicating with recreational drugs helps keep him from seeing ghosts, but nothing can stop him from hearing his great dane talking to him in human speech. But maybe that's okay? It doesn't appear that he's the only one. The captain of the football team, the head fashionista, and his trans best friend Velma all seem to hear it, too. Together, they're going to take on their town's history of supernatural threats and prove that there's no such thing as ghost, because only by confronting his fears can Shaggy conquer them

Astonishing Member

Totally Spies is inevitable. That’s going to happen. Mark my words. Netflix is going to do a gritty reboot one day.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Boisterously Confused

just go on ahead, and let thundarr the barbarian go full-on heavy metal.
    yyyyyaaaaasssss!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Norville is scared. Pretty much all the time. He's been living with his grandmother ever since his mother was committed to a sanitarium. She had hallucinations and eventually stopped being able to tell reality from fantasy. And now Norville has started experiencing the same. Self-medicating with recreational drugs helps keep him from seeing ghosts, but nothing can stop him from hearing his great dane talking to him in human speech. But maybe that's okay? It doesn't appear that he's the only one. The captain of the football team, the head fashionista, and his trans best friend Velma all seem to hear it, too. Together, they're going to take on their town's history of supernatural threats and prove that there's no such thing as ghost, because only by confronting his fears can Shaggy conquer them
    Damn! I love the Scooby one!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Damn! I love the Scooby one!
    It doesn't go anywhere near the direction of my idea, but I was hearing about a fanmade Scooby-Doo adult series/movie last year:

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post

Interestingly enough, apparently this is gonna happen...sort of.

I'd rather an adult reboot of Scooby Doo with the entire cast, but I'll probably check this out.
    Well they already sort of did do a gritty more adult version of Scooby doo in comic book form a few years ago. From what I heard it was decent. But they are doing a new adult animated series for HBO MAX ( I think) that just features Velma and her origin story before meeting the rest of the gang. Mindy Kaling is producing and doing the voice. Not really sure anyone was asking for a Velma origin story (let alone an adult themed one) but we will see how it goes LOL.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

I might as well throw my hat in the ring and say Power Rangers (or its Japanese counterpart Super Sentai), a la the Netflix Marvel series or Kamen Rider Amazons on Amazon Prime Video. Think of it like the BOOM! Studios' Power Rangers comics or the darker, more serious Power Rangers seasons from later in the original Saban era (In Space, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, and Wild Force), but with even more heightened intensity in the plotting and characterization, and of course the fight scenes. Really get into superpowered combat between the Rangers and their foes, while also addressing the physical and psychological toll secretly fending off an extraterrestrial/extradimensional invasion would inflict on them.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 02-25-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.